Menu

Ignore this thread!

We've introduced John to the Prisamacolors we bought on super super sale a year ago and he's learning to blend colors. He's been working on a dinosaur in the grass for 3 days now.

Mary wants to play Hungry Hungry Hippos with Daddy because the poor hippos haven't eaten in months.

I'm almost finished with my book.

John knows more about blending colors with Prismacolors than I do.   :leaving:

• Like 4

Haydn. (Marked as "Austria" in many hymnals)

"Because of the practice of singing the hymn to a tune used for other purposes it has sometimes elicited unusual reactions. During the Second World War in an Oflag prisoner of war camp, a Protestant service was interrupted during the singing of "Glorious Things of Thee Are Spoken" by the camp guards singing Sei gesegnet ohne Ende, because the hymn was set to the tune of the Austrian national anthem.[9] The same Haydn melody is employed in the German national anthem formerly known, popularly, as Deutschland über alles — properly titled Das Lied der Deutschen or the Deutschlandlied, the third verse of which is the national anthem of present-day Germany. For some people, using this particular tune for the hymn (often named in various hymnals as "Austria") is often controversial as, despite the fact that it dates back to the 18th century, it raises reminders of Nazi Germany.[10]"

Here's more about the tune:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gott_erhalte_Franz_den_Kaiser

• Like 2

Slache, any word on job prospects?

No. We will wait for an opening on the good job with benefits or give up and go with the temp agency he got his current job through. Either way we'll probably still move May 31st.

John knows more about blending colors with Prismacolors than I do.   :leaving:

Matt is an artist. It's his passion. His first attempt with oil pastels since high school:

27459216_10211404212203483_3201864684868

• Like 10

Okay--two query letters proofed and ready to go tomorrow. I wrote 1000 words, worked on my pitch (slightly different than a query) and wrote up one critique that I plan to sit on until it hatches into something a little more cute and fluffy than what is currently on the page.

• Like 7

I need to go to sleep. But I'm excited because I ordered my 2 rhubarb plants. They'll be here next week!

Sleepy Rhubarb Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you!

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 7

Good morning!

🌸 Bookie 🌸

I've been up for a half hour and my fitbit is still trying to wake me up. 🙄 Have to do the things today - bring dd15 to tutorial, stop by Lowes for the package of vermiculite they shorted on my order, Aldi, and the thrift store. Pick up dd15, and orchestra rehearsal tonight. Dinner is baked salmon, green beans, rice, and lettuce salad.

Coffee!

• Like 6

It's Thursday!  COFFEE!!!!  Dinner at Susan's!  

I listened to SWB's talk in Seattle (link posted in the Rethinking School thread) last night while the kids were at swim.  It was really good!  Makes me want to pull 12yo ds out of Challenge now.  

ETA:  I doubt we'll do that.  We already almost made that decision once and didn't.  He is doing fine with the work, doesn't feel like a failure, but just miserable with the pointlessness of it and the amount of it.  This is his break week, which he is loving.  9 more weeks after this.  

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 5

Have any of you ever been to a Doctor of Osteopathy? I need to find a new doc and I’m trying to sift through local recommendations.

Yes. DOs and MDs receive all the same training and do the same residencies, at this point there is usually no practical difference between doctors with either credential.

I'm awake.

I want to get up , but when I tried that a bit ago Kernel promptly woke up and came looking for me.

I've never had a baby before who absolutely would not stay asleep without a parent to snuggle with.

He's back asleep now so I'm being a teddy bear.

• Like 8

I'm glad you edited. I was getting ready to quote you and ask. So, will you drop it after this year?

Thanks!  Definitely dropping after this year.  They've already registered for the next level for next year and it's full.  We decided a while back we would do 8th grade differently.  I thought the influence of peers would counterbalance the angst from the workload, but he doesn't get the same sense of accomplishment from it that older ds did.  Personally, I've never been a fan of the Challenge level scope and sequence, but used it for the one ds ifor whom it seemed a good fit.  Now he's ready to leave it too after this year (Challenge 3).  

• Like 2

I'm up. The jury is out on whether or not I'm awake. I missed a deadline on some critiques that were due this week--distracted, I suppose. I think I'll get the new ones done today and get ahead for the week. I'm so tired today. I didn't sleep well, but at least I wasn't screaming in my dreams for people to leave me alone so I could go to sleep. :wacko:

• Like 4

I finished The Reader's Odyssey which was fine. I agreed with almost everything and don't need to buy the book. I did get Teaching The Classics but my computer broke before I could watch it and I had to return it before I could buy a new computer, but I only borrowed it to see if I wanted to buy it and I do so it served it's purpose.

So now on to The Last Unicorn and then probably It Starts With Food.

• Like 4

I'm awake.

I want to get up , but when I tried that a bit ago Kernel promptly woke up and came looking for me.

I've never had a baby before who absolutely would not stay asleep without a parent to snuggle with.

How old is Kernel? Baby is just like that and I had hope he'd outgrow it when he learned to roll over easily and I could put him on his tummy. I've co-slept some with all my babies but Baby is ridiculous! He isn't happy most of the time unless his head is on the boob. He doesn't eat that much more than the others, but it's like he panics if he thinks the option is not there! 

But he's cute and snuggly and one day will smell like 16 instead of all the lovely things so I don't mind too much. 

