Menu

Ignore this thread!

Art ran late. I have cancelled math for the day. We still have to get writing done and history/science. But after that I want to be done. It's too pretty here today to be cooped up doing school.

It is rather nice here, too.  Dad was more tired than usual, so I kept my visit today short.  He can sit on his deck or take a nap.  I get to check to see if the cushions on my canopy swing have dried out yet.

Tomorrow, though, should be very nice.  Just in time for my day off, compliments of my ILs.   :001_wub:  :001_wub:

And the credit union straightened out whatever glitch was occurring and our funds moved as they should.  Everyone and everything is now being paid on schedule.  Whew!   :hurray:  :hurray:

DH says that the CU is supposedly moving to a new website on Monday.  I suspect eager IT beaver jumped the gun just a little on certain changes in preparation for the move.  Said beaver has now put that log back for the time being.

• Like 3

The funny part is if he would choose Wednesday instead, it wouldn't mess with my schedule at all. Or if he would tell me sooner so I could spread the work out between Wednesday and Friday, that would be fine. But no.

I even told him last night that we needed to do school today, and he said,"I'll be outside most of the day. I won't bother you." And he has been. The only times he's come in is right in the middle of each lesson so he can interrupt.

*facepalm*

Any chance you can lock the deadbolt and only let him in between lessons?

• Like 1

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Was this an already agreed-upon time and date?  Or did they just come when they were ready themselves?

Good quote, or more than you are comfortable with at this time?

Did Juliet growl menacingly and let them know she's there to guard the place?  Or did Neko do that?

It was on my calendar but I hadn't flipped the calendar to the new month yet.  The thing is, I knew up front that it would be too high for us to afford.  Dh had told me to cancel it but I forgot.  Or thought that when they called to confirm, I would tell them then that we wanted to cancel.  Oh well.

Juliet bounded to the door enthusiastically to greet our new friend.  Fortunately I still had her leashed from the cat training so I could protect the lady from too enthusiastic puppy greetings. 

Neko was hiding already from the dog. 

• Like 3

My one and only niece was born in January.  I have not met her yet.

Weather and colds and work schedules have prevented the trip until now.

I was planning to take the girls to Pennsylvania tomorrow so that we could meet her this weekend.

My mom just emailed me and said to check the weather.

:glare:

They are calling for very high winds all day tomorrow, which would make travel dangerous.

:thumbdown:

I think we're going to end up cancelling the trip.

:thumbdown:

Unless we leave in the next hour.

:svengo:

I think we're going to end up cancelling the trip.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 5

I have a horrible tension headache. The snappers have been extra snappy and that didn't help. They have been sent outside to exercise the chickens.

ETA: It's a Teenage Grumpy Turtles Booyah!

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 7

As long as you had pantz, Jean, you’re good.

Now I want tacos, especially for $8.

Lana—have you talked about it with do? I found that I had to train dh on the matter. I need either advance notice or he can’t interrupt our day until after noon.

I have not talked to him, except last night when I explained that we really needed to work today because of previous interruptions. Honestly, I'm pretty relaxed about our school work. I mean, it's only 1st grade and we can always catch up later. But this whole school year has been one interruption after another, so it needs to be a priority, kwim?

Anyway, we ended up getting mostly everything done today. I will speak with DH tonight about advance planning in the future.

• Like 4

I have not talked to him, except last night when I explained that we really needed to work today because of previous interruptions. Honestly, I'm pretty relaxed about our school work. I mean, it's only 1st grade and we can always catch up later. But this whole school year has been one interruption after another, so it needs to be a priority, kwim?

Anyway, we ended up getting mostly everything done today. I will speak with DH tonight about advance planning in the future.

I have found that teaching mine how to teach and assigning him curriculum when he's home means he's home less often.

Ds is asking me 3very ten seconds if quiet time is over.

Can you set up an alarm?

• Like 2

Kids had annual checkups today. The nurse of course noticed my eyes, and said that the doctor should be able to help (I was strongly contemplating going anyway, but I figured that before spending money, I might as well see what the ped said, lol), so, I got my eyes taken care of, yep, conjunctivitis, and got meds. Also went to the library. Now home again, and exhausted. The kids are doing well, both are staying neatly on their lines on the growth chart (5th and 50th percentiles), and Broccoli is now over 4ft tall as well. And Celery got a tetanus shot because apparently NYS requires that before entering 6th grade (I thought the next round of shots was at 11yo, with meningitis or something, but apparently I was wrong. Well, I was right about him needing that when he's 11, so, another shot next year). 

• Like 9

Juliet met the boxer puppy from across the street.  Such happiness!  And yips!  And play bows!  And a bold/shy puppy who alternated between rushing towards her new friend and hiding behind dd's legs.  Now she's exhausted and is sleeping in a sun patch with Neko sitting one foot away because he can tell that the puppy isn't going anywhere. 

• Like 8

I have a horrible tension headache. The snappers have been extra snappy and that didn't help. They have been sent outside to exercise the chickens.

ETA: It's a Teenage Grumpy Turtles Booyah!

((Critter))ðŸ”ðŸ”ðŸ¢ðŸ¢ðŸ¢ðŸ¢ðŸ¢
  • Like 2

Juliet met the boxer puppy from across the street. Such happiness! And yips! And play bows! And a bold/shy puppy who alternated between rushing towards her new friend and hiding behind dd's legs. Now she's exhausted and is sleeping in a sun patch with Neko sitting one foot away because he can tell that the puppy isn't going anywhere.

So, she needs another puppy to help wear her out! 😂

• Like 5

Oh my goodness.  A neighbor and her ADHD son (who dd babysits) came over to see Juliet.  This boy was starting to come into the house (which I don't mind in theory but his mom obviously did not want him to come in), climbing our tree (much to his mother's dismay), flying here . . . flying there. . . .  Mom doesn't seem to have a lot of control so I had to use all my tricks to keep him from killing himself. 

• Like 6

Not unless I duct tape his mouth closed and duct tape him to the wall. He won’t stay in his room alone or with sisters, so now quiet time is his sisters get to have quiet time while I sit on the couch with him and watch mighty machines and pray that he gets droopy enough to fall asleep. That happens once or twice a week. But today he was being a real pill, talking constantly, flopping around, kicking me. I’m really tired of being a punching bag.

Bribery worked at my house. Just sayin'. A timer and a box of matchbox cars and fruit roll-ups made my 2012 and 2013 a lot saner.

• Like 2