Menu

Ignore this thread!

41 minutes ago, Junie said:

Amazingly, the noise didn't make my head hurt.  But, it was very, very loud.

I think the noise didn't bother me because it was mostly low frequencies and because they were expected.

Did you freak out with the head strap? That was the part that kinda made me feel really odd....

I hope this gives you some helpful (& good) answers!

15 minutes ago, lanalouwho said:

I'm hungry. I'm trying to decide which is worse: trying to cook something in my kitchen (which badly needs to be restocked) or trying to get my kids dressed to go get something. 

Maybe I'll just starve.

They don't have to be completely dressed to go through drive through.  Just sayin.  :-)  (Also, no dying allowed!)

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Airplane!  And stop calling me Shirley!  :-D

You are fabulous! A million bonus points!

16 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I suspect that I'll have to cook if we want to eat tonight. I notawanna.

Me neither. But everyone here is always wanting food. And cooked food. It seems they are not finished with one meal before they ask what the next one is going to be.

It's an everyone is always hungry Booya!

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I asked Reader to make dinner, because I'm having an existential crisis wherein I can't seem to remove my rear from the couch. She says she'll make pb and j and carrot sticks and asked me what existential means. 

You can all come over.

Oh, Reader turned 8! She's such a big girl! Any book recs for her age about growing up and puberty? She's asking questions...

I just finished reading to DD12 “The Care and Keeping of You, book 1” which is put out by American Girl. I thought it was really good. Gav the facts of puberty in a very straightforward way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I want a squillion points and a chocolate bar. I will cook because I want to eat, but yes--it is frustrating when someone asks for dinner immediately after lunch is finished. And don't get me started on what happened the other day when the boy wanted popcorn and I was busy.

"Make it yourself. You know how."

"Oh, I'll get some cheese. It's too much trouble."

But not when Mom makes it...

• Like 3

I want to cry. I am so tired. And behind. I’m wearing my ugly pants because laundry is so backed up. And I seriously have no idea what dd has been doing in school for the last month. You know, that school where I am technically listed as “teacher”. I have been trying to shampoo up all puppy pee spots (even after using Nature’s Miracle). And I got home from my second taxi session for ds today to find that the cat had thrown up.  All over.   Big freaking sigh. (And I don’t like saying freaking so you know how upset I am). 

• Sad 7

26 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Jean, I wavered between "Like" and "Sad," but sad won out because I sympathize. Hugs.

Krissi, thank you. I'll see if my library has that. So far, all the books I've previewed give too much informatuon, more than what's she's asking for and more than an 8 yo needs, imo. Maybe I should just keep summarizing, but you know me. Gotta have a book, just in case!

I had to have a book. We did read it together, which is more than my mom ever did with me. She just handed me Dobson’s “Preparing for Adolescence” and told me to go read it. No instructions, no discussion afterwords, no “do you have any questions?.”

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I just pulled some blueberry muffins out of the oven. Come on over!,

On my way!

I named my tomatoe plants Tommy, Red and Sally. 

And I blame Susan because before her, I never named plants. Now...I just feel this compulsion.

I still haven’t decided on a name for the lemon tree.

You're welcome!  :D

4 hours ago, AMJ said:

Snicket?

Ha!  Except things would definitely go badly in the end!  :D

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Nobody is taking this thread seriously. Are you all doing school? My kids are all happily working on their zoo project for science.

We were at the Old Lady Party.  It was one Old Lady's actual birthday today and her daughter and granddaughters were there.  The kids played Happy Birthday, Blackbird, (They Long To Be) Close to You, So Happy Together, Try To Remember (The Days of September), Spring from Vivaldi's Four Seasons (a very simplified version), and Amazing Grace.  Then they ate cake.  :D

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

A cuppa decaf, 2 pieces of chocolate, and then back to the to-do list!  

That's what I forgot - coffee!

3 hours ago, Openhearted said:

Am I in finally?

Yay!  Hi Dawn!  Love your siggy!  :D

3 hours ago, Openhearted said:

What does the trophy emoji mean?

It means whatever you want.

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I thOught it meant “you won a squillion points and a KitKat Bar”

I like this!

(((Jeannie)))

(((Krissi)))

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

And things have gotten worse.  But I don't want to talk about it.  (It's another even greater mess than I came home to so not like a death or a sickness or something.  I didn't want you to worry.)  I'm going to calm myself down and then go take care of it. 

(((Jean)))  and afterwards I hope you have a nice reward.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nobody is taking this thread seriously. Are you all doing school? My kids are all happily working on their zoo project for science.

We had friends over.  It has been a very good afternoon!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, swellmomma said:

Now that my email has blown up with notifications from this thread I decided to pop over to the hive and check with everyone :)  Hey everyone, long time no see :) Love what you have done with the place haha

Hi Brandy!  ❤️

2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Two rejections today. People cleaning out their query boxes before the weekend, I suppose.

McPoopfaces, every one of them.

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I survived the great poopocalypse of 2018. Now I need a bumper sticker to commemorate it. 

And a nice warm bubble bath and chocolates and a soft fluffy robe and slippers.

41 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Sorry, I'm whining.

We don't mind a bit.

• Like 6

I did a little yard work. Pulled some weeds, trimmed back Orville the Oregano (thank you, Susan! You have created a monster), watered Tommy, Red and Sally. They keep claiming we are getting an atmospheric river, but we haven’t even seen a single drip-drop all day long.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I did a little yard work. Pulled some weeds, trimmed back Orville the Oregano (thank you, Susan! You have created a monster), watered Tommy, Red and Sally. They keep claiming we are getting an atmospheric river, but we haven’t even seen a single drip-drop all day long.

Maybe your Atmospheric River got caught up in an Arctic Vortex!

• Like 2