Menu

Ignore this thread!

On 4/21/2018 at 4:51 AM, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Today is our day of craziness.  :willy_nilly:  (I know some of you have this every day.)  4 auditions, 3 concerts, 2 rehearsals, and 1 roller skating party.  

Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee. ~D

Who has that every day? I hope you survived.

@AMJ I am sorry. That sounds so incredibly difficult.

@Jean in Newcastle I want to send you flowers.

• Like 2

Good morning!

Did you sleep any better last night, Critter?

I am planning to run a couple errands this morning.  The kids will be tasked with cleaning the laundry area (because most of the mess is their scattered socks and misc. clothes) and the bunny play area, and breaking down boxes.  I didn't sleep much after 3am though I do vaguely remember a dream about a train.

coffee!

• Like 3

I did! I did sleep! I took my medicine, but I also raised the window and let the Chuck-Will's-Widows do the rest. As long as they are up on the mountain and not under my window, their song soothes. I woke up to birdsong before the alarm, and while my dreams were disturbing, they were full of rushing water, boulders in foaming water, tall trees and mountains. Sigh. Didn't want to get up.

• Like 4

I reminded DS about his field trip every day for the past 2 weeks. Sometimes twice. I told DH who was supposed to be DS's ride. We had it on everyone's calendars. 

But everyone forgot until an hour after he was supposed to be there this morning!! :ohmy::rolleyes::wacko::angry::blush::ph34r::sad:

DS is 16 so he should have been able to make sure he got there- I know DDs 13 would not have allowed this to happen. On the other hand, we know how DS 16 is and what we should expect so it's definitely our fault. DH probably thinks it's my fault b/c he doesn't think thinking is his job. 

Poor DS....poor lost money...

• Sad 9

I think we will take the boat out this afternoon. We have limited housekeeping to do today, the schedule is light, I have a chapter to revise (by hand), no one has contacted me wanting extra materials for the contest I entered, and the day looks beautiful.

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Did you sleep any better last night, Critter?

I am planning to run a couple errands this morning.  The kids will be tasked with cleaning the laundry area (because most of the mess is their scattered socks and misc. clothes) and the bunny play area, and breaking down boxes.  I didn't sleep much after 3am though I do vaguely remember a dream about a train.

coffee!

((Susan))  I hope you get better sleep tonight.  And maybe a nice nap today.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I did! I did sleep! I took my medicine, but I also raised the window and let the Chuck-Will's-Widows do the rest. As long as they are up on the mountain and not under my window, their song soothes. I woke up to birdsong before the alarm, and while my dreams were disturbing, they were full of rushing water, boulders in foaming water, tall trees and mountains. Sigh. Didn't want to get up.

((Critter))  I hope you get the lovely scenery and bird song in pleasant dreams tonight.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Paige said:

I reminded DS about his field trip every day for the past 2 weeks. Sometimes twice. I told DH who was supposed to be DS's ride. We had it on everyone's calendars. 

But everyone forgot until an hour after he was supposed to be there this morning!! :ohmy::rolleyes::wacko::angry::blush::ph34r::sad:

DS is 16 so he should have been able to make sure he got there- I know DDs 13 would not have allowed this to happen. On the other hand, we know how DS 16 is and what we should expect so it's definitely our fault. DH probably thinks it's my fault b/c he doesn't think thinking is his job. 

((Paige))  I'd say you did your job.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I think we will take the boat out this afternoon. We have limited housekeeping to do today, the schedule is light, I have a chapter to revise (by hand), no one has contacted me wanting extra materials for the contest I entered, and the day looks beautiful.

Lovely!  After you return, if it isn't too much trouble, would you please either post a scenic picture, post a picture of something you have been painting, or paint the water scene for me with words?  I am vicarying as much as I can lately.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

That sounds absolutely wonderful. I wish we had a boat and could join you!!

• Like 2

I have nearly 2300 steps in this morning and they most definitely are NOT "steps" taken by my vehicle.  I have done a load and a half of laundry (after fetching Dad's laundry upstairs), moved stuff from the cluttered corner of the master bedroom to the spare bedroom, vacuumed the master bedroom and closet, ran back downstairs to bring up the Drona bins that have been waiting to be used, tidied up my yarn stash, searched (unsuccessfully) for the yarn I want to start using again (I think I used it up), tidied up some other stuff up there, came down to get something to eat, put away a bunch of stuff in the kitchen, finally got a bowl of cereal for breakfast, let the cat out, and caught up here on the posts that came in since bedtime last night.  Oh, and I brought down some bins for the girls to use in their cubby shelves down here.

Soon I will go brush my teeth, head to the store to get more of that yarn, take some boxes to the storage unit, and hopefully be back in time to hunt down anything else I need to start crocheting certain easily portable squares again, all before heading out to take the girls to ceramics and music classes.

Imma gonna see just how many steps I can get today.

Oh, yeah -- I have to make a decision about summer music classes, too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

I'm glad you didn't pee the bed.

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning. I was furious at dh for  waking me up in the night. (His bloodsugar was low so he really did have to get up to eat ). But I could not get back to sleep for hours. 

My phone has quit receiving pictures. And all texts from Ignore this Text. I don’t know what has happened to it. 

