Menu

Ignore this thread!

On 4/14/2018 at 12:57 PM, Junie said:

Clarificiation:

I have been gluten free for about 10 years.  The diet did help my arthritis for about 7 years.  Then it decided to come back with a vengeance.  :(

Oh bummer! I guess I only hear when people are seeing positive changes and I was hoping that was happening for Jean. :(

Bummer booyah, but also wishing good health to all!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

If I want to use Galloping the Globe with ds11 next year, and want to use it for all the subjects it lists, including literature, what would be a good grammar guide to buy, to use with the literature selections, to do grammar lessons?  GTG gives very simplistic instructions in the beginning, to add parts of speech lessons to the literature, but I would love to just use it for all grammar lessons.  Anyone have any ideas?  

What about just picking a sentence from the literature, say 3 or 4 days a week, and diagram it and talk about anything interesting in it.  If you need help diagramming it, try a free site online, or post it here.  Or simplify the sentence first and then do it.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

What about just picking a sentence from the literature, say 3 or 4 days a week, and diagram it and talk about anything interesting in it.  If you need help diagramming it, try a free site online, or post it here.  Or simplify the sentence first and then do it.  

You are on a roll today!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

So, would that work for dd15, also?  Or should I be getting crazy in-depth with her?  I'm just scared I'll miss a big chunk, doing it on my own.

Well, there's obviously a wide range of opinions on how much grammar instruction people need, lol.  What are your goals?  I think it could be enough depending on her prior instruction and how much she understands what she's doing with the diagramming.  You could also touch on grammar through editing her writing.  

• Like 1

Yay, John!  Slachie, thanks for sharing.

(((Angi)))  On top of whatever else I have also noted that people in general (especially in traffic) are a lot squirrellier of late.  I blame it on the weather systems that have been coming through.  That coinciding with other things can make for some really aggravating times.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

It's weird and takes me a while to get that that might be the reason everyone is so annoying.  And I had to get through the first big round of it before I could look back and say I didn't like anyone when menopause started.

Angi, I tell my husband that I don’t suffer fools gladly. And unfortunately I am surrounded by fools!  (Present company  excluded of course. ). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Grd Mrning. I am up, but awake remains to be seen. My elderly cat is feeling better. She slept in the bed most of the day, but she's up and eating this morning, although moving as slowly as I am. I woke up with a back ache, but I walked the dogs and that should warm things up and stretch them out.

I have a week left to edit before another writing contest. I have twenty chapters left to subject to my line edit. I don't think I'll get through it all, but I'm going to give it a good try.

• Like 6

Just got done scanning in all of Dad's tax documents and filing the stuff all away properly.  I still need to do this with his sundry medical stuff, but right now I'm done scanning and filing.  Time to pull the hematologist file in preparation for Dad's appointment this morning.  We (hopefully) find out what is causing his concentrated blood today, and the plan for how to treat it.

Cool temps and a morning sun are cheering me on this morning!

Must remember to put out Dad's deck furniture again, and make sure he has bug repellent for when he wants to sit outside.  The mosquitoes are rather bad of late.

• Like 6

And I mopped the entryway! Baby is up, so I'm done doing things for now. 

The spring cleaning weekend was a bust because nobody wanted to when the weather was so beautiful, but Baby's play area was made safe. My MIL is coming in 2 weeks and I'm going to try to do a little every day to get ready for her. #housetoobig #longtimenoscrub

• Like 8

Have I mentioned the bluebird of foolishness yet? For a few weeks, we have had an incredibly showy male bluebird patrolling around the house. He has attacked every window, either trying to get in or trying to kill the young cat. He spent days chasing the Phoebes from the front porch where their prime nesting sites are. Never mind that bluebirds are cavity nesters, he wasn't going to let that real estate go.

Well, he got a mate. I don't know how, because he's not the brightest bird in the branches, but he did. And he quit attacking the windows. I suspect his mate told him she was picking the house, and he needed to quit knocking his head on the glass because it wasn't helping his brain any.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Angi, I tell my husband that I don’t suffer fools gladly. And unfortunately I am surrounded by fools!  (Present company  excluded of course. ). 

I disagree because I think you are very patient with me when I am wrong and being stubborn. 

• Like 2

To be sung to the Meow Mix song

Stress, stress, stress, stress

Stress, Stress, stress, stress. stress, stress, stress, stress

Stress, stress, STRESS!

I'm not doing as well at the "trust God" thing so God is giving me ample practice in hopes that it will actually catch on. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Which dress for DH's retirement ceremony? Or neither? Are both too young? Don't go stealing them out from under me before I make a decision...Dress 1 seems more springy and light and I don't have any other white dressy outfits. Dress 2 seems like a more forgiving cut if the fit is off, but I have a lot of navy. I have another dress in this brand/size that fits so I think they'll be ok but it's hard to know for sure. 

https://www.thredup.com/product/women-milly-casual-dress/26104199

https://www.thredup.com/product/women-milly-casual-dress/36057709

• Like 4