Menu

Transcript Pro or Word document or...

I've read the older threads about this, but I'm wondering if anyone has found something new or just loves what they use to make a transcript.  I don't need a program that tracks all their assignments, just a form to fill out and look professional.  My dd is a freshman and I want to decide what to use by the end of the year so I don't get behind.  So, what's the latest and greatest and why do you like it?  If you have a great Word document, feel free to share!  :)

• Like 1

If you are not looking for something to keep track of stuff, Word or any decent word processing program will be more than adequate.  I wouldn't spend extra money.  I kept all of the notes for my kids courses in a Word document so that I would have everything I needed for making course descriptions later.  I included books read, projects/papers done, field trips, topics covered, etc.  I also kept a version of a transcript in Excel for ease in calculating GPA and keeping the grades and credits handy. 

When it came time to make an official transcript, I used text boxes and tables in Word to make a nice looking transcript.  I had a text box for identifying information.  One for GPA and test scores.  And then a series of 4 tables - 2 across, one for each year.  I had 3 columns per table: course title, credit, and grade.  I did use subscripts with my course titles to denote classes that were taken with an outside provider.  For courses that were dual enrollment, I used a background color for that line in the table.  I put a legend at the bottom for the outside providers.  I finished it off with a spot for my signature, which I scanned and uploaded. 

ETA:  pm me and I can send you mine. 

• Like 1