Menu

Ignore this thread!

My mom got me 3 books from the library (the only time she'd ever set foot in that building) and told me where she kept her tampons. I didn't want to use them so a teacher bought me pads and when she found out she started buying them.

John keeps asking more and more questions so I assume that will happen organically. Mooies will never be a teen so there's no problem there. I don't know about Alex yet.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Junie said:

I am being a good girl and munching on carrot sticks instead of cookies.

Sigh.

Hmph!! I had a bowl of Brownie Mountain Sundae icecream. You are a much better person than I am.

hey, my first Booya in the new regime. It’s a Big Bowl of Icecream Booya/h!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Hmph!! I had a bowl of Brownie Mountain Sundae icecream. You are a much better person than I am.

hey, my first Booya in the new regime. It’s a Big Bowl of Icecream Booya/h!!

That’s my girl

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

We're cleaning out *that* closet. We have about 6 boxes to go to goodwill. Makes Mama happy. We're really downsizing our baby stuff and a lot of the unthoughtful gifts we were given for our wedding we never will use but Matt wouldn't get rid of.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Slache said:

We're cleaning out *that* closet. We have about 6 boxes to go to goodwill. Makes Mama happy. We're really downsizing our baby stuff and a lot of the unthoughtful gifts we were given for our wedding we never will use but Matt wouldn't get rid of.

Kon Mari, Baby!! You go girl!

• Like 3

We had bratwurst with sauerkraut/tomato bake and cornbread muffins and mixed green salad with creamy feta dressing because we were out of blue cheese but I found some feta in the freezer so we went crazy and made salad dressing with it.  Not too bad.  

I think the atmospheric river was captured by the arctic vortex and spun down this way, causing my whole family to go mildly insane and giving me a headache.  Bah.  

We reserved the backcountry campsite at Frozen Head State Park.  My only goal will be to get a picture of me touching the yellow gate at the trailhead.  Because Blakely Marathon.  :D   (I read that the marathon won this year.)

• Like 4

Ok. Everything is at goodwill except for a few things foster mom wants for her new grandbaby which we're dropping off tomorrow. The car is clean and we have travel bags for long trips, emergency baby clothes, diapers and wipes, the carseats are clean and installed and the closet is fabulous. 

Tomorrow: Swing etc. drop off, wedding, Costco, library. 

Sunday: Church, housework, Cirque du Soliel. 

Monday: Matt's off. Probably a good hike and burgers. 

• Like 7

Good Saturday Morning!  Kids got home shortly after midnight.  I fell asleep on the couch while 12yo ds and friend played Mario kart waiting for the final trade back of kids.  COFFEE!!!!

The plan for today - 1) take care of the dogs  2) laundry and more laundry  3) play date for 9yo dd   4) supper????  

• Like 5

Good morning!

My weather app has cancelled the snowflake for this morning.  Just cold and rainy and cloudy.

I'd like to get a batch of sauerkraut started and we are taking a hike at some point today and we'll drive to ds's university tonight to hear him play in a recital.  I may get to talk a bit with the cello professor.  

Coffee!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Good Saturday Morning!  Kids got home shortly after midnight.  I fell asleep on the couch while 12yo ds and friend played Mario kart waiting for the final trade back of kids.  COFFEE!!!!

The plan for today - 1) take care of the dogs  2) laundry and more laundry  3) play date for 9yo dd   4) supper????  

Did they have fun at the formal?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We just started a spring storm.  It's probably Krissi's atmospheric river gone amuck.  Poor Libby.  I have to put her out to do her business now. . . .

No doubt.  All we’re getting right now is a light shower. Initially they were saying 2”. Now.... I think we’ll be lucky if we get .25”.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

It seems to take me soooooooo long to get the sauerkraut done.  I'm finally sitting down for a couple minutes with coffee and everyone else is clammering to get out the door to go hiking.  Sigh.  It's cold outside.

Oh, man, that's a bummer.  Do you want me to encourage you to go hiking or diagnose you as "coming down with something?"  It stopped snowing here and the sun came out, but it's still cold.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I had to have a book. We did read it together, which is more than my mom ever did with me. She just handed me Dobson’s “Preparing for Adolescence” and told me to go read it. No instructions, no discussion afterwords, no “do you have any questions?.”

LOL --- This was my introduction to adolescence, exactly.  Same book even.  

• Like 1

I am having pulled pork for lunch. Leftovers. I'm supposed to make something sweet for dessert tonight. I think I'll make a peach cobbler. It's cold and it sneeted here--combination sleet and snow. There go the peaches for this year.

• Sad 4

Happy Saturday! 

Since there isn't a chocolate reaction, and there aren't any emojis yet, I hereby declare that trophies can also mean "you embody awesomeness."  

They might also come in handy if you need something heavy to throw at an extended family member, the car insurance guy, or people who dare ask what's for dinner.

Meanwhile, I am high on paint fumes. Bathroom walls are done.  Next up is the ceiling in the boys' room (because they are out with dh right now), followed by bathroom trim.  

My First Post-Blackout BOOYAH!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

I miss Whataburger, though I prefer In-N-Out.

We are going through the girls’ wardrobe this morning. Youngest is only going to need summer sandals. We just plugged the gaps in older dd’s wardrobe, so all she needs now is sandals also.

Younger ds, though...that kid is growing like crazy and Oldest did not leave much in good condition to pass down.