Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Just got off the phone with my 93 year old mom.  At the end I noticed that it was 7 pm her time.  "Say hi, to Pat Sajak, Mom."  "Pat Sajak?  You mean it's that time?  Oh!  Bye!  They can't start Wheel of Fortune without me!"  Click. 

My great-grandmother was like that with Lawrence Welk. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Junie said:

Signature fixed.

The only way I can get it smaller is to graduate a couple of kids.

Go Kids, Go!

9 hours ago, Slache said:

I'm sorry I've ruined everyone's morning and/or lives with the book.

We're elephant ninjas - we'll bounce back!

8 hours ago, Slache said:

We have a $50 computer after ours broke and Matt messed it up so I can't see or edit my signature. Is mine a hot mess?

Looks nice to me.

8 hours ago, ikslo said:

I hope your ds13 feels better soon!

and a FAFSA on Mother Nature.

Thank you - he's doing better, just a bit congested now.  It is so. freaking. cold.  I had to cover my deck garden.  IN APRIL!

3 hours ago, maize said:

I made it in.

May not be around a lot.

I'm hoping to be a bit less forum addicted after that break :)

Oh! Booyah!

❤️

50 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I’m going to pretend I had to look him up so that I don’t feel old...

And a-one and a-two...

• Like 4

Captain Mal broke my heart after soccer practice tonight. He refused to go out there and practice with his team, so we were talking about it afterward. 

Him: They kick the ball away from me when I'm trying to kick it.

Me: That's part of the game, sweetie. Get in there and steal it back.

Him: They are better than me.

Me: That's why you need to practice. If you practice, you'll get better too.

Him: It's no use. 

I wish he wasn't so much like me.

• Sad 3

21 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Looks nice to me.

I fixed it. It was big.

14 minutes ago, lanalouwho said:

As far as I know there is only one version unless you're Slache. If you're Slache, you take all the sad parts of the story, and make them out to be 10x worse.

Yes.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Juliet is part monkey and part mountain goat.  And she's now in a lot of trouble after she just pee'd on my leather couch. . Sigh. 

(((Jean)))

Down, Jaws.  Take a break for a little while.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, lanalouwho said:

Captain Mal broke my heart after soccer practice tonight. He refused to go out there and practice with his team, so we were talking about it afterward. 

Him: They kick the ball away from me when I'm trying to kick it.

Me: That's part of the game, sweetie. Get in there and steal it back.

Him: They are better than me.

Me: That's why you need to practice. If you practice, you'll get better too.

Him: It's no use. 

I wish he wasn't so much like me.

So, in your gut do you feel like he just needs to stick with it or find something he likes better?  There's nothing wrong with discovering the pointlessness of a game, imho.  I played basketball in elementary school.  Everything happened so fast, it felt like I didn't know what to do quickly enough.  In jr. high I thought about trying out for the team and chickened out.  I have no regrets, lol.  

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

So, in your gut do you feel like he just needs to stick with it or find something he likes better?  There's nothing wrong with discovering the pointlessness of a game, imho.  I played basketball in elementary school.  Everything happened so fast, it felt like I didn't know what to do quickly enough.  In jr. high I thought about trying out for the team and chickened out.  I have no regrets, lol.  

I feel like he needs to give it more of a chance. He was really excited to play. At the first practice, the very first time he ever played, he wasn't that great. At every practice since then, he's been off in his little Malcolm world, oblivious to anything Coach says or does. 

If he gives it a real chance and genuinely does not like the game, that's perfectly fine. But he can't decide that "everyone is better" and "its no use" if he has spent less than an hour actually trying. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, maize said:

I made it in.

May not be around a lot.

I'm hoping to be a bit less forum addicted after that break :)

Oh! Booyah!

Sorry, but that is not permitted. The “not becoming less forum addicted” clause is right after the “No Dying” clause. Rules is rules Babe!!

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Community meeting tonight. 
Somehow I got volunteered for a committee .  

Booyah

Tonight it’s a committee. Tomorrow.... The White House!!

Jeannie for President. Vote ITT!! The only Party ?that makes sense.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

*Looking around* It's too "new" and shiny!  I'll get used to it eventually. 

Ladies (and gent...wasn't there a gent?)...

A little over a week ago, I got my Ancestry DNA results back.  Immediately connected with a Great Uncle match from my mother's side.  He is my grandmother's brother.  And he truly is Great. Love him to bits. 

