Menu

Ignore this thread!

I am tired.

Just got back awhile ago from park and dog park with Dd and Juliet. We met my Japanese friend and her 7 year old daughter and two dogs there. My friend’s daughter has serious hero worship of Dd16 who very graciously played on the playground with her. We then went to the dog park area where Juliet was convinced that all the other dogs would eat her. She looks so resigned for certain death and then a dog licks her and all is right with her world. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

I'm editing my fool head off, that's where I am! Got to get these revisions in before Friday.  23 pages to go.

Well, there you are. You had everyone worried. We were about to send Bruno and the Brute Squad out to fetch you!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Dh and the boys brought home a Costco pizza box with two slices of pizza left which they promptly ate and left me with the empty box. I am angry.  1. We don't have room in our trash can for another huge thing as we need the remaining space for the bag of trash that will generate between now and Tuesday and 2. They left the empty box just on the countertop and wandered off to go entertain themselves.  

I know I'm hormonal, but am I irrational to be so dang irritated by the thoughtlessness? If they were hungry 20 minutes ago....finish off the pizza BEFORE you come home and leave the box in the public trash can, iykwim.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Dh and the boys brought home a Costco pizza box with two slices of pizza left which they promptly ate and left me with the empty box. I am angry.  1. We don't have room in our trash can for another huge thing as we need the remaining space for the bag of trash that will generate between now and Tuesday and 2. They left the empty box just on the countertop and wandered off to go entertain themselves.  

I know I'm hormonal, but am I irrational to be so dang irritated by the thoughtlessness? If they were hungry 20 minutes ago....finish off the pizza BEFORE you come home and leave the box in the public trash can, iykwim.

No. Food left out is really the one thing that gets me mad at my stepkids and I really, really try to let things go.

Things get cluttered. People get hungry. Stuff gets left out. Food spoils. Ants come. JUST CLEAN UP THE FOOD. Water is okay. Clean. Up. The. Food. It is seriously one of two things (the other being wet laundry put in a basket to mold) that I really truly do not think I should have to put up with. I mean, and poop in the toilet but that's more the littlest one.

• Like 2

Good Thursday Morning!  

Coffee!  

First summer swim meet went until nearly 10:00 last night.  Age Group Parenting job requirement done.  There were two of us to herd 18 9-10yr old girls.  Crazy.  You can't (well, *I* can't) line up 18 girls by lane and heat.  We just told them to go find their lane and swim fast.  #agegroupparentfail  #notreally  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have ants. We always have ants. Country life. The boys have learned the hard way about not leaving food out. It will get eaten.

Today, more revision. You may not see me until after dark. I'm so close to done I can taste it.

• Like 3

Good morning!

Has anyone figured out the secret to not quoting your last post in a new post?  Some times the "edit out" thing shows up at the bottom, but if I touch anywhere on my iPad before hitting it, it disappears.

Yay Critter!  Edit those pages!

We get ants when the temp outside reaches the low 90's.  

There is absolutely nothing on the calendar today.  Nobody gotz to go nowhere.  We'll do some music practice and I will work on the basement area and maybe crochet a little.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Hi, all!

Life got kinda monumentally sucky there for a while, but I made some changes. I unilaterally decided to quit the job (not an approach that I generally prefer, but tough bananas.) I then (re?) discovered my power words ("No." "Okay. Bye.")  And, oddly enough, others decided that maybe I had a point. Or two. Or three.? So I have rearranged my time to better reflect my priorities. Go, me. image.png.48dded7414b39af9d686b0a17e4ff2f6.png

In news: DD took her first solo trip. And did fabulously. Me? I picked the wrong week to give up sniffing glue. But I have time to lay in a supply before she leaves at the end of the month on her first cross-country solo trek for the bulk of the summer.?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning!

I am eternally optimistic. It's one of my favorite qualities about myself, but it also often means I don't see the hits coming, believing instead that the best in people will prevail. The tide changed last night, and in retrospect, it went through a very predictable pattern. My kids were thrust right in the middle of it, and I could do nothing to protect them. I was hoping to be able to not have a lawyer, but now I think that was very naive. The priority is getting my kids stable, and a lawyer will make that happen more easily, I think, than trying to negotiate and hold him to terms myself. I think I need that layer of distance.

Today we have lessons and lots of loving on the littles. Right now they're watching Mike the Knight in their pajamas. I may not make them get dressed at all today, if they don't want to.

Bookie-  lots of hugs. I kind of thought that it would happen like this but I hoped that I was wrong. 

• Like 4

I did most of the things. I have to do the rest of the things. And go to the chiropractor. Yay.

I just felt the baby kick. Is that a thing or am I just weird? It happens *a lot* shortly after having them and then spreads out. He's almost 2 so it's not like my uterus is still shrinking.

I'm going to try to trade my coffee in for chia fresca for a while. Have you heard of it? You ferment chia seeds in water and lime. I don't know. We'll see.

Imma go do more things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I didn't get any chocolate, but I did find a new case for my phone in the $1 section.  It was $5, but close enough.  Ds13 needed sandals or something for summer, so I got a pair of flip flops for him.

Now I must go downstairs and work on the basement.  We're having a houseguest all next week and it would be good if he didn't have to maneuver through an obstacle course every time he tried to make it to the guest room.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Slache said:

I did most of the things. I have to do the rest of the things. And go to the chiropractor. Yay.

I just felt the baby kick. Is that a thing or am I just weird? It happens *a lot* shortly after having them and then spreads out. He's almost 2 so it's not like my uterus is still shrinking.

I'm going to try to trade my coffee in for chia fresca for a while. Have you heard of it? You ferment chia seeds in water and lime. I don't know. We'll see.

Imma go do more things.

It's gas.  ?

• Haha 5

I've worked a bit on the basement and walked TSD-OFNK (the surprise drop-off former neighbor kids) across the neighborhood to the house where the girls are playing and met the Alaska Dad (whose son went with ds13 to the skate park) and fancied up a couple jars of blueberry-grape jam to give the 2 new neighbor families.  

Imma spend 10 minutes on my crochet dishcloth and then get back to work.

• Like 3

Started to clip Libby and realized 

a.  I had the wrong guard on the clipper and now she is almost bald in those spots. (I stopped when I realized)  

B. She needed a bath

c. She needed combing because her fur is very dense in spots and the clippers can’t even get through the fur.

Dd washed her.

I combed her.

Then we let her escape. I wish that I could afford a groomer.  

This time I didn't get enough fur to make a chihuahua but I could make one of Susan's petite bunnies.  (But not my monster bunnies who could probably eat Susan's bunnies in a single bite.) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning!

I am eternally optimistic. It's one of my favorite qualities about myself, but it also often means I don't see the hits coming, believing instead that the best in people will prevail. The tide changed last night, and in retrospect, it went through a very predictable pattern. My kids were thrust right in the middle of it, and I could do nothing to protect them. I was hoping to be able to not have a lawyer, but now I think that was very naive. The priority is getting my kids stable, and a lawyer will make that happen more easily, I think, than trying to negotiate and hold him to terms myself. I think I need that layer of distance.

Today we have lessons and lots of loving on the littles. Right now they're watching Mike the Knight in their pajamas. I may not make them get dressed at all today, if they don't want to.

Yes, you need a lawyer.

It's unfortunate but you cannot rely on the other party to be rational, reasonable, and responsible.

If you could count on the best prevailing in your husband you wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

We love Mike the Knight!

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Do a ten k or a half marathon first. 

Why?

44 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

The very first week of marathon training has you running a 5 K race.  If you haven't run before. . .

He knows. He does 3-5 miles in the mornings.