What's with the ads?

#118851 Susan in TN

Susan in TN

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13956 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:58 PM

Ds12 helped me make the pie, and we went a little crazy and spread some caramel on the bottom crust before adding the apples. It turned out great! The other things we brought were a bowl of apples and oranges and BBQ chips. Someone brought a quinoa salad that was quite tasty.

How was the mystery dinner, Jean?

A Booyah of Great Mystery! And Caramel!

Edited by Susan in TN, Yesterday, 08:00 PM.

• Jean in Newcastle, Critterfixer and lanalouwho like this

#118852 Junie

Junie

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6618 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:22 PM

I decided that today would be the day to switch out summer clothes for winter ones.

Each week I have a different child in charge of the kids' laundry.  This week was dd13's turn.  

Dd13 did 9 loads of laundry today!  WILLINGLY!!

After about the sixth load I told her that the rest could wait until next week and someone else would finish it.  She said that she wanted to finish it herself.

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

• Jean in Newcastle, Another Lynn, Susan in TN and 6 others like this

#118853 Slache

Slache

Slache's Schmancy School For Sanctimonious Savages

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21716 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:28 PM

I decided that today would be the day to switch out summer clothes for winter ones.

Each week I have a different child in charge of the kids' laundry. This week was dd13's turn.

Dd13 did 9 loads of laundry today! WILLINGLY!!

After about the sixth load I told her that the rest could wait until next week and someone else would finish it. She said that she wanted to finish it herself.

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Good mama.
  • Susan in TN, Critterfixer and Junie like this

#118854 Susan in TN

Susan in TN

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13956 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:36 PM

I'd like to do this some day:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=5_cbnBak8RI
  • Another Lynn likes this

#118855 Susan in TN

Susan in TN

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13956 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:37 PM

Each week I have a different child in charge of the kids' laundry. This week was dd13's turn.

Dd13 did 9 loads of laundry today! WILLINGLY!!

After about the sixth load I told her that the rest could wait until next week and someone else would finish it. She said that she wanted to finish it herself.

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Give her many hugs and hi-fives from the ITT!
  • Critterfixer and Junie like this

#118856 KrissiK

KrissiK

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13516 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:05 PM

Ds12 helped me make the pie, and we went a little crazy and spread some caramel on the bottom crust before adding the apples. It turned out great! The other things we brought were a bowl of apples and oranges and BBQ chips. Someone brought a quinoa salad that was quite tasty.

How was the mystery dinner, Jean?

A Booyah of Great Mystery! And Caramel!

Oh mercy, that pie sounds yummy!!
  • Susan in TN likes this

#118857 KrissiK

KrissiK

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13516 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:10 PM

I'd like to do this some day:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=5_cbnBak8RI

Oh my word!! That was the best!!!😂
  • Susan in TN likes this

#118858 KrissiK

KrissiK

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13516 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:10 PM

We had chicken noodle soup for dinner. It was quite yummy!!
  • Susan in TN and Junie like this

#118859 KrissiK

KrissiK

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13516 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:37 PM

An hour and a half?? Nobody is taking this thread seriously!

Edited by KrissiK, Yesterday, 10:37 PM.

• Susan in TN likes this

#118860 Jean in Newcastle

Jean in Newcastle

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 65896 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:05 PM

The murder mystery party was a lot of fun. My team won !! My outfit fit in with everyone else too. At the last minute my son convinced me to add a hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jean in Newcastle, Yesterday, 11:51 PM.

• Another Lynn, Susan in TN, KrissiK and 4 others like this

#118861 luuknam

luuknam

Think before you arithmetic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6490 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:08 PM

Nobody is taking this thread seriously!!

An hour and a half?? Nobody is taking this thread seriously!

I finished The Ukrainian and Russian Notebooks (or something along those lines) by Igort. Depressing read, btw. I returned it to the library. I went to the store. I made 'dinner'... cinnamon rolls with buttercream icing, and cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing. In my defense, I at least fed everyone *something*, and at a reasonable hour at that. DW spent 4 hours playing Pandemic with the kids while I did that, and while I put away dishes afterward, and did dishes, and put away dishes, and cleaned up a little.

