Menu

Using AoPS online grades for public school requirements

Any AoPS online users, have you ever requested a grade from your child's course? How detailed was the grade (any scores, just a number, rank in class, etc)? Have you ever used this grade to get credit with your public school district?  How easy/difficult was this, and in which state?

DD is currently taking AoPS Algebra A, and she's loving the class and the format.  Our state requires completion of Algebra I and Geometry, with at least one EOC (end of course) exam  - Alg I or Geom - in order to graduate.  Period.  My niece, who moved here from out of state and started 8th grade taking Honors Alg II/Trig at the high school, was still required to go back and take either the Alg I or Geom EOC exam, even though she had completed the classes at her public school in another state (in honors sections, and received As).  So, just in case we are going to seek a public school diploma, I want my bases covered.  I don't necessarily want a grade from the AoPS class to go towards a high school GPA.  I just want it to be accepted for credit towards completion of Alg 1, which requires having a grade in the course.  I'm also curious as to how AoPS does their grading.  I've read their FAQs about it, but it is still unclear to me, and I am wondering if it is enough documentation to meet the persnickety burden of proof in my state. (We'll cross the EOC exam bridge when we get there next year).

DD has yet to complete her first AoPS class, but there is this on the AoPS website.  At the bottom of the page, in the "Thorough Progress Tracking" section, click on the first interactive screen. Then scroll through the pages until the end; the last one is a sample grade report.  HTH.  (And I hope that someone with more experience answers, as well, about school credit.)