Menu

Ignore this thread!

Why is it so difficult for adults to speak to children? I took the boys for haircuts and the barber kept asking me questions. So I would direct the question at the kid and let him answer. Over and over again. You would think he would've started asking them directly, but no. It's so strange.

• Like 3

My FIL (with the foot womb) just wrote in his weekly email that he tried to drive the other day and ran into another vehicle because he lost control of his leg. I don't know why he thinks he should be driving when he can only walk heavily assisted. :svengo: Thank the Lord he made it down the mountain alive.

YIKES!

SaveSave

• Like 2

Susan, :svengo:

Prairie, :grouphug:

Why is it so difficult for adults to speak to children? I took the boys for haircuts and the barber kept asking me questions. So I would direct the question at the kid and let him answer. Over and over again. You would think he would've started asking them directly, but no. It's so strange.

You're not supposed to speak to other people's children. I don't know who decided that, but after a few snaps from overprotective mothers I'm a little gun shy.
  • Like 1

My FIL (with the foot womb) just wrote in his weekly email that he tried to drive the other day and ran into another vehicle because he lost control of his leg. I don't know why he thinks he should be driving when he can only walk heavily assisted. :svengo: Thank the Lord he made it down the mountain alive.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Glad he is okay.  No one was hurt, right?  I do hope no one was hurt.

Maybe with his car in the shop he will not be driving for a bit.

I’ve got trouble....

Right here in River City...

And that starts with “T†and that rhymes with “Bâ€

Which stands for...... brownies!!!! 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩

And i’d Been doing so good with no sugar this week. But I had to make brownies for DS’s Scout thing yesterday, so i’m Putting the rest of them away today and got into huge trouble.

• Like 5

Probably comes from years of phone calls from irate moms, “what???? You asked him what he wanted and ..... you gave it to him??†as she stares at her child sporting a mullet.
  • Like 2

Probably comes from years of phone calls from irate moms, “what???? You asked him what he wanted and ..... you gave it to him??†as she stares at her child sporting a mullet.

I sort of get that. Last time we went, Weapon X asked for 'Wolverine hair' (with the side spikes). I was cool with it, but I completely understood when the stylist checked with me first.

Today, Captain Mal wanted a very normal spiky little boy cut, and Weapon X opted for an extremely modest side part.

I think irate and overprotective mothers probably have a lot to do with it. But how are my children supposed to learn that their voice matters if no one will speak to them?

On the other hand, I guess it is still a life lesson. After all, if you want people to listen, a lot of times you have to make them hear you.

• Like 7

I sort of get that. Last time we went, Weapon X asked for 'Wolverine hair' (with the side spikes). I was cool with it, but I completely understood when the stylist checked with me first.

Today, Captain Mal wanted a very normal spiky little boy cut, and Weapon X opted for an extremely modest side part.

I think irate and overprotective mothers probably have a lot to do with it. But how are my children supposed to learn that their voice matters if no one will speak to them?

On the other hand, I guess it is still a life lesson. After all, if you want people to listen, a lot of times you have to make them hear you.

Malcolm Gladwell talks about that idea in "Outliers". 

• Like 2

I just say, “Ask him.†And refuse to answer.

ETA: DS then waits for them to ask him directly. :Lol:

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 6

We have to get haircuts next week, and I have to get colored again. My possum is showing. My stylist always talks to my kids. I typically go sit out front in foils and they go get trimmed. Last year Turtle 1 brought her a pumpkin he grew in the garden as a present.

• Like 2

Ds17 hated when the hair stylists would talk to him -- so much so that he asked me to please learn to cut his hair myself.

I don't think he minded questions related to the haircut, but the useless chatter irritated him.

I think my boys kind of like it. They don't get a lot of useless chatter out of me. More like: "Have you finished your Latin?" and "Did you get the eggs from the chicken house?" and "Did you fold your clothes?" and "Can you take the dogs out for a walk?"

:D

• Like 5

We had scrambled eggs, new potatoes and peas for dinner. Tomorrow I'm going to make stuffed tomatoes. (I don't care for peppers.) I suppose I ought to look up a recipe.

I may have had a little leftover Valentine's Day candy for dessert. Come to think of it, it's almost time to buy Easter candy.

I cut DS and DH's hair out on the back porch if the weather's decent. They both always get buzz cuts anyway. #lowmaintenance

Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 4

We all sat down to watch a movie together. Captain Mal announced, "I'm not even tired." He then proceeded to fall asleep on me.

I was quite enjoying it until fifteen minutes later when he woke up and vomited. Into my hand.

So he's been showered and I'm hoping there are no repeats. And I missed important plot points.

• Like 2

We all sat down to watch a movie together. Captain Mal announced, "I'm not even tired." He then proceeded to fall asleep on me.

I was quite enjoying it until fifteen minutes later when he woke up and vomited. Into my hand.

So he's been showered and I'm hoping there are no repeats. And I missed important plot points.

:sad: That's not likable. I hope it's one and done.

• Like 2

:grouphug:

• Like 1

We had scrambled eggs, new potatoes and peas for dinner. Tomorrow I'm going to make stuffed tomatoes. (I don't care for peppers.) I suppose I ought to look up a recipe.

I may have had a little leftover Valentine's Day candy for dessert. Come to think of it, it's almost time to buy Easter candy.

I cut DS and DH's hair out on the back porch if the weather's decent. They both always get buzz cuts anyway. #lowmaintenance

I have been cutting DH's hair for a while now -- a "zero" cut (no comb on the clippers).  Monday Dad wanted to go for a haircut but the place I took him to was closed on Mondays.  One of the options I offered him was giving him the same haircut I give DH.  Dad liked that idea.  Apparently he is still happy with his haircut!

• Like 2

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I hope he feels better!