Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Friday!!!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

DS has off of school today. It is Veterans Day. Thus I got to sleep in as well. I needed it. I think with the other kids we'll just take our Bible verse quiz and spelling test and do math and call it good. We're going to paint the girls' room tomorrow, so need to get their room cleaned up and get to the hardware store and get paint and supplies. Since we still have moving to a bigger house in our plans, the bedroom will be painted Antique White, as our realtor said that's the best way to go,

• Like 5

What is wrong with people?? MIL asked DDa what her favorite subject was. She said it was band. MIL said, no, a real subject. DD was  :huh: . Then she said her next favorite would be math. MIL said, "Girls aren't supposed to like math!" Way to encourage her interests, Grandma! Maybe she should work really hard and be Don Draper's secretary. 

DD was offended but came to me and said she was proud of herself for being able to nod and smile. It was DD's best choice- we don't engage when people are nuts. 

#whatimdealingwith

Ugh. Maybe tell her to answer Home Ec next time.  :001_rolleyes:

I'm not sure if that's right.  I passed French 2 in my senior year in high school 20+ years ago.

Either way it's time for French, no? If you got it wrong, maybe even more so...

• Like 6

I'm back! I survived!

It took me twice as long to get through a rather short AFSA list than it did to dig through Kohl's disorganized undergarment clearance racks, try on 6 items and make a purchase. I had enough time to stop at Goodwill before going to the church. Then on the way home I was blocked at nearly every turn because the Veteran's Day Parade was setting up, which I forgot about.

Just got a text from dh - FIL's blood pressure is very low. They gave him a blood transfusion and now he's getting an echocardiogram.

• Like 2

I'm back! I survived!

It took me twice as long to get through a rather short AFSA list than it did to dig through Kohl's disorganized undergarment clearance racks, try on 6 items and make a purchase. I had enough time to stop at Goodwill before going to the church. Then on the way home I was blocked at nearly every turn because the Veteran's Day Parade was setting up, which I forgot about.

Just got a text from dh - FIL's blood pressure is very low. They gave him a blood transfusion and now he's getting an echocardiogram.

:grouphug: I hope they get it figured out soon.

I'm not sure if that's right. I passed French 2 in my senior year in high school 20+ years ago.

Looks right to me.

Steven King's On Writing is my next book in my 100 books reading list.

How many have you read?

Does turtle taste like chicken?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. I'd say like duck. I've heard it taste like veal, but I've never had veal. Edited by Slache
  • Like 3

Anyone know anything about donating plasma?

My mother used to donate up at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston when I was a kid.  She would be always be drained afterwards, but they loved her plasma so she kept going back. I don't remember much more than that, other than it would take her all day. 

Don't do this. I was sick all the time.

My mother was never sick.

Oh, lookie here.

It's a different strokes for different folks BOOYAH!!

This is the thread that never ends.  It just goes on and on, my friends!

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 4

DH has been waking up hot at night, sweating and complaining about it. I had him turn the thermostat down to just above freezing at night, and reserved my heavier throw for me, because I'll get cold. And after all that, he still gets hot, because he steals my blanket! I yanked it off him once last night, but by the morning, he'd got hold of it again.

• Like 2

Okay, I just read that plasma is collected simultaneously with platelet donation.  I think that's what my mom did.  She gave plasma, and they would extract whatever they needed from that.  I remember her saying there was a machine that separated it all out and then put the rest pack in her body.

• Like 1

:willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: DS has had long hair.  He's been hinting at wanting to buzz it all off, now that he has glasses and the hair gets in his way.  Also, it's hot when he runs around.  He refused a ponytail.  So DH took him today.  They are there right now.  I'm scared for him - what if he hates it?  :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly:

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 3

:willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: DS has had long hair.  He's been hinting at wanting to buzz it all off, now that he has glasses and the hair gets in his way.  Also, it's hot when he runs around.  He refused a ponytail.  So DH took him today.  They are there right now.  I'm scared for him - what if he hates it?  :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly:

You could say, "It will grow back" but that's kind of pouring salt in the wound if he hates it. I lived under a hat for a few weeks after a bad haircut, but I did survive.

• Like 1

:willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: DS has had long hair. He's been hinting at wanting to buzz it all off, now that he has glasses and the hair gets in his way. Also, it's hot when he runs around. He refused a ponytail. So DH took him today. They are there right now. I'm scared for him - what if he hates it? :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly:

It'll grow back!

DH has been waking up hot at night, sweating and complaining about it. I had him turn the thermostat down to just above freezing at night, and reserved my heavier throw for me, because I'll get cold. And after all that, he still gets hot, because he steals my blanket! I yanked it off him once last night, but by the morning, he'd got hold of it again.

That happens to me every night. Except that I doubt your DH is suffering from peri-menopause.
  • Like 5

I hope he likes it! I can never convince DS to cut his shorter. A buzz cut would make me nervous too. Maybe they'll cut it in stages to make sure he's ok with it.

• Like 2