Menu

Ignore this thread!

I went to Best Buy and got a FitBit charger to replace the last one that Bailey (aka Fang) bit through.  I got home and it was the wrong one!  :banghead:  So we turned around and went back to Best Buy and I got the right one - and stopped at Trader Joe's for "fast food" (aka gluten free food that I can just pop in the oven).  I'm tired but my vaccined arm still feels fine - or at least no more achy than it does every day of the year. 

• Like 6

I went to Best Buy and got a FitBit charger to replace the last one that Bailey (aka Fang) bit through.  I got home and it was the wrong one!  :banghead:  So we turned around and went back to Best Buy and I got the right one - and stopped at Trader Joe's for "fast food" (aka gluten free food that I can just pop in the oven).  I'm tired but my vaccined arm still feels fine - or at least no more achy than it does every day of the year.

Don't be too excited. I would expect tomorrow to be painful. I don't get the flu vaccine, but in general with vaccines that's what I've noticed. If it hurts stay active.

Howdy.

Three kids have fevers, and all five continue to have cold symptoms (noses, throats, headaches), so they are all home tomorrow with dh while I go to CC (I tutor).  

Everyone's heartbroken about missing the Christmas party.   :crying:  I'm taking comfort in the fact that my morning (sans kids-in-tow) will be much easier.  Lonely, but easier. I've promised to bring home cake and brownies for everyone.

• Like 4

Howdy.

Three kids have fevers, and all five continue to have cold symptoms (noses, throats, headaches), so they are all home tomorrow with dh while I go to CC (I tutor).  

Everyone's heartbroken about missing the Christmas party.   :crying:  I'm taking comfort in the fact that my morning (sans kids-in-tow) will be much easier.  Lonely, but easier. I've promised to bring home cake and brownies for everyone.

Poor little ducklings. Glad they get cake and brownies when they feel better.

• Like 3

:banghead: Just got an automated call from the pulmonologist confirming dd11's appointment for next monday. The first thing it said was that I could "press 3" to confirm the appointment at any time. So after hearing the details I pressed 3. Then the computer said "your appointment has been cancelled. Please call during office hours to reschedule." :banghead: I can about guarantee that by the time I can get through on the phone tomorrow morning, her appointment time will be filled and we'll have to wait another 3 months to get in.

:banghead: Just got an automated call from the pulmonologist confirming dd11's appointment for next monday. The first thing it said was that I could "press 3" to confirm the appointment at any time. So after hearing the details I pressed 3. Then the computer said "your appointment has been cancelled. Please call during office hours to reschedule." :banghead: I can about guarantee that by the time I can get through on the phone tomorrow morning, her appointment time will be filled and we'll have to wait another 3 months to get in.

Oh my goodness!  If you're appt time is gone, I would make certain they knew why and they would be squeezing me in anyway.  ENB is on the ready.  

• Like 5

Yum!! When I had my jaws broken and mouth wired shut, it was wired AFTER they placed a wax divider between my top and bottom front teeth. So I couldn't use a straw or slip anything through the front of my mouth. Andes mints were the PERFECT thing! They would slip inside the side of my cheek and just melt. Too, too yummy!

I'm having trouble breathing just thinking about that.  Were they supposed to leave the wax in?   :svengo:

• Like 1

Dislike!

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good morning! :glare:

I had foot cramps and weird dreams (travel in South American jungles) and couldn't find my glasses this morning. Why has nobody at Vanderbilt Pediatric Pulmonology thought of the brilliant idea of putting their office hours on the website page?

An old friend of mine sent out letters in February with the

greeting, "Merry Lent" on them.

You can always draw stick figures on the bottom of the letter.

:lol: Krissi's on a roll!

O Insomnia!

You hinder the chance to rest.

I desire sleep.

My collection of ITT Insomnia poetry is extensive!

Coffee!

• Like 5

Good morning! :glare:

I had foot cramps and weird dreams (travel in South American jungles) and couldn't find my glasses this morning. Why has nobody at Vanderbilt Pediatric Pulmonology thought of the brilliant idea of putting their office hours on the website page?   

:lol: Krissi's on a roll!

