Menu

Ignore this thread!

4 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I was exposed to tons of veggies as a kid (homegrown, home preserved and fresh, mostly, and served daily) and still wouldn't eat any until I was an adult, for the most part.

I limit the veggies, because the more full I am of veggies the less rib eye I have room for. Just sayin'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

i saw my ophthalmologist today. Turns out I have glaucoma. I'm not surprised, but. o_0

Y'all, I do not have anyone here locally I can call and talk to about this. Not one member of my tribe lives close to me. Whinewhinewhine

That is all.

• Sad 6

2 minutes ago, Ellie said:

i saw my ophthalmologist today. Turns out I have glaucoma. I'm not surprised, but. o_0

Y'all, I do not have anyone here locally I can call and talk to about this. Not one member of my tribe lives close to me. Whinewhinewhine

That is all.

I’m sorry, Ellie!!!!

5 hours ago, Ellie said:

That is all.

Oh, I'm so sorry ? can they slow down any degeneration?

Have to edit to say it's a Hugs for Ellie Booyah.

We had chicken and noodles and biscuits for dinner.

There were assorted vegetables that only dh and I ate.

Then I took two of the dc to the store to pick up items for camp.  Flip-flops for the shower, another sleeping bag (somebody grew!), and snacks.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, maize said:

Oh, I'm so sorry ? can they slow down any degeneration?

apparently, yes. The doctor sent me home with some eye drops; I see her again in six weeks so she can check on progress.

On the up side, my distance vision is still quite good, over 10 years after Lasik. I need glasses for close-up/computer (when I had Lasik, they couldn't fix both nearsighted and farsighted, so I went for the best distance vision I could get); so I got a prescription for that and had it filled. New glasses in a few days. Woohoo. :-)

Also, apparently marijuana is a treatment for glaucoma? I might have known that but never really paid attention. A friend reminded me that Austin is a good place to be if you need weed...rofl.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Ellie said:

Really??

Yes, across two marriages. Depends if you have met the IL's family. If so probably met her. if not--someday you will. If anyone can feed a family on under $2/meal/person it is her.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ellie said:

apparently, yes. The doctor sent me home with some eye drops; I see her again in six weeks so she can check on progress.

On the up side, my distance vision is still quite good, over 10 years after Lasik. I need glasses for close-up/computer (when I had Lasik, they couldn't fix both nearsighted and farsighted, so I went for the best distance vision I could get); so I got a prescription for that and had it filled. New glasses in a few days. Woohoo. ?

Also, apparently marijuana is a treatment for glaucoma? I might have known that but never really paid attention. A friend reminded me that Austin is a good place to be if you need weed...rofl.

Well, if it's painful, MJ treats pain. Sorry to hear about the diagnosis. I'm a big fan of legal drugs. Illegal, not so much. So, I hope there is low-cost, legal treatment available to you.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Paige said:

I'm eating veggies for a before bed snack. Corn.

Popcorn.

Y'all....flooded basements smell.  But they don't smell enough to keep me out of the popcorn that the kids saved from the movie theater.

Yay for the comfort of leftover popcorn!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Nice!

This is the translation:

Get up, stand up, let your feelings be known
The time has come to perform the dance
Get up, stand up, let your intentions be known
Swaying ever so sweetly
The message in the dance

Oh! Oh! The boys are very bold
Oh! Oh! The dancers are very bold
Oh! Oh! Watch me now, it’s my turn to show
How is the fishing with you?
How is it?
The fish that I truly long for
How is the fishing with you
How is it

Dance on up, dance just like that
Dancing ever so sweetly to the pate pate (log drum)
Dance on up, dance just like that
Dancing ever so sweetly to the pate pate

And it repeats and repeats. ?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Jean, how are the hip exercises working?  Any improvement yet?

Maybe?  I still wibble wobble when I get up after sitting awhile but I think less than I was. 

I can’t remember if I said here but I was motivated to FINALLY do the hip exercises that one of my docs had prescribed me a year ago after I had two different people ask me last month if I was ok.  And one came  over to take my arm like I was an elderly person who needed stabilizing.  

• Like 2

Off to be audited!  Wish me luck.  This is one has not gone as smoothly as the one two years ago, and my boss flew out for a meeting with his big boss last night right in the middle of it all.  I’m all alone today in this adventure.  Unless they count the one dept. mgr. they have been hammering all week.  He inherited a mess from the previous guy...still, I’d rather be here than where my boss is today.  :-0

• Like 2
  • Sad 2