All these ladies at the baby group were like, "I have a bedtime routine for my 2month old and put him to sleep at 8 and he wakes up at 5...." That is like a different universe from me- can't comprehend! Not that I would mind...DD(10) was kind of like that.

• Like 5

How old is Kernel? Baby is just like that and I had hope he'd outgrow it when he learned to roll over easily and I could put him on his tummy. I've co-slept some with all my babies but Baby is ridiculous! He isn't happy most of the time unless his head is on the boob. He doesn't eat that much more than the others, but it's like he panics if he thinks the option is not there! 

But he's cute and snuggly and one day will smell like 16 instead of all the lovely things so I don't mind too much. 

All these ladies at the baby group were like, "I have a bedtime routine for my 2month old and put him to sleep at 8 and he wakes up at 5...." That is like a different universe from me- can't comprehend! Not that I would mind...DD(10) was kind of like that.

Kernel is 9.5 months, and no signs of outgrowing anything.

And yes, I've co-slept with six babies before him and none of them had to have full body contact at all times in order to sleep!

He was like this from day one though--the nurses at the hospital nursery said something about it every time they brought him back to me: "your baby won't sleep unless someone is holding him!"  I was sending him to them in the hopes of getting some rest myself  :tongue_smilie:

• Like 4

My head hurts so much my vision is off. I can feel it running down into my fingers and even into one leg today. It's my old whiplash injury acting up, probably because of sleeping with my neck wonky because Baby. I can't take my muscle relaxers because of nursing, and I can't take the other meds because I'd be too sleepy to care for Baby. Hopefully a coffee, ibuprofen, and acetaminophen cocktail will take the edge off. 

The osteopathic doc I had was basically the sane as any doctor except that she could also do osteopathic manipulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sane doctors are good.  

• Like 2

Rhubarb!  I love rhubarb! I've got a list of recipes to make once it is available again.

I did nothing on my to-do list today. It has been quite the accomplishment.

Okay, since it is the next day can you share some of your rhubarb recipes, please?  This will keep your streak yesterday intact.  

• Like 1

It's Thursday!  COFFEE!!!!  Dinner at Susan's!  

I listened to SWB's talk in Seattle (link posted in the Rethinking School thread) last night while the kids were at swim.  It was really good!  Makes me want to pull 12yo ds out of Challenge now.  

ETA:  I doubt we'll do that.  We already almost made that decision once and didn't.  He is doing fine with the work, doesn't feel like a failure, but just miserable with the pointlessness of it and the amount of it.  This is his break week, which he is loving.  9 more weeks after this.  

Would you please share the link to the talk or the link to the thread containing that link?

• Like 3

I'm awake.

Yes, we make a lot of sacrifices for the sake of our kids.  Because they are worth it.

:001_wub:

• Like 2

The friend who recommended I look for one thought they’d be more likely to look for root causes than just symptoms.

Really, I just want someone who will take me seriously. And I want to avoid the Scylla of “lets give you antidepressants and cut your uterus out†and the Charybdis of “eat nothing but Kale and a hundred dollars worth of supplements.†I mean, I suppose if eating nothing but kale made me feel like a million bucks I’d do it, but I’ve tried paleo and too low carb makes my anxiety worse and I don’t seem to have any problems with dairy. I’ve been recommended so many different vitamins and supplements over the years by friends and so far your suggestion of magnesium is the only one to help!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I hope you find someone good.  It gets quite frustrating, hunting for good doctors.

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Friday Eve!!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

I have a serious case of the “don’t wannas†today, and i’m Not even sure why. Nothing is on the docket. I slept well last night, although it seems like my anxiety closet (Bloom County reference) burst open and played in my dreams all night.

Uncle and Aunt are down from Portland for a couple of days, so dinner at my Mom and Dad’s house tonight.

• Like 5

I'm up. The jury is out on whether or not I'm awake. I missed a deadline on some critiques that were due this week--distracted, I suppose. I think I'll get the new ones done today and get ahead for the week. I'm so tired today. I didn't sleep well, but at least I wasn't screaming in my dreams for people to leave me alone so I could go to sleep. :wacko:

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

My head hurts so much my vision is off. I can feel it running down into my fingers and even into one leg today. It's my old whiplash injury acting up, probably because of sleeping with my neck wonky because Baby. I can't take my muscle relaxers because of nursing, and I can't take the other meds because I'd be too sleepy to care for Baby. Hopefully a coffee, ibuprofen, and acetaminophen cocktail will take the edge off.

((Paige))

Ds31 has been wanting me to go out exercising with him at 530am! He wants to do lunges or duck walks on our street. He said I could just walk alongside him if I don't want to do the same. I have conveniently slept through wake up time both days he wanted me up.

Smart woman!!
  • Like 1

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Would you consider an 8yo a tween? A local mom wants to start a tween book club 3rd Grade and up. I always thought tween was 10-12. There’s a pretty big difference between an 8year old and a 10 year old! And a huge difference between an 8 year old and a 12 year old! I mean they can play together, certainly, but book discussions I think would be either boring or frustrating for the older kid.

No, I'd think 10-12.

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Friday Eve!!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

I have a serious case of the “don’t wannas†today, and i’m Not even sure why. Nothing is on the docket. I slept well last night, although it seems like my anxiety closet (Bloom County reference) burst open and played in my dreams all night.

Uncle and Aunt are down from Portland for a couple of days, so dinner at my Mom and Dad’s house tonight.

I love Bloom County!

• Like 2