Menu

Ignore this thread!

Our power was out from 9 last night to almost 9 this morning. And we're lucky, because we live near an exchange station. We've had over 18 inches, and it's a heavy, wet snow. Power lines and phone lines are down all around our county and the one to the north. It's Snowmageddon!

(BUT our fears of no white Christmas have bee **this post interrupted by another outage**  n completely alleviated.)

:grouphug: We have a small chance of flurries on Christmas Eve. 

• Like 2

Our power was out from 9 last night to almost 9 this morning. And we're lucky, because we live near an exchange station. We've had over 18 inches, and it's a heavy, wet snow. Power lines and phone lines are down all around our county and the one to the north. It's Snowmageddon!

(BUT our fears of no white Christmas have bee **this post interrupted by another outage**  n completely alleviated.)

:svengo:

And dh?

There have been times in the past when my health was worse when I went to bed Friday night and woke up Sunday morning. Is that an option for you; Saturday night to Monday morning? I would leave my husband a list. I'd get up once or twice to snack and the kids climbed in bed with me for a bedtime story so it wasn't 36 strait hours but it met my needs.

The thing is, I don't feel like I'm doing anything already. VHSG is on Christmas break. I'm not doing Spanish classes until January 8. I really don't understand why I'm just as tired now as I was when doing everything else. Yesterday was the first time I got up to actually clean something in the house (the two corners).

I had my schedule open from 4am-6:30am (done by 7am) Monday through Friday, and open 4:30 or 5am on Saturdays. Starting next week, it's 4:30. But, that was only three hours (if full). But, all my slots weren't filling anyway, so I wasn't working all those hours. And I oftentimes napped right after I was finished teaching. I'm befuddled.

The thing is, I don't feel like I'm doing anything already. VHSG is on Christmas break. I'm not doing Spanish classes until January 8. I really don't understand why I'm just as tired now as I was when doing everything else. Yesterday was the first time I got up to actually clean something in the house (the two corners).

I had my schedule open from 4am-6:30am (done by 7am) Monday through Friday, and open 4:30 or 5am on Saturdays. Starting next week, it's 4:30. But, that was only three hours (if full). But, all my slots weren't filling anyway, so I wasn't working all those hours. And I oftentimes napped right after I was finished teaching. I'm befuddled.

I don't care how much you're doing, I care how much you're sleeping. If those numbers are fine I vote illness.

• Like 1

Maybe it's like when you are doing stuff all day and don't realize how much your feet hurt until you stop and put them up. Now that you have a chance to rest, your body is realizing how much you really need it.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Kids helped me in the Schoolroom of Doom.  Ds took care of a recycling problem (why does no one realize that an overflowing recycle bin does no good in the house and that stuff needs to be actually put out in the big rolling bin on occasion?)  Dd and I went through all the books and stuff on a cart and got rid of very little but we are going to take the cart itself to Goodwill so that's progress, right?  We do have some other things to go to the homeschool consignment shop and to Goodwill as well.

• Like 4

I used to have a teacher who would always say, “ don’t slow down, you’ll just get sick†for this very reason. Of course, if you never slow dow, sooner or later your body will just break.

This is why I went through every single final in high school and college with a high fever and spent all my vacations sick as a dog.  Of course then I got ill in college and never recovered over 30 years later.  But I got good grades. 

• Like 3

I thought up a bunch of chores the kids could do for pay so they have $$ to buy Christmas presents. It’s not much, but we have a yearly tradition of going to the thrift store and the kid get their grandparents ornaments and knickknacks and whatever. They enjoy it and it gets them in the spirit of giving.

Mine have really gotten into the "crafting" spirit this year.  The stockings are already so jammed with paper crafts and recyclables  and knitting fork necklaces that I may have to save the store-bought stuff for next year.   :laugh:  

(j/k -- they'd be so disappointed!)

