Menu

Ignore this thread!

On 4/21/2018 at 9:39 PM, Critterfixer said:

Hi, Mary! How is your Dad? Happy birthday to Riv, too!

Hey - sorry! Been crazy around here. 

Dad is doing well. We ended up not admitting him to Timber Ridge. We all agreed that if any of us had any misgivings, then we wouldn't stay. Dad refused, so he came home. There were a lot of reasons, that alone would be fine, but all together, it was a definite no, even though we were told that we were making a huge mistake. 

Mom is researching and doing therapies at home; he is doing speech and PT at the same place he was originally and mom is having him under going NAET by a friend of hers. The improvement he's gone through is amazing. There are still deficits, but we're confident that he will continue to improve. 

Mom ran into a woman who is in the same situation as her - they're 10 months into the journey. She's also a Christian, so she's been a wonderful encouragement and source of information for mom. 

• Like 9

I want to go to bed. However, I have one more scene left with revisions for this current chapter. I'm bound and determined to be at the half-way point of my line-editing stuff by Friday. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it...

Gimme another brownie and a cup of hot tea.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Today I learned that if I listen to music tuned to A432 Hz (which is, of course, "the perfect frequency of nature and history"), it will create a "Sanctification Superhighway" to God!  

It is so wrong on so many levels - where is the roflol guy when you need him?  :laugh:

I am now sure I don’t want to move to TN.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Paige said:

I forgive your DH but you still deserve wine or chocolate or tequila.

Your son will be amazed in college when he sees everyone using planners and gcal! The oppression! At least you have that gratification awaiting you. He will surely forget that you tried to introduce him to the idea 4 years ago.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I wish it was as easy as avoiding a certain state. Someone in our social circle is a certifiable wacko and they also make weird (meaning, horrible) prayer-related comments to people whose children are disabled. :angry:

• Sad 4

I'm fairly certain I woke a sleepwalking John by screaming at him for not paying attention. He had woken up both of his siblings by turning all the lights on and yelling that the audiobook was skipping (it wasn't) and he just kept running up and down the hall yelling so I finally yelled back and he stopped, looked at me, started bawling and said "I'm so sorry! I'm so so sorry!" It was awful. I felt terrible. I hugged him while he cried and I apologized repeatedly. He was so tired he went right back to bed though.

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

Oh!  I just assumed it was your crazy friend!! :lol:  or a crazy neighbor.  Or you had been talking to my family...

:biggrin:  It was an article that dh forwarded to me, but it WAS actually related to my crazy friend.  And then I read this article (based on the rice experiment my friend is trying to get me to do) and nearly choked on my popcorn.   https://www.csicop.org/specialarticles/show/a_grain_of_truth_recreating_dr._emotos_rice_experiment

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

:biggrin:  It was an article that dh forwarded to me, but it WAS actually related to my crazy friend.  And then I read this article (based on the rice experiment my friend is trying to get me to do) and nearly choked on my popcorn.   https://www.csicop.org/specialarticles/show/a_grain_of_truth_recreating_dr._emotos_rice_experiment

That's even stupider than the McDonald's hamburger experiment. Wow. I don't think I could deal with the quotes. But I am pretty sure that our crazy community member would go in for this type of thing. What is up with these people? It's like a combination of secret powers and persecution.

41 minutes ago, Slache said:

I'm fairly certain I woke a sleepwalking John by screaming at him for not paying attention. He had woken up both of his siblings by turning all the lights on and yelling that the audiobook was skipping (it wasn't) and he just kept running up and down the hall yelling so I finally yelled back and he stopped, looked at me, started bawling and said "I'm so sorry! I'm so so sorry!" It was awful. I felt terrible. I hugged him while he cried and I apologized repeatedly. He was so tired he went right back to bed though.

Oh no! He gets it from you doesn't he? Poor guy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Chances are really good that he won’t even remember it in morning. 

• Like 3

Good Rainy Thursday!

We have been promised 6 solid days of sunshine after today.

I am worried about Ruby.  Her one little leaf is looking peaked.  Barb went through this stage though, so I am hoping she recovers.  We forgot to mow the lawn yesterday so it will have to wait until tomorrow or Saturday.  It's a jungle out there!

Coffee!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Tsuga said:

That's even stupider than the McDonald's hamburger experiment. Wow. I don't think I could deal with the quotes. But I am pretty sure that our crazy community member would go in for this type of thing. What is up with these people? It's like a combination of secret powers and persecution.

I was having a major case of GSB (Giggle Supression Bouncing).  I think at the core is the desire to be able to control the physical world with our minds, so yeah, secret powers. :blink:

• Like 6

Dd13 began reading The Fellowship of the Ring yesterday.  She was reluctant to read it because she said she didn't like The Hobbit.  She seems to like the Lord of the Rings better.  She's more than halfway through the first book and I'm guessing she'll be finished the series before Sunday.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Junie said:

Dd13 began reading The Fellowship of the Ring yesterday.  She was reluctant to read it because she said she didn't like The Hobbit.  She seems to like the Lord of the Rings better.  She's more than halfway through the first book and I'm guessing she'll be finished the series before Sunday.

:wub:

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Junie said:

Wow!! I’m impressed!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I was having a major case of GSB (Giggle Supression Bouncing).  I think at the core is the desire to be able to control the physical world with our minds, so yeah, secret powers. :blink:

That article was hilarious!! The Michelle Bachmann thing..,, I just......:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2