Menu

Ignore this thread!

ITT is weird.

Thank you.

I think I charged too little for my first box of baby clothes that I sold. It sold a little too quickly, kwim? 

Remember you also get back the value of the space it was taking up.

We tried a new (to us, might be several years old) restaurant last night. It was awesome.

• Like 9

Y'all are making me want to have an Easter egg hunt this year. I generally don't bother with it. MIL always has one for everyone and it can be a headache. Mostly because it rains over half the time, being spring and all.

My ILs like to have an egg hunt every year for their grandkids.  They put money inside the eggs and pre-count the eggs -- everyone has to keep hunting until every egg has been found.

Since Easter and April Fool's Day are the same day this year there has been some discussion of how to "fill" the eggs this year.  I suggested making some up like Christmas crackers ("small incendiary devices!").  MIL was aghast, and was thinking more along the lines of some simply being empty.

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!!  Happy Friday!!!

I had a very early morning online meeting with half a dozen people.  My laptop's camera wasn't working, though the audio was fine.  Bless that finicky little camera.   :thumbup:

Second Coffee!

My laptop's camera likes to play dress-up and wear sticky notes whenever I want to make sure it isn't looking at anything.

• Like 1

My ILs like to have an egg hunt every year for their grandkids.  They put money inside the eggs and pre-count the eggs -- everyone has to keep hunting until every egg has been found.

Since Easter and April Fool's Day are the same day this year there has been some discussion of how to "fill" the eggs this year.  I suggested making some up like Christmas crackers ("small incendiary devices!").  MIL was aghast, and was thinking more along the lines of some simply being empty.

My MIL puts money in some eggs and leaves the rest empty every year.

:scared: My reaction. 

I guess I'm not into the intermittent reward system. I want every egg to have something in it. :laugh:  

• Like 4

I was looking at certain physics toys and outgrown books picked up for past homeschool years while talking to my BFF on the phone.  I think I know which things are getting culled next from this house.

Susan, I haven't forgotten the TT.  Once I get it out of the storage unit I'll pester you for an address.  I LIKE the idea of things I'm getting rid of going to people I know.

I might be taking those physics toys to the next Park Day we attend, just to see if anyone wants to take them home.  Hmm, that could be a good thing for the indoor snowball fight, too.

• Like 4

I guess I'm not into the intermittent reward system. I want every egg to have something in it. :laugh:  

MIL & FIL usually make sure there's money in every egg here.  They will vary the amount and vary whether it holds coins or bills, but every egg usually has something.  The grandkids are also usually nice about giving some eggs away (or reaching down higher eggs for shorter cousins) if there isn't a roughly equal split between the kids.

Maybe I can suggest to MIL that she put certificates in some of them instead of money.  That can be her "prank", but then it can be a nice spin because the kids can then turn in the certificates for some other prize selected by Grandma.

• Like 1

It's always the last resort. Who wants to give up a paycheck! Blows my mind how people think that people like nurses and teachers want to strike. Who would give up a paycheck? Especially if you can't save up in the first place.

I don't blame the teachers. I am one. So many people blame teachers, though, and talk about what about the kids, I always mention it was a last resort.

• Like 2

Oh goodness. We just had to perform emergency surgery on Willow (the budgie). It wasn't really surgery - there was a little blood coming from a spot just under his wing. We think he must have gotten poked by a wire that came loose. Budgies, it turns out, do not like to be held when you are planning to dab them with peroxide and apply antiboitic ointment. He is not happy.

Well that was quick. He is chirping happily as usual. Hopefully it's a good sign.

• Like 6

I'm off work today!!

Hopefully we won't go running around or clean house. I just wanna read.

But I need to go to the dollar store. And ds31 wants us to come eat at their restaurant today. They're doing a fundraiser for veterans today.

I need to finish the SWB talk, too.

We're having leftovers tonight.

And I need to exercise.

And grade school work.

I only had one class at 6:30 this morning. I slept in!

We (Gymnast and I) have to go to the store first thing this morning. Just about every dish is dirty because we ran out of dish soap yesterday. Guess I'll be washing dishes later.

I think we will walk in the river today. Yesterday was way too cold.

I need to make a reading game for Gymnast to practice some phonics she learned this week. I think there were 3 different rules and a couple of sight words or something. I'll whip up one in a few minutes and get her jumping around.

• Like 5

My laptop's camera likes to play dress-up and wear sticky notes whenever I want to make sure it isn't looking at anything.