I took the test to see if I could find my unknown biological father.  And by unknown, he doesn't know he has a 38 yr old daughter and four grandchildren. I had a few cousin matches that I felt must be from his side, as they are Italian (surprise! I thought I was Irish...maybe even a Kennedy...too bad, I'm only 3% Irish).  

Last night, one of them responded to my message request and I'm so close to figuring out this mystery that has been a huge part of my life!  

So needless to say, I'm so excited!

In the meantime, my VERY Portuguese husband, who is Azorean for several generations back and immigrated here as a 3 yr old...he got his results back yesterday too.  Sonofagun is 18% Irish/Scottish/Wales plus another 6% British!  He's not even a redhead but he's more Irish than me?  (I'm a redhead).  

WHAT?!  I had a grand old time giving him a hard time yesterday.  He's not even 50% "Portuguese". He's way more of a mix than I am.  

Those tests are so interesting!  I totally recommend them! 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, sweetpea3829 said:

A little over a week ago, I got my Ancestry DNA results back.  Immediately connected with a Great Uncle match from my mother's side.  He is my grandmother's brother.  And he truly is Great. Love him to bits. 

I took the test to see if I could find my unknown biological father.  And by unknown, he doesn't know he has a 38 yr old daughter and four grandchildren. I had a few cousin matches that I felt must be from his side, as they are Italian (surprise! I thought I was Irish...maybe even a Kennedy...too bad, I'm only 3% Irish).  

Last night, one of them responded to my message request and I'm so close to figuring out this mystery that has been a huge part of my life!  

In the meantime, my VERY Portuguese husband, who is Azorean for several generations back and immigrated here as a 3 yr old...he got his results back yesterday too.  Sonofagun is 18% Irish/Scottish/Wales plus another 6% British!  He's not even a redhead but he's more Irish than me?  (I'm a redhead).  

WHAT?!  I had a grand old time giving him a hard time yesterday.  He's not even 50% "Portuguese". He's way more of a mix than I am.  

So cool - I'd love to do this some day!

1 hour ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning, lovelies! Woke up to no heat and snow outside, so I'll be calling my landlord and doing none of the things I had planned, so I can be here when he has time to show up today. In the meantime, the electric heater is taking the chill off the den, so we'll be wrapped in blankets and doing lessons, stories, and Lego building in there. Maybe we'll make cookies again. And breadsticks. And other bake-able things.

I made a planner! No one planner ever quite fits, so I found pages online that I liked, cobbled together a workable format, and printed my own. I have it in a 3 ring binder, but if I really like it after a few months, I'll go get it spiral bound at Staples.

I also realized I really do like planning as much as (more than?) executing the plans. ?

What are your plans today?

Sorry about the cold and no heat!  :fainting guy:  Yay for Custom Planners!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sweetpea3829 said:

You should both upload your data to MyHeritage, GEDMATCH, and FTDNA.

That will give you some alternative admixture interpretations (for where your ancestors came from) as each service calculates this differently and none is entirely accurate. In addition it will connect you with more matches and comparison tools.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Sorry, but that is not permitted. The “not becoming less forum addicted” clause is right after the “No Dying” clause. Rules is rules Babe!!

It's okay if she wants to be less addicted to the rest of the forums.  She just can't leave US.

#HotelITT  *cheesy grin*

• Like 9

2 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning, lovelies! Woke up to no heat and snow outside, so I'll be calling my landlord and doing none of the things I had planned, so I can be here when he has time to show up today. In the meantime, the electric heater is taking the chill off the den, so we'll be wrapped in blankets and doing lessons, stories, and Lego building in there. Maybe we'll make cookies again. And breadsticks. And other bake-able things.

I made a planner! No one planner ever quite fits, so I found pages online that I liked, cobbled together a workable format, and printed my own. I have it in a 3 ring binder, but if I really like it after a few months, I'll go get it spiral bound at Staples.

I also realized I really do like planning as much as (more than?) executing the plans. ?

What are your plans today?

Sorry about the cold!  I hope your landlord can get there quickly and fix the problem with no hassles.

Would you care to share what you found works for you planner-wise?

Today is a Dad day for me.  I take him to a bank today to set up local bank accounts.  After we get those set up I can start the process to transfer his direct deposits from his Colorado bank accounts down to here.  I might get to yoga tonight.

• Like 2