Menu

Ignore this thread!

I think what I've discovered, on my own path, is this:

1. Some doctors don't care what your symptoms are, they only look at test results.  This may not be true of your doctors now, but think about the long term.

2. Some issues have genetic predispositions that affect your children. If you have celiac disease, I'd think you'd for sure want all of your children tested....and for them to be aware to have their children tested.

I agree on both counts. As someone who has been exhausted since she was 21 and describes herself as old for her age I am curious to know if I have it. I have had less energy and more pain than most 60 year olds since my early 20s. I've been told by doctors that if I don't have diarrhea, stomach pain etc. that I don't have celiac and I've only recently learned that that isn't true, mostly due to Jean.

FWIW, Slache, I think I'd want to have some basic blood work (including inflammation markers) run as well if you have a doctor who is game and insurance that will pay for it.

She seems cool, they will and I have a list. Thanks. My mom has Hashimotos, no thyroid and my dad has type 2 diabetes so I want that and all the basics.

Bloody Booya.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 2

Tell them as much.

:D I did. I told them that if they exceed the complaining threshold today, they will do my housekeeping along with their own.

ETA: At that point, they decided silence probably was golden.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 4

The people praying for him wondered how he was doing. I gave them the last update. They said to tell you if there is anything specific you would like them to address with prayer, to let them know.  :001_smile:

Glad to hear he is doing so well!

Awww, thank you. :D I'm gonna PM you. :) 

• Like 3

:D I did. I told them that if they exceed the complaining threshold today, they will do my housekeeping along with their own.

ETA: At that point, they decided silence probably was golden.

Yes, my boys got to do some cleaning yesterday.  

I also told them that I was planning on renovating the landscaping here, and I might order a ton of soil and lava rocks for them to haul if they didn't shape up.

SaveSave

• Like 3

Oh, so Dad ripped out his trach again. So, he's back in his "boxing gloves". Now, he's hollering "I don't want to be in this place! See that boy? He is MEAN!" (Mom says the poor CNA is one of the nicest, and that this is expected, but still!) He also just told my mom, "Darling dear, I need to go to work. I just want to work." 
I think he's incredibly bored and can't make the connection that he CANT work right now.

FUN TIMES, y'all! FUN TIMES. 

Also, I forget to post here sometimes, but my mom always tags me in her daily updates on FB. If you want to keep up that way, just PM me and I'll send you a link to my FB so you can add me. :D Just don't be creepers and stalk me. That could make things awkard on the ITT board!

Edited by Southern Ivy
  • Like 8

Yes, my boys got to do some cleaning yesterday.  

I also told them that I was planning on renovating the landscaping here, and I might order a ton of soil and lava rocks for them to haul if they didn't shape up.

SaveSave

Hmm...let's see. There's a garden to rake, and soil to dig...

I am trying to be gracious. I have my own hormonal reasons to be easily nettled at present, and I'm trying not to be overbearing, but there is work to be done. :laugh:

• Like 1

Ok. Bonzo (aka Juliet when she’s at her squirreliest) had the house in an uproar and I desperately needed to get my shower. She hates being in the bathroom with me while I shower even though I bring in toys and chewies. And I can’t trust her to be unsupervised. So I put her out on the deck for twenty minutes. She is now clinging to me like I had abandoned her. I suppose that I could have crated her but she was due a potty break...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I guess it’s not really the labels. It’s that he tends to deal with stress by micromanaging us while simultaneously getting lax about the stuff that bothers me (not clearing his dishes from the table, stacking trash with the dishes).

Ah, well, why didn't you say so?  ENB is enroute to do some 'splainin' !!!   :smash:

• Like 4

Ok. Bonzo (aka Juliet when she’s at her squirreliest) had the house in an uproar and I desperately needed to get my shower. She hates being in the bathroom with me while I shower even though I bring in toys and chewies. And I can’t trust her to be unsupervised. So I put her out on the deck for twenty minutes. She is now clinging to me like I had abandoned her. I suppose that I could have crated her but she was due a potty break...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Start putting her out there with a puzzle toy while you go inside for a few minutes and then come back out. Gradually increase the length of time. That should help her not to feel like she's being abandoned when she has to go out on her own for a little bit.

• Like 3

FWIW, Spud, my oldest DS has anxiety and has some OCDish tendencies. I know it is waaaaay different when you have a spouse you are dealing with and not a child, but I get it, somewhat. I have to keep telling myself, it’s about him and not how he feels about me. I am learning not to take things personally, but it is hard.

• Like 2

Coffee #3!!!!  ( :leaving: )

We have not drowned yet.  Though I went out for some errands this morning and almost drove into the sea (not my fault...it had moved.) Treacherous!

Tonight is pizza, and I finally snagged a copy of Wonder.   :thumbup:    Just hoping we have electricity.

Happy Friday!

• Like 9

Of all the free things I have ever gotten in my life, free 15 minute consults have got to be the most valuable. Add up six consults and you end up with like an hour and a half of good chatting before spending an hour on professional services!

• Like 6

Of all the free things I have ever gotten in my life, free 15 minute consults have got to be the most valuable. Add up six consults and you end up with like an hour and a half of good chatting before spending an hour on professional services!

That's us!  Chat for 15 minutes.  Anytime!  And it's free!  

Oh, wait, did you say professional?   :leaving:

• Like 9

Professional Procrastinator might not be what she's looking for.

First of all, you don't know what she's looking for, okay. So don't make assumptions. And second I happen to be a professional of whatever anyone wants to pay me for. Especially if it involves nothing. I'm very good at that.

• Like 7

I'm eating a flourless chocolate peanut butter cake just like my Paleolithic ancestors did.

:drool5: Post the link/recipe, or you might be a terrible human being your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandma would be ashamed of. 

• Like 11

:drool5: Post the link/recipe, or you might be a terrible human being your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandma would be ashamed of.

I add chocolate chips.

https://kirbiecravings.com/2016/04/4-ingredient-flourless-chocolate-peanut-butter-mug-cake.html

• Like 5

Better. I think 4 hours in a building with no heat and it being like 35 outside really did me in. Normally I do my job really quickly and get out but I'm training this chick who lied about her abilities and it's taking her 4 hours to do 20 minutes worth of work. I still have so much to do! I can do the rest from home but this woman will never be trained!

Eta: COFFEE! BIBLE! SO MANY NAPS!

Leave her a list and go home.

• Like 4

Leave her a list and go home.

She can't turn a computer on or type and doesn't know what a jump drive is. I can't ask her work with publisher and power point and expect things to actually get done.

Why in the world is there no heat in the building? I would think that would be bad for the plumbing.

Because it's 9,000 years old. Technically there's a heater but it doesn't affect the offices so they don't turn it on. My boss is kind but the building is old and he only expected me to be there an hour.

It also sounds like a snack I would totally eat.

Booy-I’m hungry!

I can't tell if I'm okay with this or not.
  • Like 1