Menu

Ignore this thread!

45 minutes ago, Paige said:

I am back in but having issues still so it's hard to ITT. Is anyone else having problems with this thread specifically? I am having problems getting this thread to load but others seem fine. 

Hi, Paige!

I don't recommend running a line edit check until you have written and rewritten on a macro level a few times. If you do, you might get bogged down in the fog and be discouraged. But early drafts are full of fog, and that's a good thing. Not every character, setting, scene or section of dialog will be smooth, and you don't want it smooth. Areas where trouble shows through are good signs that more needs to come out there before it's ready for closer scrutiny. Patience and a lot of thinking solves those problems better than trying to edit them away.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Junie said:

My brain.  I am hoping that someone can figure out why I have constant headaches.

I hope so, too.  How did it go?  Did the noise make your head ache more?

1 hour ago, AMJ said:

Recipe, bitte?

Lol....this was just a microwave/instant pot thing that my kids can all make.

Tastybites madras lentils, microwaved: http://tastybite.com/products/madras-lentils/

organic broccoli from Costco, microwaved

rice, from the instant pot--probably 2 T of olive oil and 1/2 t. sea salt added to rinsed rice, filled to the appropriate water line in the instant pot

• Thanks 1

So now I have "Benny and the Jets" going through my head because of my neighbors across the street whose name are Lenny and Lynette and I can't think of them without singing the song.  Usually I keep it inside my own head.

#eltonjohnearworm

#yourewelcome

Awesome sauce!  It's a Benny Booyah!

ITT presents: Math'n'Grammarville
*All Rights Reserved*  

Except for those to the tune and original lyrics, which are obviously held by Jimmy Buffet or whatever company it is that owns him, LOL.

Livin' on twaddle,
I was happy to dawdle,
Until Mom told me my work must be done.
Now here it is sunset, 
And she won't let me drop it,
I'll be here all night and I never had fun!

Refrain:
Wasting away again in Math‘n’Grammarville
Hoping that there's a whole hour of art
Some people say that there is knowledge to gain
But I know, of it I want no part

It sure isn't pleasin',
All this logic and reason,
Gettin' shoved down my throat with these dusty old books!
When I could be skatin'
Building forts and be playin'
So I'm giving my teacher these disgusted looks! 

Refrain:
But you can’t force me to take part!

I've stalled and I've grumbled
Dropped my pencil and fumbled
Lost my place and my temper and spilled all the glue,
But Mom isn't buying,
All these tricks that I'm trying,
And I'll just have it all tomorrow to do. 

Refrain:
And so I must play the part  

Wasted away again in overplanningville
Lookin for my lost teacher's manual
Some people claim
That it's the Hive that's to blame
But I know (ba ba bum bum bum)
It's my own dang fault. 

Wasting away again in Math'n'Grammarville
Looking for those lost hours of sleep
Some people say that there's no way it'll work
And I say, bleeep-ity-bleep-bleep-bleep.

• Like 7

Youngest did not go to sleep until 1:30 a.m.  She fell asleep last night just before supper and I was hedging a bet that she would stay down for the night. She did not.  I finally got her back down, caught 4.5 hours of sleep, and then awoke to get older daughter ready for the day.  I wanted to go back to sleep, but I woke up hungry.  So, I cleaned the kitchen, started laundry, cooked 3 dozen eggs for snacks for this weekend, and got everyone else going for the day.

I just realized that I still haven't had breakfast. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

So, i’ve Had a moment of personal growth this week. I must share.

I bought a 6-pack of Celebrity tomatoe plants at the nursery. I don’t have room for 6 plants in my garden. I never do. Last summer my garden was so tight I couldn’t even harvest. But I always plant all 6 tomato plants because my Depression Era Sensibilities forbid me from throwing anything “good and usable”away. But yesterday... I planted 3 tomato plants and just threw the rest away. It was difficult. But I did it. And now, I will not have an overcrowded garden.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Youngest did not go to sleep until 1:30 a.m.  She fell asleep last night just before supper and I was hedging a bet that she would stay down for the night. She did not.  I finally got her back down, caught 4.5 hours of sleep, and then awoke to get older daughter ready for the day.  I wanted to go back to sleep, but I woke up hungry.  So, I cleaned the kitchen, started laundry, cooked 3 dozen eggs for snacks for this weekend, and got everyone else going for the day.

I just realized that I still haven't had breakfast. 

I just pulled some blueberry muffins out of the oven. Come on over!,

• Like 5

I am mad and I'm going to blow off steam and then forget about it and go about my day.  We have installed a gate on the landing to keep Juliet from accessing the downstairs.  Only dh keeps leaving the blankety blank gate open.  So she goes down and eats Libby's food.  And then I have to smell Juliet's "gas from the very gates of hell" off and on for the rest of the day.  Grump! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I named my tomatoe plants Tommy, Red and Sally. 

And I blame Susan because before her, I never named plants. Now...I just feel this compulsion.

I still haven’t decided on a name for the lemon tree.

Snicket?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I am in absolute shock. I was going over my Afsa receipt from Saturday. I bought a set of $15.00 pens. I had no idea they were that expensive. (Insert svengo guy)

I can't take them back because I already opened them up and used them. The are really nice pens. Now I just have to hide them so the kids don't steal them. (Insert sneaky guy)

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

(((Jean and Juliet)))

I'm tired.  Because I drove to town and back.  14yo dd's hair has been beautified.  We meet up with friends in less than 3 hours.  I'll bring friends' younger ds back home to hang out with 12yo ds while older kids go to the formal.  I need to clean the half bath and work on laundry because even an 8th grade boy might notice a bathroom that bad.  :-D

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My weight has plateaued since I saw my doctor a month ago.  I haven't gained weight.  I just haven't lost any more.  And you have proof that I'm still making my step goal.  I need a fat bazooka. 

Sounds like it's the doctor's fault.  <j/k>

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, AMJ said:

I hope so, too.  How did it go?  Did the noise make your head ache more?

Amazingly, the noise didn't make my head hurt.  But, it was very, very loud.

I think the noise didn't bother me because it was mostly low frequencies and because they were expected.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

So now I have "Benny and the Jets" going through my head because of my neighbors across the street whose name are Lenny and Lynette and I can't think of them without singing the song.  Usually I keep it inside my own head.

#eltonjohnearworm

#yourewelcome

Did you hear the new version of that from Pink and Logic?  I heard it on the radio this morning.  It's awesome.

It's on a new tribute album called Revamp: The Songs of Elton John & Bernie Taupin.

There's a second CD, too, called Restoration.

3 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Editing, editing

Cut the words,

Tighten up the prose,

Editing, editing,

Cut the words,

Everything must goes,

Put it on the chopping block,

When you're finished, take new stock,

Chop! Chop!

Chop! Chop!

Tighten up the prose.