Menu

Well, we finally did it!

ravinlunachick

We brought our son home. The battles with his school were just too much to take any longer. He hated going, so badly that he would cry and try to vomit in the morning to stay home. :(

Tomorrow will make a week since we decided not to send him back, and I have to say that I haven't seen him this happy in a long, long time. We're still trying to fit him into our daily school routines, but I have faith that we'll find our groove soon. It's incredibly freeing; this is the first time since my oldest began ps 4K in 2008 that we have been completely free of the school's calendar. Our days seem so long and relaxed without the rush to and from school!

• Like 17

:hurray:  congratulations!

We went through the same struggle with my youngest. Bringing him home was an adjustment but it was the best thing for all of us. He became a calmer, happier little guy. 2 years in and it is still wonderful for him. He's meeting milestones and targets in therapy now that the school had decided he'd never be able to do. 

Good luck to you on this new path!

• Like 3

We brought our son home. The battles with his school were just too much to take any longer. He hated going, so badly that he would cry and try to vomit in the morning to stay home. :(

Tomorrow will make a week since we decided not to send him back, and I have to say that I haven't seen him this happy in a long, long time. We're still trying to fit him into our daily school routines, but I have faith that we'll find our groove soon. It's incredibly freeing; this is the first time since my youngest began ps 4K in 2008 that we have been completely free of the school's calendar. Our days seem so long and relaxed without the rush to and from school!

Yea!  This is such excellent news.  Good for you!  It's so wonderful that you are seeing how happy your son is and that he is easily fitting into your daily schedule. I am sure also that you will find your groove soon.

:hurray: :iagree: :hurray: :grouphug: hugs to you all for your courage to do what needed to be done.  It can be scary but you did it!