Oh no!  We overloaded Jean's phone!  ((((Jean))))

26 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning. I was furious at dh for  waking me up in the night. (His bloodsugar was low so he really did have to get up to eat ). But I could not get back to sleep for hours. 

My phone has quit receiving pictures. And all texts from Ignore this Text. I don’t know what has happened to it. 

You need to get a new phone. Today. Right now!! This is an emergency. (Willy-nilly guy)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, AMJ said:

Lovely!  After you return, if it isn't too much trouble, would you please either post a scenic picture, post a picture of something you have been painting, or paint the water scene for me with words?  I am vicarying as much as I can lately.

I wish I could, but I have a lot of trouble posting pictures. But I'll write the scene for you. Right now the sky is cloudy. I was hoping for the sun we had this morning.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paige said:

Wow, what a bummer. :( Does he use Google calendar on his phone? We would probably starve to death if it weren't for that. He needs to learn to use real planning and organizational tools like that before college. Outlook on your phone is free and integrates with multiple family calendars. It's not a crutch, it's a tool that allows people to be much more productive so they can focus on what really matters. I'm happy to walk you through setting it up if need be.

If my phone doesn't buzz, it doesn't exist. In a past age I would have a much more detailed bullet planner and a timer, but this is not a past age...

• Like 2

Woo hoo!  The men are out of the house!  Neither are at their best.  Ds is at the end of his bad cold and still has a cough.  Dh is worse off since he's in the middle of it.  But the silence here is golden.  (Dd is still asleep.)  And neither of the boys have the best cold hygiene and it stresses me out.  I'm better off now that I'm taking my immunotherapy med but they need criers going before them calling out "Warning:  Contagion Vectors!"

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Tsuga said:

Wow, what a bummer. :( Does he use Google calendar on his phone? We would probably starve to death if it weren't for that. He needs to learn to use real planning and organizational tools like that before college. Outlook on your phone is free and integrates with multiple family calendars. It's not a crutch, it's a tool that allows people to be much more productive so they can focus on what really matters. I'm happy to walk you through setting it up if need be.

If my phone doesn't buzz, it doesn't exist. In a past age I would have a much more detailed bullet planner and a timer, but this is not a past age...

He thinks organizational tools are for chumps who let the man keep them down and stifle creativity. His solution is to "try harder."

I'll try to gently suggest he come up with a system again. Google calendars would be good. It's probably good for him to learn I can't be counted on to remember the details of his life and arrange it for him! 

3 minutes ago, Paige said:

He thinks organizational tools are for chumps who let the man keep them down and stifle creativity. His solution is to "try harder."

I'll try to gently suggest he come up with a system again. Google calendars would be good. It's probably good for him to learn I can't be counted on to remember the details of his life and arrange it for him! 

Whereas asking your mom to remind you is not at all stifling or humiliating, lol.

Has he shadowed anyone at work?

At his age he's going to need more than mom telling him because as you know, we don't know anything about how the world really works. Being moms and all.

I'd be more frustrated with my husband though. We're raising adults, not secretaries for little Kings. Grrrr.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Tsuga said:

Whereas asking your mom to remind you is not at all stifling or humiliating, lol.

At his age he's going to need more than mom telling him because as you know, we don't know anything about how the world really works. Being moms and all.

I'd be more frustrated with my husband though. We're raising adults, not secretaries for little Kings. Grrrr.

Preach. We are bumping into the same issues here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tsuga said:

No, he loves me. :wub: I'm with you on this, but for some reason he prefers to rely on me.

No

Obviously. I'm good enough to remind him about things but other than that I'm probably an idiot. :biggrin:

Eh, DH didn't say anything. It's more the "not my circus" vibes I was getting. 

• Haha 1

I am back from my errands.  The kids did a really good job cleaning the laundry/bunny area.  They probably did not empty the trash - I'll have to check on that.

I just finished making a spice infusion for homemade root beer and realized that I used winter savory instead of wintergreen.  :eyeroll:  Maybe no one will notice - I'm still trying to get the recipe adjusted to my liking.  Maybe it needs some savory?  

Imma go make myself some lunch that involves mushrooms.

More. Coffee. Stat.

Blast from the Past Booyah!

And this is the best Booya/h in the whole world because it is a COFFEE Booya/h!! (Imagine, if you will, yours truly planting a flag that says "Booya/h" in big, bold letters and a cup of COFFEE under it! on the Rocky summit of.... The tall craggy mountain in the middle of the ITT Island, where we have our lodge. This lodge is in the middle of a forest with hardwood floors and throw rugs and huge stone fireplaces and wrap around porches with comfy Adirondack chairs. This is what I'm talking about.) (I think my imagination is getting the better of me.)
KrissiK Documentation of the ITT Flag 5/1/2017

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Tsuga said:

I'm a paper calendar dinosaur kind of person, but I still set alarms on my phone if I'm worried I'll forget what time to leave or we're going somewhere that's not part of the usual routine just in case I get caught up in something else and forget.  

• Like 1

Howdy!  

:wub:

(And there are emojis!  Lacking a howdy wave, y'all get lovies instead.  Which are just as applicable, so I will sprinkle them around liberally.)

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Hope all is well for everyone. Hugs to those who need them. I've missed popping in! We are in the home stretch with most of our programs, so it's been a wild ride the past week.   Hopefully next week will be dramatically calmer. 

xo,

Duck

• Like 8