Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Wednesday Morning!  Lots of fun stuff today.  One is taking the drivers permit test, one is going to a mystery dinner party, one is having a play date, one is having a cast party, so on and so forth.  Rest easy, I made the coffee this morning and it will be STRONG!   :drool5:  :drool5:  :drool5:

(((Broccoli)))  Glad it was a "one and done."  

• Like 7

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Wednesday!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Today is DS’s first day of finals. He goes to school late so I don’t have to get up so early. We had a good talk with the counselor at his school yesterday. We’re changing a couple of classes so he doesn’t have such a heavy schedule and hopefully can pass his classes next semester. Of course we told him of this plan, and it sent him straight into anxiety mode. 😩😩🤪🤪 Oi vey.

Other DS and 2 DDs had piano “recitalâ€. They are the only students of their teacher, so she arranged for them to play at the Memory Care section of the retirement home. It should be good.

I have a ton of baking to do yet.😩😩 I don’t know why I do it this to myself. No, I know why. It’s because I want to.

• Like 7

Good morning!

How can it be 9:00 already? Have so much to do on so little sleep. (Bruises from the fall yesterday woke me up every time I moved.)

Quackers, how is dh's wrist? Did you tell us already?

Most of you have waaaaaaaayyyy too much scheduled for today! Today we have to pack! And get the laundry done that was supposed to be done yesterday! :glare: And stop by the store for the millionth time. :glare: And mail registration papers. And the mortgage payment. (No sense in putting them in my mailbox. :banghead: ) And make Alton Brown's Egg Nog.

More Coffee!

• Like 7

Coffee!  Oatmeal!!  Egg!!!

Dh just put in a call to the doctor's office, so hopefully he will hear soon about his wrist.  Thanks for asking!

I'm hoping to pull together the grocery list for Christmas cooking/baking.  It feels a little late in the game, but the oily floor was higher priority.  I may need to go store-bought on cookies this year.   :crying: 

Rest of (not-so-oily) laundry room floor can be washed this morning.  Food shopping will happen tonight, I hope, and cooking tomorrow.

And meatballs!  I keep forgetting that I have to throw those together.  Sell-By date is looming.   :scared:  :svengo:

(((Broccoli))) 

(((Renai))) 

And a double-shot espresso for Lynn.  Busy day for you!

• Like 5

I slept through two different alarms from two different devices and got 4 teacher no shows this morning.  :svengo:  :thumbdown: That is after napping on and off all day yesterday and going to bed early.

Sounds like your body is trying to tell you something.

• Like 2

Coffee!  Oatmeal!!  Egg!!!

Dh just put in a call to the doctor's office, so hopefully he will hear soon about his wrist.  Thanks for asking!

I'm hoping to pull together the grocery list for Christmas cooking/baking.  It feels a little late in the game, but the oily floor was higher priority.  I may need to go store-bought on cookies this year.   :crying:

Rest of (not-so-oily) laundry room floor can be washed this morning.  Food shopping will happen tonight, I hope, and cooking tomorrow.

And meatballs!  I keep forgetting that I have to throw those together.  Sell-By date is looming.   :scared:  :svengo:

(((Broccoli))) 

(((Renai))) 

And a double-shot espresso for Lynn.  Busy day for you!

1. Coffee! Tamales! Egg!!!

2. If it was broken, I think it would have been extremely obvious and they would have done something right away. (then again, dh's wrist was shattered, so there's that)

3. Yes, we're hoping to do this too. I've been planning to do this since Saturday. It would be for the main foods. I have too many ingredients for cookies to buy store-bought, plus I finally have recipes that work, plus Gymnast is really looking forward to baking cookies. So, there's all that...

4. I'm hoping I can clear out half of some clutter today, and the other half tomorrow.

5. That's a "sell-by" date, not a "cook by" date.  :leaving:

• Like 4

I don't know if this applies, Renai, but whenever I'm writing a lot in a day, I wind up as exhausted as if I'd been running most of the day. I only wish it burned the same amount of calories. There's something about creative work that takes it out of me. I don't always sleep well, sadly, but I know that I'm always tired whenever I get to the end of the day.

• Like 2

I want to tuck each of you in to cozy spaces with fuzzy blankets and chocolate and read your favorite stories to you until you feel calm and blissful.

Sometimes all I have to give are my dreams for you.

It truly is the thought that counts!! Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 1

Mmm. I don't think so. Not yet. I'll look at one this morning.

It's agility training. It looks totally  :drool5: to me but it might be too jumpy/squaty for you.

I slept through two different alarms from two different devices and got 4 teacher no shows this morning.  :svengo:  :thumbdown: That is after napping on and off all day yesterday and going to bed early.

(((Renai)))

But, I HAVE been working less.  :glare: It's only up to 3 hours a day anyway. And I never work Sundays. And, I'm taking Christmas off.

Not too many classes, just not enough sleep. 11 last night? That's not okay.

Maybe I'll feel better after coffee. Caffeinated. And my hbp pill.

:huh: No.

I thought up a bunch of chores the kids could do for pay so they have $$ to buy Christmas presents. It’s not much, but we have a yearly tradition of going to the thrift store and the kid get their grandparents ornaments and knickknacks and whatever. They enjoy it and it gets them in the spirit of giving.

• Like 6

It's a warmish day and the boys are playing at being crawdads in the creek. :001_smile:

ETA: Also trying to build me a waterfall.

That sound like fun. It’s warmer today here, too. A “storm†is moving through. We got a grand total of about 3 raindrops.😩😩 We really need rain and snow in the mountains.
  • Like 1

It's agility training. It looks totally  :drool5: to me but it might be too jumpy/squaty for you.

(((Renai)))

Not too many classes, just not enough sleep. 11 last night? That's not okay.

:huh: No.

Well, I had been going to bed at 11. Last night, I got to bed by 9:15. I woke up around 11:38, but was back to sleep by 12. But, hey, I don't feel sleepy anymore!  :glare:

• Like 2

I'm trying to decide what to do for the week I'm having surgery. I expect to rebound pretty quickly, but I think should probably err on the side of not doing too much just in case.

ETA: ED-PO. For me, I plan to lay around and write. :laugh:

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 5

Our power was out from 9 last night to almost 9 this morning. And we're lucky, because we live near an exchange station. We've had over 18 inches, and it's a heavy, wet snow. Power lines and phone lines are down all around our county and the one to the north. It's Snowmageddon!

(BUT our fears of no white Christmas have bee **this post interrupted by another outage**  n completely alleviated.)

• Like 9

Well, I had been going to bed at 11. Last night, I got to bed by 9:15. I woke up around 11:38, but was back to sleep by 12. But, hey, I don't feel sleepy anymore!  :glare:

There have been times in the past when my health was worse when I went to bed Friday night and woke up Sunday morning. Is that an option for you; Saturday night to Monday morning? I would leave my husband a list. I'd get up once or twice to snack and the kids climbed in bed with me for a bedtime story so it wasn't 36 strait hours but it met my needs.

• Like 1