Menu

Ignore this thread!

Lynn- I use CLE Algebra for my not math gifted kids and it works better than expected. Whenever I tried to move them out of CLE, we failed. I like CLE with the teens, especially, because it requires less interaction from me and I tend to just frustrate them more when they're frustrated.

For my kids good at math, I'd use Dolciani or AOPS.

• Like 4

I'll let you in on a little secret....I'm a sweeper. I enter contests in my spare time and win at least something pretty regularly. My big trip last month was our first significant win, though.

So, last week I saw that someone in my state with my first name and last initial won a prize in a sweeps I entered. But is it me???  Sometimes if the win doesn't require taxes and an affidavit they just send it to you w/ no notifications. I want it to be me! I don't know what the prize is because several were offered but there's a couple that I'd really like.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Monday. I hate Monday. Sorry, Ellie. No disrespect to the Queen!!

I slept horribly. $&€@&#% hotflashes.

Well, this week starts the second part of my summer. I need to get in gear with decluttering and getting stuff ready for school.

Today - fold the mountains of laundry that are in laundry baskets throughout my kitchen and living room, bake bread, the Student Center at church is open Monday from 3-5 for jr. high and high schoolers to hang out, so I will be taking my three oldest to that and then I need to go to The Afsa. And, I need to get back on the low-carb train. Last week.... oh my. The buffet at camp was amazing.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Paige said:

I'll let you in on a little secret....I'm a sweeper. I enter contests in my spare time and win at least something pretty regularly. My big trip last month was our first significant win, though.

So, last week I saw that someone in my state with my first name and last initial won a prize in a sweeps I entered. But is it me???  Sometimes if the win doesn't require taxes and an affidavit they just send it to you w/ no notifications. I want it to be me! I don't know what the prize is because several were offered but there's a couple that I'd really like.  

Wow, that is cool.

• Like 1

Good gug...morning. Since we are poeming today...

Early in the morning,

Before the heat of day,

I get my chores done,

Get ‘em out of the way,

For it’s time to write!

Write a book today!

Camp NaNo is here,

Let’s scribble away!

R. Musings

:biggrin:

I actual wrote a serious one that I need to work on later, but it's all about rivers being the voice of peace in my chaotic mind, and it's not ready yet. I have 2K planned for today, a short story to revise and let soak, and at least one critique to finish today.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

I had a hard time falling asleep last night.  I have been eating too much junk.  Today will be better.

I'm taking ds13 for a cello lesson at the university, which will take up the whole morning.  He is super excited about it.  Dd9 is sitting with me chatting incessently about her plan to go to the the bowling alley arcade for her birthday.  Which is in 6 months.  :laugh:  I have several little tasks that need to be accomplished.

Coffee!

I had a horrible time falling asleep last night, and I even took my herbs. Don’t know what that’s all about.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Critterfixer said:

Good gug...morning. Since we are poeming today...

Early in the morning,

Before the heat of day,

I get my chores done,

Get ‘em out of the way,

For it’s time to write!

Write a book today!

Camp NaNo is here,

Let’s scribble away!

R. Musings

:biggrin:

I actual wrote a serious one that I need to work on later, but it's all about rivers being the voice of peace in my chaotic mind, and it's not ready yet. I have 2K planned for today, a short story to revise and let soak, and at least one critique to finish today.

I really need to get out and hula hoe. It’s supposed to be hot hot hot today.

but, alas.....

I ITT!!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I “win” sweepstakes all the time. The ones I didn’t enter but where someone calls me to tell me that I won. All I have to do is a) send money, b) go to a seminar, c) verify my banking information for them including passwords. 

That's the kind of sweepstakes I win too. 

My "luck" is so bad, I have a running joke that if I ever bought a lottery scratch-off, I would find that my prize is "Go pay the cashier 5 bucks. Loser!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Krissi's making me want horchata.

51 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I “win” sweepstakes all the time. The ones I didn’t enter but where someone calls me to tell me that I won. All I have to do is a) send money, b) go to a seminar, c) verify my banking information for them including passwords. 

I don't even win these.

• Like 2

ETA: Post about legless reptiles. Avert your eyes! 

My boy went to check a popular watering hole in the woods for the fish. He came back screaming that he'd seen a nest of cottonmouth snakes, and nearly stepped on one. The hole was swimming with snakes! Six of them! All poison! Everywhere!

Turned out there were two. But he said that he wasn't going back there again because one was too many.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

I have been hearing thunder, but no rain yet.  I killed a Bird Poop Bug and some other little shiny brown beetle.

Bird Poop Bug and Brown Beetle Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends
It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

This is the thread that never ends....

• Like 5

Visitors are gone.  Now to mess the house up again!  (Not totally true but I do have to get some stuff that I quickly stored in the bedroom out.)  We had a nice visit and lunch together.  Having visitors is fun but also a bit of a hurdle for me.  I really like this brother, sister in law and grown nephew.  And I got to see pictures of their newest grandbaby.  Oh, and dh happened to be working from home today so he was able to join us for lunch, which was really really nice. 

• Like 6