This one teacher used a toilet paper roll, cut a slit in it, taped a picture facing inward on one end, and placed it on the laptop camera. Real cute.

• Like 2

:scared: My reaction.

My mom puts coins in some and candy in the rest. Each kid gets to collect a certain amount of eggs. The boys have their own eggs - DS1 has dinosaur eggs, so he can only collect those, and DS2 has sportsball eggs, so he can only collect those. The girls can collect any of the regular colored eggs.
  • Like 2

Remember you also get back the value of the space it was taking up.

That's a drop in the bucket now. One down, at least 30 more to go! But I'm glad they are going to a set of twins somewhere instead of being separated. Don't tell my buyers, but I'd give them away to other twins before selling them separately. 

Edited by Paige
  • Like 5

My mom puts coins in some and candy in the rest. Each kid gets to collect a certain amount of eggs. The boys have their own eggs - DS1 has dinosaur eggs, so he can only collect those, and DS2 has sportsball eggs, so he can only collect those. The girls can collect any of the regular colored eggs.

Since my ILs have a very large yard to use and 10 grandkids ranging from preschool to late teens they have certain configurations.  There is one area that is for the youngest to collect eggs in, and his usually had toys (loves Legos).  The rest of the kids had to run down the driveway to the gate and touch the gate before they could start hunting eggs, and they were given staggered start times based upon size and speed.  Hunting eggs at Grandma's & Grandpa's also takes a lot of ingenuity -- Grandpa leads his sons in hiding eggs, and they like to get crafty about where they put the eggs.  After a spell the adults all wander around the yard calling out how many eggs they still see, and the kids then try to figure out where the adults might have spotted what the kids have overlooked.

• Like 1

I just got done typing up what BP readings I have for my dr appt this afternoon.  He is going to be QUITE crabby with me -- there was a spell of about 2 1/2 months where I didn't record ANY.

• Like 1

I stopped Easter Egg hunts when DS agreed to my suggestion that get rid of the plastic eggs and fake grass taking up space on my storage shelves and I just give him the candy.  He liked that idea.  I don't miss it, but then again we don't celebrate Easter religiously and it's just him.  All the young relatives have moved away.

• Like 2

Not like you were busy or anything... :laugh:

It will be interesting to see how this visit goes.  If he gets too crabby with me he might just have to deal with a melt-down.  I am feeling particularly stressed and overwhelmed today, and he may end up hearing ALL about it if he says the wrong thing.

DH's fence-fixing stuff arrived the other day.  I don't know when he/we will get a weekend free in which to start working on the fence.  (Posts need replacing as well as cross-beams and pickets.)

I desperately need a week (but would settle for two consecutive weekends) to try to straighten out my desk and wrap my brain around things enough to sort out the next stuff to get done and see what has been falling through cracks.  I have no idea when I will get such time, not even a day.

We need to get our next round robin trip scheduled, the sooner the better in order to see Grandma J. (she turns 100 in late June, but isn't doing well and we don't know if she will live that long), but we don't know when we will be able to break free to do that.  Maybe not until May or June, which might be too late.

I'm still anxious about my friend who is still waiting for the approval and booking of her sedated MRI.

It is just a day when all of the stuff seems to be weighing me down.  At least I'm getting a healthier lunch (stir-fried veggies and tofu), though I'm a bit bummed about the various veggies I threw in the trash because they went bad before I got around to cooking them.

I need a waterfall.  Or lake time, but it's too chilly to be out on the water and our paddling boards are still hung up for the winter.  So I need a waterfall.

• Like 3

In kids being kids today:

<Oh, yuck! I hate that smell> Turtle 2

<Mom is done cooking the mushrooms> Turtle 1

<Oh. What is it then?>Turtle 2

<Sausage.> Me

<Oh, that's why it smelled good.> Turtle 2

:glare:

ETA: It's a you-can't-win-for-losing Booyah!

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 10

Ugh.  Can someone hold me accountable for finding a primary care dr for myself this afternoon?  I need to go in for labs, and so I need to make the search....but I've been dreading this.  I'm a special snowflake and I need a special snowflake dr.  

I did call a person out to repair our garage doors.

Now I need to find someone for our roof & gutters.

• Like 6

Ugh.  Can someone hold me accountable for finding a primary care dr for myself this afternoon?  I need to go in for labs, and so I need to make the search....but I've been dreading this.  I'm a special snowflake and I need a special snowflake dr.  

Please find yourself a PCP so you can stop worrying about it.

