Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!  It's Humph Day!

Have fun at the audit, ikslo!  :blink:

I had a spider dream last night - haven't had one of those in quite a while.  It's the second night in a row that I've woken dh with a bad dream.  

I'm taking the kids to the county pool this morning for a couple of hours.  I'll have to go to Aldi after lunch.

Coffee!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good Morning!  COFFEE!!!!

It's quiet here!  Half the family is gone to see stuff and do stuff the next week or so.  

Best wishes for a boring audit, Ikslo!  (Just be ready with the laser glare of impending death if you need it!)

(((Ellie)))  I have a couple relatives who received glaucoma diagnoses years ago.  As far as I know it has been uneventful for them.  It has been treated and checked on and has gone okay.  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

Happy Wednesday, all. I've been awake since 4 and need to drink more coffee. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, so why are ants walking into my kitchen?

Big meeting tonight. Wish me luck.

Good Luck!!

• Like 1

I was brave enough for 2 phone calls yesterday but I need to do more calls & emails today.

Did you know that homeschoolers are taking over the world? ;) At least locally: https://nccppr.org/homeschool-students-third-largest-district-north-carolina/

Coffee!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I have a conversation with DH this afternoon. Please pray. I'm hoping for some resolutions to be made, though he's likely to get angry and unreasonable instead. I'll let you know.

To be honest, I'm praying we can come to an agreement so we can leave lawyers out of it, but I don't think that will be possible. Still, you never know until you try, right?

Love to each of you with all you're doing today.

Try, but please have a safety plan going in to this, and have your children elsewhere if you can at all manage it. Ideally this would be happening with other (non-related) adults present.

• Like 5

Any tips on dealing with stronger than normal kitty box odor?  I cleaned it out completely the other day and have scooped it regularly since.  It's in the basement where we keep a dehumidifier going and it has been emptied promptly as well.  Dh bought her Iams instead of Purina - for the last month or so - not sure if that's a factor.  Thankfully, other members of the family say they don't notice it, but strong sense of smell is my super power, so I notice it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

First phone call: waited in queue for 45 minutes. Apparently they shut down the entire department for their weekly 1 hr meeting. Finally got my call answered. Told to call back tomorrow.

Second phone call: left message with overflow call person, will have to wait for return call....

I'm kinda striking out here and I'm afraid to make calls 3-6. This may take all am.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

I am back. I got my cut-and-color, so i’m Good to go for another month and a half. I taxied oldest DS around town, coming to a complete halt at every stop sign and remembering to use my blinker. (I locked my wallet in my closet, so I was driving without my license).  Now, I got lemonade and I think I will relax a few minutes before ...... finding something constructive to do.

• Like 4

I stopped by the library to return overdue books and then went to Aldi without boxes (because dd19 used them to move herself back to college, but it turned out OK because they had a whole bin of empty boxes for people to use) and then I went to Publix to get a couple things and a small (on sale!) ice cream treat for myself which turn out to be very weird ice cream.  It was called Vice Cream and had a weirdly rough texture.  Not lumpy rough, but consistently rough all through it.  So strange.  I would not ever buy it again, even though it was probably a fluke and probably the reason it was half price.

• Like 3

I like going on walks with dh but I also hate it because he walks so fast and I refuse to have conversations with his back.  I'm a bit of a princess that way.  :biggrin:

I clearly need to come up with a better method for growing strawberries.  They are producing like gangbusters and the squirrels have gotten all but 3 of them.  :angry:  I may have to put them in a wire mesh cage.  If they come after my tomatoes there will be all out war.  Bazooka! Flamethrower! Laser Glare! Duct Tape!(?)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Ellie said:

We could be this kind of CEO.

I just know too much about product marketing to enjoy this. I swear to dog in the real meeting they probably talked for 60 straight minutes about whether or not it would be possible to get people to buy a gummi subscription.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got third call with best possible job offer. Then got auto-rejected. Please please please let it be a mistake. Gosh, I hope I could get this one. It would change my summer for sure... but it would be like, a solid climb into the sector where you make the most money. I don't want this forever, I just want to support my family until the entire Seattle area finally clears it's head (AMAZON GET YOUR HQ2 ON PLEASE THANKS).

• Like 3