Menu

Ignore this thread!

(((Renai's dancer/singer)))

Slache, I'm so sorry you didn't get to have your ultrasound. Were you disappointed? I would have been.

Yes! I always love seeing the heartbeat and knowing everything's okay. I should have known something was wrong when they didn't call to remind me. They said I'll have to come in in the morning because they're so overbooked. I can't come in in the morning!

• Like 3

Who's alittledeal?

(Lurker?)

We have a small but faithful following of lurkers.  In fact, someone read on here about me being gf and pm'ed me to ask advice about holiday cooking and traveling with a gf child.  We are helping folks one silly post at a time.

I have boiled the sweet potatoes and prepared the praline topping.  When I get my second wind, I will drain them, mash them, and prepare the casserole, to be baked tomorrow.  

My two girls peeled the sweet potatoes, which I appreciate.  My goal was not to cut off an appendage while chopping them up since they were huge and it was hard to chop them.  Little dd fled from the kitchen at the sight.

I have my turkey bag out, and I need to wrangle it, oil it and toss it in the bag.  I have an extra, Renai, so stop by and get it.  It's yours.

• Like 5

We have a small but faithful following of lurkers.  In fact, someone read on here about me being gf and pm'ed me to ask advice about holiday cooking and traveling with a gf child.  We are helping folks one silly post at a time.

I have boiled the sweet potatoes and prepared the praline topping.  When I get my second wind, I will drain them, mash them, and prepare the casserole, to be baked tomorrow.  

My two girls peeled the sweet potatoes, which I appreciate.  My goal was not to cut off an appendage while chopping them up since they were huge and it was hard to chop them.  Little dd fled from the kitchen at the sight.

I have my turkey bag out, and I need to wrangle it, oil it and toss it in the bag.  I have an extra, Renai, so stop by and get it.  It's yours.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/taters

And, thanks for the bag.

• Like 3

My stuff is done and dh was kind enough to reorganize the fridge and wrangle the turkey back in there. Whew!

I need to find the Thanksgiving Day CD - it's a Windham Hill collection. I suppose these days I could find it on one of those newfangled streaming things that all the young folks are using.

• Like 2

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/taters

And, thanks for the bag.

:lol:  I boiled 'em, mashed 'em, and didn't stick 'em in a stew.

Also, I had a horrible moment when I read the ingredients to the turkey and saw "wheat flour", and it was about  minute before I realized that was for the packet of gravy which I was going to discard, during which time I was panicked at the thought I had bought a gluten turkey and was the evening before Thanksgiving and I was in pj pants and wiped out.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 5

The turkey is finally in the brine. I accidentally doubled the salt. So, I doubled the water in the cooler. :leaving:

I gotta do that. Brine it. Not double the water. I brine mine in a 5 gallon bucket. It's 24 lbs. so Dh has to help me get it all in the bucket and the bucket in the fridge. I hate dealing with raw turkeys. And DH is such a germophobe I want to clock him with the giblet bag. I spray everything down with that spray stuff after, so it's all good, but the during part.... Grrr!
  • Like 4

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just used $120 in rewards to get myself a much needed professional coat... Worth $220 + tax... For free! YAY!

They look good on me and I love them. You have made my week. I was just saying I would use rewards to buy a coat from there but it was still expensive. Woo!

I do find a couple of things I like, like this: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1026493&vid=1&pid=113177002. I'd probably like it better if I knew about the reward thing. I think the last time I ordered was last Christmas.

• Like 1

You don't have to say nice things about it. :) it's not for everyone. I look good in dystopian automaton uniform type stuff, so the Gap suits me. I'm glad some people have more style and flair but hey, I rock all black and now I have a wool trench to match!!!

• Like 1

You don't have to say nice things about it. :) it's not for everyone. I look good in dystopian automaton uniform type stuff, so the Gap suits me. I'm glad some people have more style and flair but hey, I rock all black and now I have a wool trench to match!!!

Nah. I'm not just saying nice things. I ordered what I linked. Dd16 also likes black. Ya'll might get along well. :) (She's reading over my shoulder and saying how she rocks that look.)

• Like 1

Turkey is brining in a the ice chest in the shop.  Two 10 cup containers of turkey stock are frozen on the back porch. Green beans, pearl onions, and mushrooms with copious amounts of bacon are freezing on the back porch.  Homemade brown and serve rolls are hopefully not blowing off the back porch.  Nana is bringing the stuffing, wine, and dessert.  Tomorrow is turkey, mashed potatoes, and gravy.  And reheating.  I think I'm going to bed. :seeya:

P.S.  Bummed about the ultrasound.  :sad:

• Like 3