Menu

Ignore this thread!

Yeah, no. That would involve opening the back door, letting in cold air, to go to the basement. Twice (so, opening the door 4x). (there's still another door between our back door and outside, but it's quite cold and very drafty in the hallway to the basement, so, it's still a waste of energy - it's not like we keep the thermostat set at 50, plus, it'd make *me* cold to go to the basement twice to warm socks. they'll get warm just fine on his feet (really, they're not cold - it's not like I'm asking him to put on 50 degree socks - if he wants, he could hold them in front of the heater before putting them on, but it's the principle - he doesn't want to believe that it works, because he's not complaining about cold feet, so why would socks help?... well, because they do, even if it's another body part that's cold))

Tell him to put on a hat, too.

You could microwave the socks....

• Like 1

I wrap presents. I just do a basic job with $0.97 wrapping paper from The Afsa and plunk a bow on top from the $1.97 bag of bows from The Afsa. I usually buy a tablet of those sticker “To:/From:†tags. DH and I traditionally wrap presents on Christmas Eve while watching the Christmas music on Public Television. I do a fairly neat job. Nothing to write home about in terms of beauty or sloppiness.

Dh and I won a contest at a Christmas party where we each had to keep one hand behind our backs and use the other hand to wrap a gift. They said I was good at it due to having to wrangle 6 kids with one hand while the other hand was in use elsewhere. :D

My oldest DS said something yesterday that remind me of you and all you artistic types. He was bored and I told him he should do some sketching of pieces he wanted to make in metal shop next semester. He said, no, he didn’t do it that way. He said he just looks at a piece of metal and can see what he needs to make out of it when he looks at it. He doesn’t plan.

:wub: Metal Michelangelo
  • Like 2

Lunch on Sunday and most every other day is leftovers or sandwiches. I'm making some steaks and baked potatoes for tonight, though. And we might eat that pie. 

I was asked to make an apple tart for tomorrow. I don't know if I will or not. I'm not feeling up to it at present, but I might feel more like baking it tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

Oh! Nightly list! I thought you had a naughty list. A nightly list is much nicer. :)

Nightly list:

Top of microwave (things to be fixed)

Wipe counters

Restock diaper station

All toys put away

Vacuum

Trash

Kids clipboards restocked

Naughty list:

Alex

Mooies

John

Matt

• Like 4

We’re home and lunched.

The church service this morning was really meaningful; didn’t help that I was on edge emotionally as it was. It was a combined service (usually we have two services - traditional and contemporary) and the choir sang and there was an orchestra. The 4th advent candle was lit. They have 6th graders light the candle each week (4 kids do it) and this week there was two girls and the second boy was our assoc. pastor’s Downs boy. The other boy gently lead him by the hand up the aisle and up the steps. Then his dad helped him light the candle and then the other boy gently lead him back down the aisle. I almost lost it. The only thing that kept back the tears was the thought of my mascara streaking down my cheeks. It was so touching. And then, as per tradition we all sang the “Hallelujah Chorus†and that song makes me emotional even if i’m just washing dishes. So, it was a beautiful service. I wish we could go to the Christmas Eve Candlelight Service tonight, but we’re going to my Uncle and Aunt’s house for Christmas this evening.

• Like 7

MIL has gone with dh and 2 kids to pick up the lasagna. The remaining 4 kids are playing Monopoly. It has not started snowing yet even though we were promised 6" for Christmas. :taptaptap:

Church service was very nice this morning - it is a very small, very old historic UMC with a bell that is still rung by hand. I played "What Child Is This" with my new bow :wub: and the kids sang "Ding Dong Merrily On High" and we all sang Silent Night with little candles. After church there was coffee and cookies. :)

We took a walk down the steep road to look at the partially frozen creek and when we came back, I took a nap. :)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

MIL has gone with dh and 2 kids to pick up the lasagna. The remaining 4 kids are playing Monopoly. It has not started snowing yet even though we were promised 6" for Christmas. :taptaptap5:

Church service was very nice this morning - it is a very small, very old historic UMC with a bell that is still rung by hand. I played "What Child Is This" with my new bow :wub: and the kids sang "Ding Dong Merrily On High" and we all sang Silent Night with little candles. After church there was coffee and cookies. :)

We took a walk down the steep road to look at the partially frozen creek and when we came back, I took a nap. :)

That sounds like a wonderful service!! I’m glad you are having a good time.
  • Like 1

We have finished Christmas with my FOO.  My older brother is a photographer and took some family pictures before hand.  We are back home now.  I delivered two loaves of homemade bread to someone down the road for a Christmas present.  That leaves two loaves for us.  

Now, I need to get back to wrapping.   :sleep:

• Like 6

We have finished Christmas with my FOO. My older brother is a photographer and took some family pictures before hand. We are back home now. I delivered two loaves of homemade bread to someone down the road for a Christmas present. That leaves two loaves for us.

Now, I need to get back to wrapping. :sleep:

I’m a little embarrassed to ask, but what does FOO mean?
  • Like 1