My collection of ITT Insomnia poetry is extensive!

Coffee!

I knew a guy who walked from Mississippi to the tip of South America. Cool dude.
  • Like 2

I got the appointment back! The lady was very surprised that the robot cancelled the appointment and also that it wasn't snapped up in the 3 minutes it took my call to get to her. I have a feeling they are going to have a bit of a mess with their appointment scheduling. (The are updating their systems.)

• Like 10

Baby had his 2mos shots and checkup yesterday. We got the referral for his tongue tie but the doctor doesn't think he needs to be clipped. He has a heart shaped/forked tongue so the tie is not disputed but rather whether or not it's a problem. He's doing perfectly other than that. 

BUT...the shots. OMG. I do not recall them being so bad. I think they actually give kids more at once now than they did 10yrs ago. Baby screamed like he was being tortured if he was awake for about 6hrs after the shots. He was either sleeping with little sad whimpers, trying to nurse, or shrieking. I think they should do a study on hearing loss among childcare workers and other infant caregivers. It should be considered a hazardous job. It was so bad that he made my cats puke from stress.

He seems happy and fine today, though.  :001_wub:  I was afraid it'd be worse because I always feel worse the next day but maybe he's too tired. 

I have to go to Aldi. I have other things to do but for some reason these people here want food and we are out of eggs and cheese and milk and bread. Also, I got a new bank card so I can shop there again. I would really like the $800 back that the natural remedy addict and Miami Dade College Magazine enthusiast stole from me. :glare: Hopefully we can get that taken care of today.

Bank Burglar Booyah! Boooooo! Boooooooooooo!

The weather outside is frightful,

But The ITT is delightful,

So as long as we love it most,

Let us post, let us post, let us post!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 11

Can't like this.  4 is too early!   :sleep:

It's better than 3, which is what it's been!

Baby had his 2mos shots and checkup yesterday. We got the referral for his tongue tie but the doctor doesn't think he needs to be clipped. He has a heart shaped/forked tongue so the tie is not disputed but rather whether or not it's a problem. He's doing perfectly other than that. 

BUT...the shots. OMG. I do not recall them being so bad. I think they actually give kids more at once now than they did 10yrs ago. Baby screamed like he was being tortured if he was awake for about 6hrs after the shots. He was either sleeping with little sad whimpers, trying to nurse, or shrieking. I think they should do a study on hearing loss among childcare workers and other infant caregivers. It should be considered a hazardous job. It was so bad that he made my cats puke from stress.

He seems happy and fine today, though.  :001_wub:  I was afraid it'd be worse because I always feel worse the next day but maybe he's too tired.

(((Paigelet)))
  • Like 2

I wanna party with Susan today; she's hopping.

Hugs for the Paigelet. The current vaccine schedule freaks me out a bit. We really bombard those little burgeoning little immune systems. Makes me kinda glad DD was a preemie and we sloooooooowed them waaaaaaaay dooooooown.

• Like 5

Ok, so this is the biggest scam ever. The Jojo Sewa Bow. Don’t ask me.... my daughters found this chick on-line. “She’s famous momâ€... “oh, so that’s why she can charge $20 for a stinkin hair-bow.†Yes, you heard that right.... a hair-bow that costs $20. And my daughters are offended that I refuse to purchase one for their Christmas present.

• Like 4

Ok, so this is the biggest scam ever. The Jojo Sewa Bow. Don’t ask me.... my daughters found this chick on-line. “She’s famous momâ€... “oh, so that’s why she can charge $20 for a stinkin hair-bow.†Yes, you heard that right.... a hair-bow that costs $20. And my daughters are offended that I refuse to purchase one for their Christmas present.

Homeschooling was supposed to prevent this sort of thing, right?  You're obviously letting them out of the basement too much.   :laugh:

• Like 9

Homeschooling was supposed to prevent this sort of thing, right? You're obviously letting them out of the basement too much. :laugh:

I know. I knew things were going down hill when the kids had their first exposure to television programming that had commercials and that there was more to watch out there besides Dinosaur Train and Word Girl (I love WG, btw). Now they’re watching all these YouTube videos of gymnastics girls and whatever.
  • Like 3