And now I've been researching the TPMS light on the car and whether it's going to be an issue for inspection, etc (it's not the low tire pressure light... it's a different light). It looks like it should not be an issue for inspection in NY (but, allegedly would be an issue, in say, CT), but since we're planning on putting on 2 more new tires and rotate the remaining two, it probably would make sense to replace the sensors while they're doing that, since it should be trivial, labor-wise, if you're replacing the tires anyway (apparently the batteries of the TPMS thing die after 8 or so years according to the internet, and they're not replaceable... have to replace the entire sensors). That would likely take care of the light (it's a 2009 model, so, odds are it is the batteries of the TPMS sensors). The internet seems to suggest that a set of 4 sensors (one for each tire) is about $160? So, with 2 more new tires, and rotation, I'm guessing $350-$400? 

• Susan in TN and KrissiK like this

#118862 luuknam

luuknam

Think before you arithmetic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6490 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:09 PM

Oh, and I spent some time reading The House Husband, which is less depressing. For one, it's fiction. For two(?), many fewer people die. 

ETA: I haven't finished it yet though, but it's a detective novel or w/e... not comparable to pre-WWII Soviet Union reality.

Edited by luuknam, Yesterday, 11:11 PM.

• Susan in TN likes this

#118863 Spudater

Spudater

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2135 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:28 PM

Oh, and I spent some time reading The House Husband, which is less depressing. For one, it's fiction. For two(?), many fewer people die.

ETA: I haven't finished it yet though, but it's a detective novel or w/e... not comparable to pre-WWII Soviet Union reality.

I think I read that.
  • Susan in TN likes this

#118864 Another Lynn

Another Lynn

From the land of Lynn's Learning Lockdown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9666 posts

Posted Today, 05:49 AM

Each week I have a different child in charge of the kids' laundry.  This week was dd13's turn.  

Dd13 did 9 loads of laundry today!  WILLINGLY!!

After about the sixth load I told her that the rest could wait until next week and someone else would finish it.  She said that she wanted to finish it herself.

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

Does she like to travel?

• Susan in TN, Slache and Junie like this

#118865 Another Lynn

Another Lynn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9666 posts

Posted Today, 05:52 AM

Good Sunday Morning!

12yo ds is home!   :hurray:   Dh picked him up last night.  He got sick on the way home.  

COFFEE..... and all the rest.....

• Susan in TN likes this

#118866 Another Lynn

Another Lynn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9666 posts

Posted Today, 06:34 AM

Ya know, I'm trying to imagine how many hours it takes to do 9 loads of laundry.... 

• Junie likes this

#118867 Slache

Slache

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21716 posts

Posted Today, 06:36 AM

Ya know, I'm trying to imagine how many hours it takes to do 9 loads of laundry....

13 1/2.

Who folds? I would not fold all of that.
  • Junie likes this

#118868 Susan in TN

Susan in TN

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13956 posts

Posted Today, 06:36 AM

Good morning!

Busy day today. Ds12 is playing cello for church services for the first time - we'll see how it goes. I'll be right next to him with the violin so can keep any eye on him. :D Right after the second service we have to drive to The Big City for a cello lesson. Then he has been invited (with the girls) to play at a friend's house for a little while.

Must find Pantz and have some breakfast and

COFFEE!
  • Junie likes this

#118869 Slache

Slache

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21716 posts

Posted Today, 06:43 AM

Good morning!

Busy day today. Ds12 is playing cello for church services for the first time - we'll see how it goes. I'll be right next to him with the violin so can keep any eye on him. :D Right after the second service we have to drive to The Big City for a cello lesson. Then he has been invited (with the girls) to play at a friend's house for a little while.

Must find Pantz and have some breakfast and

COFFEE!

No string instruments in choich. It's unbiblical. Back when Brazilian missionary friend was a minor she played a guitar for a special or whatever you call it when someone sings alone. We had a couple walk out and never return. They had been church members for like 30 years. They go to the legalist church now.