Menu

Ignore this thread!

Wow, you ladies are wild.  Talking margaritas at 2:30 in the afternoon; I wanna party with you, babe! ;)

I had wine with breakfast once because I woke up with a headache. I had a wonderful day. I'm not joking. I was relaxed all day. I'd like to start every day with a glass of wine, but it's not really culturally acceptable. -Slash whose never once been drunk and can booya better than Quackers.

I bought a stroller for my 80lb dog with spondylosis.

veering into crazy dog lady territory

Not crazy. Good mama. Fine line.

• Like 2

Popping in quickly to say that we have been without power since 7 pm last night and are in the middle of major moving around in the house because dh's grandmother, 96 and on hospice, is coming to live with us tomorrow. she has advanced Alzheimer's, heart failure and is in a wheelchair. We will have paid overnight care but I will be doing most of the rest. It is the right thing to do but so sobering and overwhelming.

• Like 4

Popping in quickly to say that we have been without power since 7 pm last night and are in the middle of major moving around in the house because dh's grandmother, 96 and on hospice, is coming to live with us tomorrow. she has advanced Alzheimer's, heart failure and is in a wheelchair. We will have paid overnight care but I will be doing most of the rest. It is the right thing to do but so sobering and overwhelming.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

• Like 1

*hugs*

Oh my. :grouphug:

My SIL had her Dad in her home on hospice until he passed on.  Lots of love and hugs to you all!

• Like 1

I"m just checking in to try to not get very far behind.  Using the weekend to catch up on some house and yard work, especially since it finally stopped raining for a bit.  So much to get done before the next storm front comes through.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Poll:   Yes or no.  Would you post the Bristol Stool Scale (aka Pictorial Guide to Poop) upon the wall of your (only) bathroom?  The bathroom company uses?

We got some stoppage here on a major scale, and for the sake of potty-training I am going gung-ho.  It's Clean-Out Week in this house, kiddoodles!  :hurray:

I bought a stroller for my 80lb dog with spondylosis.

veering into crazy dog lady territory

I'm sorry to hear your dog is suffering. As long as s/he's alive you can't do too much for them with respect to their health.

Oh my. You are in my thoughts and I am wishing you strength. I am glad you have overnight care.

Poll:   Yes or no.  Would you post the Bristol Stool Scale (aka Pictorial Guide to Poop) upon the wall of your (only) bathroom?  The bathroom company uses?

We got some stoppage here on a major scale, and for the sake of potty-training I am going gung-ho.  It's Clean-Out Week in this house, kiddoodles!  :hurray:

I probably wouldn't. 

But, have you heard of Mah-ve-lous tape?  It won't damage whatever it sticks to.  You could use it and take your poster down when company comes. 

Good luck with potty training, etc.!

• Like 1

I probably wouldn't either, but maybe I would. 

Because we were having issues with our toilet stopping up, and I wrote up a poster that said: 

If you have to number 2,

Use the other loo.  :D

But we have 2 bathrooms so that wouldn't work for you.

When the twins potty trained they loved an Elmo potty video (can't recall exact name) and washing their hands. They thought washing hands was the greatest thing ever.

• Like 2

I probably wouldn't either, but maybe I would. 

Because we were having issues with our toilet stopping up, and I wrote up a poster that said: 

If you have to number 2,

Use the other loo.   :D

But we have 2 bathrooms so that wouldn't work for you.

When the twins potty trained they loved an Elmo potty video (can't recall exact name) and washing their hands. They thought washing hands was the greatest thing ever.

Love your poster!  Our only 1st floor bathroom stops up easily and I have asked the primary offenders to go upstairs, but their memory is sketchy.  

• Like 1

I must be a very dedicated couch potato and chocoholic. Because I read that and instead of reading 'labrador' I read 'laboratory' and I wondered where does one obtain a portable chocolate making laboratory.

:smilielol5: (Maybe that's why I put off C25K so long.... no portable chocolate making laboratory!)

• Like 1

And... not to change the subject - ha!

But, since we talked about this 20 some pages ago....

I did C25K this morning for the first time since January.  I backed up to week 2.  Our chocolate lab went with me.  Yay me.

WooHoo! Yay for you!  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :thumbup:

• Like 1

I hadn't heard of that before!  I'm amazed my dad didn't form such a chart when I was growing up -- he asked detailed enough questions.

I just might use this to:

1.  enhance Health class, and
  2. embarrass DD13 (and maybe DD10) even further (this will either work beautifully, or will backfire and encourage the junior high sense of humor further -- either would be amusing!)

However, being a lover of good detail I will probably go for the chart that lists 20 different kinds:

(I pasted the link here, but it was a paragraph long and I wondered about it.  Instead here are instructions on how I found it it:  Google "bristol stool chart", then look at the collection of pictures until you find the one that seems overly detailed.)

:lol:

ETA:  Googling "revised bristol stool chart" will find it faster.

• Like 1

I hadn't heard of that before!  I'm amazed my dad didn't form such a chart when I was growing up -- he asked detailed enough questions.

I just might use this to:

1.  enhance Health class, and
  2. embarrass DD13 (and maybe DD10) even further (this will either work beautifully, or will backfire and encourage the junior high sense of humor further -- either would be amusing!)

However, being a lover of good detail I will probably go for the chart that lists 20 different kinds:

(I pasted the link here, but it was a paragraph long and I wondered about it.  Instead here are instructions on how I found it it:  Google "bristol stool chart", then look at the collection of pictures until you find the one that seems overly detailed.)

:lol:

ETA:  Googling "revised bristol stool chart" will find it faster.

:smilielol5:

Me?

YES!  B-O-O-Y-A-H!!!!!

Though I really wanted to be at the top of page 50, since I am 50 and we have 50 states in the union and it would be quite in keeping with all of our hula videos....

• Like 3