Menu

Do you struggle with your weight?

TXMary2

I know I haven't been posting here in quite a while, but that is because I have been focused on other things. One being trying to get healthy. I know from reading things here over the years that several of us have struggled with food and weight for a long time, if not our entire lives off and on.

Last year, I decided to change my life.  My story is featured on a blog called Ketovangelist. At the time of the article I had lost 83 pounds, but I am down 87 now.

Anyway, I hope you will check it out and I hope if you struggle that it will inspire you.  It is no gimmick, I am not selling anything - I simply let go of the things I was addicted to. I couldn't be happier and I just want others to know that if I can do it, you can too.

http://www.ketovangelist.com/one-year-83-pounds-and-now-i-am-a-total-bad-ass/

• Like 14

I know I haven't been posting here in quite a while, but that is because I have been focused on other things. One being trying to get healthy. I know from reading things here over the years that several of us have struggled with food and weight for a long time, if not our entire lives off and on.

Last year, I decided to change my life.  My story is featured on a blog called Ketovangelist. At the time of the article I had lost 83 pounds, but I am down 87 now.

Anyway, I hope you will check it out and I hope if you struggle that it will inspire you.  It is no gimmick, I am not selling anything - I simply let go of the things I was addicted to. I couldn't be happier and I just want others to know that if I can do it, you can too.

http://www.ketovangelist.com/one-year-83-pounds-and-now-i-am-a-total-bad-ass/

I'd say you are a total bad ass.  Congratulations!

• Like 2

I'd say you are a total bad ass.  Congratulations!

Just for the record, the guy who owns the blog - suggested that and sort of made me title it that way. LOL  I told him it sounded arrogant and he said, "So what?"  So, there you go. LOL

• Like 3

TXMary,

Do you find that you cook a lot? I mean, most of the paleo/primalish/keto food is hard to come by in the average restaurant or package. How do you keep up with the food prep? that is my problem.

Not more than usual. I don't find eating out difficult at all. I stick to meat, veggies, salads. At home, if I make burgers for the family, I just make mine bunless and I pile it with mushrooms, onions, avocado and bacon. I don't find it to be much effort at all.

• 1 month later...

Congratulations Bad Ass!

Is it rude for me to mention that I'm very jealous of your ability to lose so much weight while retaining your ta-tas?  Because I am.

Hahaha- yeah, I guess I am blessed in that area. They have always been big though before, during and after obesity.

:hurray:  Awesome!! My question is do you feed your kids the same?

They do eat the same dinner, but they still eat the things I don't. If I make burgers, mine is bunless, theirs isn't and they eat fries. If I make tacos, I use romaine lettuce leaf and they use taco shells.  I only have one child left at home so it really isn't hard for me to work out for just the three of us.

They do eat the same dinner, but they still eat the things I don't. If I make burgers, mine is bunless, theirs isn't and they eat fries. If I make tacos, I use romaine lettuce leaf and they use taco shells. I only have one child left at home so it really isn't hard for me to work out for just the three of us.

Congratulations!

This "meal plan" is what I am doing, though on weekends I do allow myself 2 meals that include "no-nos" (usually a dessert). I suspect that is a bad idea. :D I do a lot of "freezer meal" cooking, so I found recipes that could be frozen (including lots of soup) and that makes a huge difference. The rest of the family will often have bread or rice or pasta with their meal and I just leave that out.

I am also being conscientious about drinking water - I think I used to drink about 16oz of water plus 16oz coffee per day. Now I drink at least 64oz of water (and the coffee).

Well done, Mary!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Congratulations!

This "meal plan" is what I am doing, though on weekends I do allow myself 2 meals that include "no-nos" (usually a dessert). I suspect that is a bad idea. :D I do a lot of "freezer meal" cooking, so I found recipes that could be frozen (including lots of soup) and that makes a huge difference. The rest of the family will often have bread or rice or pasta with their meal and I just leave that out.

I am also being conscientious about drinking water - I think I used to drink about 16oz of water plus 16oz coffee per day. Now I drink at least 64oz of water (and the coffee).

Well done, Mary!

Thank you! I have not tried freezer cooking yet - for some reason it scares me. lol 

I do drink a lot of water and coffee, but nothing else!  I am sure I don't drink enough water yet, but I am working on it.