Ugh. Can someone hold me accountable for finding a primary care dr for myself this afternoon? I need to go in for labs, and so I need to make the search....but I've been dreading this. I'm a special snowflake and I need a special snowflake dr.

Don't eat until it's done. I do that frequently.
  • Like 1

I don't know that I'm having anxiety about it, it's that I can't find anyone who I think is competent.  That sounds snobby.....but I read up on people's educational experiences and other patient reviews of the doctors, and I haven't found someone who has overwhelmed me with their possibilities.  I'm giving myself permission to switch doctors if the first one or two don't work out.

I'm on the telephone, on hold.....  I picked someone with the same hospital affiliation as my rheumatologist. Hopefully they record share. I hate carrying copies of my labs.

Fasting isn't a possibility, Slache, because I'm hypoglycemic. I'm sure it's a fast way for me to see a doctor, but hospitals are expensive.

• Like 6

My endo has a questionnaire he has patients fill out at the start of every visit, asking about changes since last time in a variety of ways.  I mentioned moving my Dad, and Dad's TIAs, and being stressed and tired.  He reads these questionnaires, too.  When he started asking about my Dad I suddenly found myself crying quietly -- guess I was more stressed than I thought I was.

My curmudgeonly endo was very kind throughout the whole visit, even when he asked about doctors I was supposed to have lined up and seen and completely forgot about.  No scolding, lots of tissues, and at the end of the visit he inquired further as to everything I was stressed about.  So I told him -- the state of Dad's place in CO, discovery that Dad had been having mini-strokes and continuing to drive, Grandma B. dying while I was driving Dad down to TX, the death of a friend's DH two days after we got back, my BFF's need for a neurologist and MRI for her own concerns, and the fact that EVERYONE down here got sick right after we returned to TX.

He said I must be understating my level of stress because I should be even worse than I appear.  As I continued to sniffle and blow my nose right in front of him.

It is times like this that remind me why I put up with him when he is really cranky.  And he's a good endo.   :001_wub:

I stopped off at a local chocolatier to buy a birthday treat for MIL and bought myself something as well.  I'm sharing mine with my kids (dark chocolate almond bark and some nice almond toffee).  Not good for the blood sugar, but I really needed something that good.

Wow, that was prompt.  The hospital imaging department just called to schedule the bone density exam (in April) my endo wants.  He ordered it less than an hour ago.

• Like 7

I don't know that I'm having anxiety about it, it's that I can't find anyone who I think is competent.  That sounds snobby.....but I read up on people's educational experiences and other patient reviews of the doctors, and I haven't found someone who has overwhelmed me with their possibilities.  I'm giving myself permission to switch doctors if the first one or two don't work out.

I'm on the telephone, on hold.....  I picked someone with the same hospital affiliation as my rheumatologist. Hopefully they record share. I hate carrying copies of my labs.

Fasting isn't a possibility, Slache, because I'm hypoglycemic. I'm sure it's a fast way for me to see a doctor, but hospitals are expensive.

That's true. How about no sitting?

• Like 1

Prairie, I am of no use whatsoever (been here 7 years and still no doctor), but I get it.  I have a very weird, involved medical history and I have weirdly triggered PTSD (blood pressure cuff, needles, etc.) . The thought of trying to find someone with both a brain and listening skills is daunting. So daunting, in fact, that I just don't do it.

Be better than me. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

• Like 3

In happy news, Wes Callihan will be teaching 2 classes through Classical Learning Resource Center next year!  I'm so happy! My two favorite providers are getting married!

Well, not really. The people involved are all already married. To other people. For a very long time. But you know what I mean.

• Like 5

I've called four different offices, and they are all refusing to pick up new patients.  They all have full patient loads.  ***Crying***

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

My BFF (lives in Cortez, CO) drove up to Durango on an errand trip and her car overheated right outside the appropriate dealership.  It's an old beater and the head gasket blew.  She is now checking with a repair shop in Mancos, with the idea of having the car towed there for repairs (less expensive than the dealership).  She can get a ride home to Cortez from a friend if she can get to Mancos (ride with the tow truck).  She hasn't even had lunch yet because there is no place anywhere near the dealership and she can't eat the vending machine snacks.

Today seems to be a very rough day for many folks.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  to us all!

• Like 1

My FIL (with the foot womb) just wrote in his weekly email that he tried to drive the other day and ran into another vehicle because he lost control of his leg. I don't know why he thinks he should be driving when he can only walk heavily assisted. :svengo: Thank the Lord he made it down the mountain alive.