Menu

Ignore this thread!

I want points for honesty.

When I was building homes in Louisiana we had some Canadians fly in. On their last night they got drunk out of their minds (didn't have to work the next day) and woke me up so they could sing the Canadian National Anthem to me. Half way through it became our National Anthem and the girl started crying because none of them knew their own national anthem. Yay daiquiries!

• Like 7

100% Texan, even though I wasn't born there.

Pork with vinegar sauce is the devil, although pork BBQ is delicious.

Sweet tea is gross, but I know how Texans like it.

I didn't realize other people don't have homecoming mums. You mean girls in other states don't walk around with huge flowers on their chest, trailing ribbons, sequins, and bells?

The poll forgot to ask about kolaches.

ETA: And you're supposed to say "Howdy!" when you greet a stranger. Just smiling at a random person is creepy.

• Like 3

28 points for clever humor.

YAY! I am pointless no longer! 

I want points for honesty.

When I was building homes in Louisiana we had some Canadians fly in. On their last night they got drunk out of their minds (didn't have to work the next day) and woke me up so they could sing the Canadian National Anthem to me. Half way through it became our National Anthem and the girl started crying because none of them knew their own national anthem. Yay daiquiries!

I was going to celebrate with a little cheers emoticon, but this caused me to rethink the wisdom of drinking and posting.  For now.

• Like 2

grrrrrr….. nice siggy, Slache. I am clearly falling behind here.   :angry:

I like to eat Texas Toast.  

And Canadian bacon.  

Show of hands, please…. who else out there is authorized to award points? 

I gave all the power to award points to myself.  I do not share.  However, you can award yourself as many as you think you deserve.  I am a benevolent dictator.  :D

• Like 2

First off, I have to apologize because this post is not in the spirit of this thread BUT

Thank you, ladies, for this delightful thread.  I have had a couple of kinda yucky days (nothing really bad and nothing to justify my moping-Bad.Me.) and this has made me smile. Repeatedly. You rock. (And you know who you are.)

:hurray:

• Like 8

<----------------------   check THIS out!  

Competitive DH was all excited about my score, until he found out the context of the game (i.e., this thread).  

So after getting over the fact that his wife is NOT going to be the next great thing in Classical Home Education, he suggested that at the very least we should find a way to track our running totals.  And so finally…. a purpose for the Member Title!

<----- Ta Da!   

Points for unsurpassed creative innovation?  With bonus points, since I haven't even finished my first cup of coffee this morning?  

:smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

Wait until DH gets home and I tell him how far this thread has gone now!

He'll be like :scared:  and :001_huh:  and  -- wait, no face-palm icon?  We need a face-palm icon!

• Like 1

First off, I have to apologize because this post is not in the spirit of this thread BUT

Thank you, ladies, for this delightful thread.  I have had a couple of kinda yucky days (nothing really bad and nothing to justify my moping-Bad.Me.) and this has made me smile. Repeatedly. You rock. (And you know who you are.)

We're good for some light-hearted fun around here.  :D

400 points for being complimentary.  ;)

• Like 2

:iagree:

Even better than a Seinfeld marathon.  

In the spirit of our benevolent dictator, a round of points for all y'all!   :D

• Like 2

We LOVE the goldfish method!!  You should try it. The rambling zig-zag didn't appeal to my son. Although it was all-over-the-place enough for him, it wasn't fast enough. The "strolling through the meadow with my head stuck in a tree trunk" didn't work either. We just didn't get anywhere. Sigh.So we moved on and haven't looked back.

I'm of absolutely no help on the other threads today, so I'm posting here.  I feel like I belong. 

(Do we get points for quoting AMJ too?)

Okay, I declare that everyone who quotes me in this thread gets 50 points!

• Like 3

YES!  My fair share!  Thank you.

For TMI proof, please see the thread on marriage and parenting, and the one in which SWB announces the online courses. 

You're welcome.  ;)

Links, please!  Don't make us leave this thread to search the forums!

Seriously!? I mentioned willies and offered to tackle a fireman! I should get more points. Or at least arrested.

You have been tried and found guilty.  Your sentence:  create the spin-off thread. 

What, no police badge icon, either?

Okay 5000 points to whomever gets them to add icons for police badges and face-palms!

I could get a picture of the kilt on the fire truck.  But alas, no fireman will be in attendance.  So, it's not as inspiring.

Can I get points for having a kilt and a fire man, even if the two won't be joined????

2000 points each for pictures posted of the kilt and fire truck.  5000 points if they are in the same picture.  1,000,000 points if you get the fireman to wear the kilt in the picture, standing on the fire truck -- but only if you actually post the picture here!

• Like 1

You have been tried and found guilty.  Your sentence:  create the spin-off thread. 

What, no police badge icon, either?

Okay 5000 points to whomever gets them to add icons for police badges and face-palms!

I don't wanna and you can't make me!

Besides, I was secretly awarded 2,000 points, so booya!

• Like 2

Does he have to be awake?

Half points if he's not awake.  Quintuple points if he's smiling at the camera.

ETA:  deleting what in hindsight struck me as rather tasteless and unfun of me.  Much apologies!

*SIGH*  I scored 70%.  But I'm a late-comer!  I've been deprived, and didn't get here until I was out of college!  I came as soon as I could!

I think I have to leave as I scored so miserably low on the Texas questionnaire that it's embarrassing.

Is there a remedial program on how to be Texan and cool like texasmama? I prefer mastery & open & go (no labs please!)

If you hang out with me for a weekend I will give you an intensive. But I think labs are necessary to get the local color. Don't worry. It involves things like riding horses and eating barbecue. As an extra, I will teach you how to chop a copperhead in half while wearing flip flips.
  • Like 3

*SIGH*  I scored 70%.  But I'm a late-comer!  I've been deprived, and didn't get here until I was out of college!  I came as soon as I could!

Ahem.  Some of us south of the border might disagree, right?

:blink:   Whoa, that's right, there is a border we are south of.

:nopity:  (in lieu of the music note icons we don't have, either)

South of the bo-order, down Te-exas wayyyy

There were Moms giggling and posting their days away

They should have been te-eaching their kids to obey

But we don't confo-orm much, down Te-exas way!

Aye yai yai yaiiiiiiii, Aye yai yai yai!!!!!!! :nopity:

• Like 2

:blink: Whoa, that's right, there is a border we are south of.

:nopity: (in lieu of the music note icons we don't have, either)

South of the bo-order, down Te-exas wayyyy

There were Moms giggling and posting their days away

They should have been te-eaching their kids to obey

But we don't confo-orm much, down Te-exas way!

Aye yai yai yaiiiiiiii, Aye yai yai yai!!!!!!! :nopity:

Copious points for clever song which mentions the magic word.

• Like 3

Okay, I declare that everyone who quotes me in this thread gets 50 points!

Well, thank you! I *need* some points! I'm a Canadian who knows next to nothing about Texas, so I haven't been scoring points yet. I'm sure I'd love it Texas if I knew it better. For one thing, I'll bet there's no snow there right now, unlike here. Maybe I should move.