Menu

Ignore this thread!

5 hours ago, Slache said:

I did most of the things. I have to do the rest of the things. And go to the chiropractor. Yay.

I just felt the baby kick. Is that a thing or am I just weird? It happens *a lot* shortly after having them and then spreads out. He's almost 2 so it's not like my uterus is still shrinking.

I'm going to try to trade my coffee in for chia fresca for a while. Have you heard of it? You ferment chia seeds in water and lime. I don't know. We'll see.

Imma go do more things.

I’m not liking this because you had me all excited there for a new baby.  Pout.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

To all concerned there is a baby on the menu, but we don't think (s)he'll be ready to be served for a year or two. Finances and moving and health and such. Then I'm getting my tubes tied, because death by cervix. Then we'll adopt 2 or 3 more. Maybe 7 more. We'll see.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

Slash, tell Matt to Google the Galloway method.  If I could run a marathon,  anyone can run a marathon. 

He's doing a half because it's 17 weeks away. He was considering the marathon, it got cancelled, it's uncancelled, now it's too soon.

1. He can train for a marathon in 17 weeks but with no grace time and that's unsettling. 

2. The time commitment for the training is a lot considering he has to leave for work at 5:45.

3. It's $50 less.

4. He's fat and has a not great knee.

5. He doesn't want to not do it just because he signed up for too much. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

Matt's marathon plan (which is actually mine, but I'm not ready) :

https://www.amazon.com/Non-Runners-Marathon-Trainer-David-Whitsett-ebook/dp/B006B7LSDY

...with scheduled down weeks (3/1) and...

I might start training next spring and see if I actually want to do it. That was my plan this year but my body just will not cooperate. 

That's so cool!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Yes for realsies. It’s an app where you take pictures and send them. They then go poof one minute after they are seen unless someone specifically saves the picture.  

Are there profiles and friends and stuff?

Today I did all the school, all the housework, walked the kids, bathed the kids, extra housework, computer work, Tai Chi, chiropractored and treated two ingrown toenails. I also made chia fresa for tomorrow and some online things for my dad.

Tomorrow I'm doing nothing.  So there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Slache said:

Are there profiles and friends and stuff?

There are friends. If you know someone’s user name you can add them. Apparently I got some details wrong. A sent picture only lasts ten seconds. But you can post things publicly called “stories” (I have never done that) which last 24 hours. 

• Like 1

This is really, really, basic and has been true for every second of every child, but I keep thinking that Baby will never again be as little as he is right now. ? And then I don't want to put him down at all! He's gotten so big, but he'll just get bigger. And all the kids and all the pets, and even DH and myself....we'll all never be this young again. Oldest DS is 16....I bet some days my parents think of how little I was at 16 and wish to have it back. He's still little too. 

• Like 5

Good Morning!

It's our 27th anniversary today. :wub:

Ds13 and dds15&11 are going hiking with the youth group today.  At a place called Savage Gulf.  :mellow:  I should have sent the water filter and bag with them.  I don't know if there are any experienced hikers leading the hike - my kids might the the experts.  :blink:

Today I want to label some jars to store dry herbs in, and finish my crochet dishcloth, and do some updating in my garden binder.  I don't necessarily need pantz but I expect some neighbor kids to meander over at some point.

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I hear that FB is primarily for “old people “ nowadays anyway. 

#ifIwaitlongenoughIbecometrendy

I am ancient.

8 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I do snap chat. 

#youngatheart

Dd19 does snap chat.  I just don't have enough brain power to keep up with trends.  

• Like 1

Ds17 finishes homeschool today.  He was glad that DC finally ended their championship drought.  He said he would have to graduate more often! ?

I told him there was a bachelor's degree, the police academy, a master's...

• Like 4

Way to go on the reading, Bookie!  

It's an Awesome Bookie Booyah!  :cool:

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends
It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

This is the thread that never ends....

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!!

I stayed up too late too -- I couldn't sleep because

WE WON THE STANLEY CUP!

Junie! I didn't even know you played hockey. I would've watched. :tongue:

I will not read Oak Meadow books now when I have work to do. I do not need to read them until winter. I will not read the Oak Meadow books now. Even though DS and kitty are sitting quietly on the couch. I will not read them later today, even. I have eleventyfour things on my To Do list, and Oak Meadow books are not in the top 50. So I won't. Right?

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday!!! Yay!!

we’re going to pick blueberries this morning at my Aunt and Uncle’s House. Hopefully we won’t  Run into any bears.

Yay for the loan, Bookmom!!!

Whitehawk, put the book down slowly and walk away. Nobody has to get hurt.

Jeannie, Happy Nirthday, dear Juliet!! She’s such a pretty pup.