• Like 3

And in other news:  Dh's now badly-swollen wrist is indeed broken.  Poor guy.  I'm assuming it's some kind of minor fracture or chip, since the PCP last night wasn't certain without x-rays.  He's off getting his cast now.

I also had buy more stuff for the oily floor.  Small amounts of seepage rose to the surface overnight, so I'm going to have to draw it out.   This is severely testing my resolve to enjoy Advent and Christmas without stressing.  I just keep reminding myself that, though the timing is bad, the job has to be done before we put the house on the market anyway.  So my Christmas gift to myself will be getting it done.   :001_smile:

I did grab the fruit and berries and cheeses for Christmas lunch, and prepped them and stowed them away.  So that's done!  Just breakfast and dinner to prep now.  They may both have to be simpler than originally planned, but that's okay, too.    Our friends are easy to please.   :001_cool:

• Like 5

Mine have really gotten into the "crafting" spirit this year. The stockings are already so jammed with paper crafts and recyclables and knitting fork necklaces that I may have to save the store-bought stuff for next year. :laugh:

(j/k -- they'd be so disappointed!)

This year my very self-centered oldest DS made gifts, which really surprised me. He’s taking metal shop at school and has found that he is rather creative, so he made decorative metal pieces. They’re really neat.
  • Like 10

This year my very self-centered oldest DS made gifts, which really surprised me. He’s taking metal shop at school and has found that he is rather creative, so he made decorative metal pieces. They’re really neat.

Argh!

(I liked the post, but it deserved another!)

• Like 2

In-laws are coming for Christmas!!!  We missed them on Thanksgiving, so I am happy.  Hopefully we don't get snow which would derail the plans.

Best part is - I already scrubbed the floors, so all I have to do is a quick mop and straighten, and make dessert.  Yippee!!!!

• Like 7

Lest anyone think I was a slacker, I did plan French, Latin, Math and Writing for the next ten weeks. Sort of. I know what I'm doing when. That counts, right? Also ran that errand to town, did the laundry, washed a load of dishes and rescheduled my hair appointment for the week before surgery instead of the week of. 

• Like 4

I'm playing my favorite epic music while I compose this synopsis out of three different drafts. My goal is to make it so voice-filled that the agents hear incredible darkly impressive epicness when they read it.

That’s epic dude (said in the voice of Jeff Spicolli).

I couldn’t resist.

• Like 4

Lest anyone think I was a slacker, I did plan French, Latin, Math and Writing for the next ten weeks. Sort of. I know what I'm doing when. That counts, right? Also ran that errand to town, did the laundry, washed a load of dishes and rescheduled my hair appointment for the week before surgery instead of the week of.

Overachiever.😜
  • Like 3

Books taken to homeschool consignment shop.  They took half.  The other half went directly to Goodwill.

Took cart and other stuff to Goodwill as well.  I'm unhappy though.  The kids told me that all four wheels for the cart were in the car but when I delivered the cart, all I could find were 3.  I looked all over the back of the car.  And I left it there and went home to look some more but no dice.  The man told me that if I couldn't find the fourth wheel that it would be thrown away.  I'm sad about that because I didn't mean to saddle them with garbage.  I'm a bit suspicious though because before he knew it had wheels he was perfectly fine with taking it just as a bookcase (because it basically a bookcase on wheels) so I'm hoping that they just put it out on the floor as a bookcase and don't throw it out.

I have been sitting in silence for the last hour dinking away on my computer and phone.  It has been 100% unproductive but  it has been relaxing. 

I had a "fertilizer bar" for a snack.  That's what I call protein bars because that is what they taste like to me.  But it met my caloric needs for a snack and was untasty enough to not make me want more.  Ugh. 

• Like 6

Likety likety!!

When I was growing up a friend of mine played the harp. I thought it was so cool!!

One nice thing about the harp is that it's hard to make it sound bad. You can plink random strings and it sounds awesome! :D My harp was made by Dusty Strings out in Jean's neck of the woods. Roughly. I have no idea really. Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3