Menu

Ignore this thread!

I argued with ds17 for 20 minutes this afternoon about a ... pen. He had a pen that I claimed was mine; he said that he "found it somewhere". And so I argued with him about it.

When am I ever going to learn to just keep my mouth shut and let things go. Sigh.

September 2029.

• Like 4

Just got back from the doc - who looked at it and said "this is above my pay grade.  Here's a referral to an ENT."  Then we talked about his 13 year old daughter and how he would strangle her if he had to homeschool her. 

:huh:  :huh:  :huh:

Sometimes, I guess one can just be glad to move on.  My goodness, how unhelpful.

• Like 1

Captain Spuds sweats profusely, “must...snark....â€

“ I don know how much more she cannae take!â€

“may I remind you, Captain, the use of snark in an internet argument is highly unlikely to have the desired effect. To use it would be deeply illogical.â€

“Dammit, Spock, can’t you see she’s only human?! People on the internet are WRONG! It’s more than a red blooded Potato can bear!â€

Captain Spuds thrashes around and throws herself overdramatically against furniture. “Muuuuuuuust.....snaaaaark....â€

Spock suggests chocolate.

Helps me.

• Like 2

I'm having a really hard time getting into it. Right now I've got to get up the courage to make it through the prologue. I can't figure out why the city has been destroyed or if the bad guy is the one in the destroyed city or the one who comes to get the guy out of the destroyed city.

It doesn't help that I really, really don't like prologues. But it's a fantasy classic, and I'm determined to make it through. If I can read War and Peace in four weeks, I can read Eye of the World.

If it helps, I didn't like or understand the prologue either. I wouldn't have started the book the same way.  

Honestly, there's some debate as to whether the series should start with the prequel or with Eye of the World.  I have been putting ds through the series, and we discussed it at length. He started with Eye of the World.  

The prologue is relevant, but you won't understand why for a bit. Pretty soon you'll be reading about the village of Two Rivers, a stranger coming to town, and a young man off for a bit of adventure and self-discovery. 

• Like 1

:huh:  :huh:  :huh:

Sometimes, I guess one can just be glad to move on.  My goodness, how unhelpful.

I actually blame the nurse.  She's the one who told me to bring dd in.  If she had suggested that I take her to an ENT, I would have.  But telling me that might have been above her pay grade. 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 6

It’s Lent. Your argument is invalid.

Ds keeps assuring me that it must be Easter bc Lent has already lasted forever. ;)

I could see Uhura keeping a chocolate stash under her console for when Kirk is freaking out. Mmhmmm, let me know when y’all are done.

The other option, Spock says, is to go run a mile and see how you feel after that. :D

• Like 2

Why do my buckwheat biscuit/bread thingies taste metallic? Is it the baking powder that expires next month or the buckwheat flour that says "best by 7/2017?" Or is it the recipe? I only used the buckwheat because I got it long ago when the GF neighbor kid was staying here and we thought it was gross but I wanted to use it up. 

• Like 1

Captain Spuds sweats profusely, “must...snark....â€

“ I don know how much more she cannae take!â€

“may I remind you, Captain, the use of snark in an internet argument is highly unlikely to have the desired effect. To use it would be deeply illogical.â€

“Dammit, Spock, can’t you see she’s only human?! People on the internet are WRONG! It’s more than a red blooded Potato can bear!â€

Captain Spuds thrashes around and throws herself overdramatically against furniture. “Muuuuuuuust.....snaaaaark....â€

💞

Why do my buckwheat biscuit/bread thingies taste metallic? Is it the baking powder that expires next month or the buckwheat flour that says "best by 7/2017?" Or is it the recipe? I only used the buckwheat because I got it long ago when the GF neighbor kid was staying here and we thought it was gross but I wanted to use it up. 

Me thinks it's the baking powder.  Usually it happens when a bit isn't mixed in properly.

Indeed, CF.

Perhaps their chicken can be made lovely in a sandwich?  The helicopter should be there in ten minutes.  I will be an adoring audience.  :lol:

I've finished a liter of diet Pepsi and I'm finally feeling a bit human.

I expect they will cover it in ketchup or BBQ sauce until it is unrecognizable, the Philistines. 

I put on a blue sweater that I haven't worn for a couple of years today.  I had gotten a bit too fluffy, but I've dropped about 20# in the last six months, so I pulled it out of my closet and put it on.  I spilled toothpaste down my front this am, and bleached out the sweater, even though I wiped it off right away.   It's itchy anyway, so I'm a tiny bit relieved. I think I may cut it up and turn it into a snuggle pillow for Youngest.

• Like 3

First college visit done.ðŸ‘

And can I just say how relieved I am? This school is a safety, and would be likely to give substantial merit aid. As a fallback position, it would still be a great option. For the first time it is sinking in that the whole homeschool thing really is working and I haven't destroyed my child's future. Whew!

• Like 12

Is it dirt, or is it weathering on the floor? They look similar.

SaveSave

Pretty sure that it's dirt.

We have a bench in the foyer for the kids to dump their stuff on.  The floor under the bench is still quite nice.

Plus, the house is only about 12 years old.  (We've been here for almost 8.)

I just finished my price list for the grocery stores available to me.  There were some wild price disparities. Notably: Almond flour/ per pound ranges from $3.52/lb to 15.79/lb. depending on where I would shop.  Similar swings (by %) were on more than a few items.  I'm glad I made my spreadsheet early into living here, especially given how much food we go through.

• Like 2

I argued with ds17 for 20 minutes this afternoon about a ... pen. He had a pen that I claimed was mine; he said that he "found it somewhere". And so I argued with him about it.

When am I ever going to learn to just keep my mouth shut and let things go. Sigh.

Yeah, I agree. You should have waited for him to go to bed and then repossessed it. (Repossessed looks weird.) when he complains, say, “I found it somewhere.â€

Fair play.

• Like 7

I found my reasonable dream house. Unfortunately, it’s only been on the market two days and will undoubtedly sell before I get my raise and we can move. So, poop, I’m sad. Because it has everything on my wish list and is only 10 min. from the office down there. Even DH liked it. He’s picky.

So I went into my boss and said I found a house, where’s my raise. And he said let’s talk salary range. :LOL:

Did I ever tell you how much I like my boss? He thought my number was too low. I said, oh, that’s just my absolute minimum. And he said yeah, we’re going to ask for more. :wub:

• Like 10