Congratulatins, Junie!! Woohoo!!

Happy Anniversary, Susan and Mr. Susan!! 

I only do FB, and even then I don’t spend a lot of time on it. I have a Snapchat and Instagram account in an effort to be a good and responsible parent, but I never really figured them Out and got really resentful because I had to spend time I didn’t have to figure out the most inane and asinine things and put up with the idiocy that teenagers post in order to keep up with my teenage son and make sure he or others he was snapping or chatting with didn’t do anything inappropriate. then DS got into trouble on social media and we banned him, and he’s really not all that interested anyhow, so....

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

Junie! I didn't even know you played hockey. I would've watched. :tongue:

I will not read Oak Meadow books now when I have work to do. I do not need to read them until winter. I will not read the Oak Meadow books now. Even though DS and kitty are sitting quietly on the couch. I will not read them later today, even. I have eleventyfour things on my To Do list, and Oak Meadow books are not in the top 50. So I won't. Right?

Oh.  I knew I was forgetting to tell you all something.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I can't like. :blink: Likes, trophies and smooches to all. Time for my chia seed goop.

3 hours ago, Paige said:

This is really, really, basic and has been true for every second of every child, but I keep thinking that Baby will never again be as little as he is right now. ? And then I don't want to put him down at all! He's gotten so big, but he'll just get bigger. And all the kids and all the pets, and even DH and myself....we'll all never be this young again. Oldest DS is 16....I bet some days my parents think of how little I was at 16 and wish to have it back. He's still little too. 

This is why I'm going to keep having them until we have grankids. Then I'll just migrate from house to house when they're born and volunteer in NICUs during dry spells.

2 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning! It's coffee time. That makes it happy time.

I'm tired because I stayed up too late watching clip of So You Think You Can Dance on YouTube. I wish I could dance. I'm putting it on my life goal list 

Did I tell you I just completed book 53/100?

I do dance cardio! I think I'm on book 18.

• Like 1

Deck Garden Report:

Both Tribute and Ozark Beauty strawberry plants are growing well, but the squirrels eat all the berries.

I had to get rid of a couple of the garlic plants, but the rest seem to be doing OK.

The cilantro grown from seed is pathetic looking, but the basil grown from seed is doing nicely.  Miss Lavender is looking OK, but not flowering.  Mint is growing like crazy.  Parsley, chives, and thyme are doing ok.

The Celebrity, Better Bush, and Bush Goliath are both producing flowers and tomatoes, though the first two tomatoes on the Goliath had blossom end rot.  The Fantasico cherry tomato is very compact, but is producing fruit like crazy.  The Sun Sugar yellow cherry is growing, but just now starting to flower.

Lots of blooms and baby fruits on the Lunchbox Red and Orange sweet peppers.  The Aristocrat bush zucchinis (Zach and Ophelia) are quite small still, but starting to flower.  A bit of white powdery mildew on a couple of leaves - I alternate spraying them with neem spray and copper spray.

Barb keeps dying and sprouting back up.  Ruby is growing like gangbusters.

Lynnette sulked for a good long time, but produced 3 flowers last week.  I am hoping she's on the upswing.

The various summer flowers are starting to bloom. They make me so happy - especially the Shasta Daisies. :smile: 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

Deck Garden Report:

Both Tribute and Ozark Beauty strawberry plants are growing well, but the squirrels eat all the berries.

I had to get rid of a couple of the garlic plants, but the rest seem to be doing OK.

The cilantro grown from seed is pathetic looking, but the basil grown from seed is doing nicely.  Miss Lavender is looking OK, but not flowering.  Mint is growing like crazy.  Parsley, chives, and thyme are doing ok.

The Celebrity, Better Bush, and Bush Goliath are both producing flowers and tomatoes, though the first two tomatoes on the Goliath had blossom end rot.  The Fantasico cherry tomato is very compact, but is producing fruit like crazy.  The Sun Sugar yellow cherry is growing, but just now starting to flower.

Lots of blooms and baby fruits on the Lunchbox Red and Orange sweet peppers.  The Aristocrat bush zucchinis (Zach and Ophelia) are quite small still, but starting to flower.  A bit of white powdery mildew on a couple of leaves - I alternate spraying them with neem spray and copper spray.

Barb keeps dying and sprouting back up.  Ruby is growing like gangbusters.

Lynnette sulked for a good long time, but produced 3 flowers last week.  I am hoping she's on the upswing.

The various summer flowers are starting to bloom. They make me so happy - especially the Shasta Daisies. :smile: 

My friend mixes cayenne pepper with her bird seed to keep the squirrels away. I wonder if a cayenne spray would keep them off the plants/berries? 

• Like 1