Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!  Another hot day here, but this evening should cool things down nicely.  Looks like my niece's wedding will be upper 60s in temperature, and likely not that much chance of rain.  Lookin' good!

• Like 5

DD13 just dumped instant oatmeal into the water reservoir of our single-cup-at-a-time first-generation Kuerig.   :cursing:

I know she didn't mean to, but sheesh!  That thing is a pain to clean out!  You can't just tip it over and dump it out because of the stupid lip catching it all to keep it in.

I think I want to shop for another option for heating up cups of water for oatmeal, tea, hot chocolate, and the like.  I have her using our tea kettle on the stove this morning, but I'd like an option with a fail-safe.  Dad will be staying with us for a few weeks and I don't know how well he's doing now handling such stuff.  I think I need to look at other select-your-cup-size "coffee" makers, and maybe electric kettles, something that doesn't require remembering there's something on a lit burner.  We all get distracted and forget about stuff like that.

• Like 2

I'd like an electric kettle.

It's cool and humid here this morning. I could smell the rendering plant, and I never smell the rendering plant up here. The air is just that still and damp.

I've got the boys unloading and loading the dishwasher this morning. If they are going to argue, might as well have something to argue about. :D

• Like 6

Good Morning!!🌄

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Too Busy Tuesday!!👎👎👎

Comcast seems to be working, though!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

It was 66 degrees in the house this morning, I turned the furnace on for the first time this season.

• Like 3

Vopo!

Was woken up this morning by Celery that Broccoli's sick. Found Broccoli in the bathroom with vomit on the floor all around the toilet. At least he got closer than Celery did a week or w/e ago...

Which does mean that we've gotten Dutch cartoon, CNN 10, and Ted Ed done already thus far. The last story on CNN 10 is about some frontal collision alarm. It's terrible... made me freeze for a few seconds. Now, the smoke detector also tends to make me freeze for a while, but if the goal of an alarm is to get people to take some action, getting people to freeze is a terrible idea. Maybe I'm weird... but still, even if only, say, 10% of the people freeze for a while, that could be worse than not having the alarm to begin with, no? (Of course, if only 0.01% of people freeze, then the alarm probably would be better than no alarm... doesn't help me though. Not that we're likely to get a car with such an alarm other than maybe while renting a car on vacation or something... our current car doesn't even have power windows or power locks)

Wrt coffee, I use this, but the French Vanilla version (which I don't see on the website). I see some reviews about it being discontinued, but those are from a year or more ago, and I didn't even start drinking it until early this summer, so  :huh:. You'd think they'd want to have all their products listed online. Anyway, I do half water, half milk, and no heating.

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/products/maxwell-house-international-haz-1414.aspx

Also, an easy no-risk-of-forgetting-the-stove solution to heating a cup of water or w/e would be to microwave it. You could put a sticky note on the microwave saying how long you'd need to microwave a cup (or w/e) of water for for visiting elderly parents or kids or whomever else might forget/be unaware. 

• Like 6

((Broccoli )) and ((Luckie)) nothing worse than cleaning up vomit.

It's actually not so bad to clean up... it seems mostly like water (contaminated water, obviously, but, not the chunky yuck stuff I think of when I hear vomit). Unfortunately, he just threw up more of it, this time with a bunch of bile (but, almost entirely in the toilet). I didn't really expect that, since he felt better after the first time and I dunno... Oh well. Guess that absolves me of having to take him to TKD this afternoon. Hm... wondering if I should cancel dentist appt tomorrow (for me and Broccoli). 

• Like 1

Apparently the dentist isn't open till noon on Tuesdays, but I did leave them a message explaining and asking if we could reschedule. Next up, should I reschedule the kids' first violin/guitar lesson (currently planned for 3pm tomorrow)? I'm leaning towards waiting and seeing how he does for the rest of the day... (or at least the next few hours).

It's actually not so bad to clean up... it seems mostly like water (contaminated water, obviously, but, not the chunky yuck stuff I think of when I hear vomit). Unfortunately, he just threw up more of it, this time with a bunch of bile (but, almost entirely in the toilet). I didn't really expect that, since he felt better after the first time and I dunno... Oh well. Guess that absolves me of having to take him to TKD this afternoon. Hm... wondering if I should cancel dentist appt tomorrow (for me and Broccoli). 

Sounds like a plan.

• Like 1

Dd11 is heartbroken because she seems to have lost "Soccer", her beloved sock puppet of 2 days. She's made a math tent for herself with a throw blanket and will only respond in low grunting sobs. Sigh. I think these low pressure systems really mess with her.

I suspect that laughing and snorting out loud is not the appropriate response to this.

I may have a confession to make...

• Like 9

Good Morning!

I've been busy homeschooling, unpacking, and cleaning bathrooms.  

And I've got about 2 minutes until my 3 high schoolers arrive for their Sign Language class.

ETA:  It's a getting things done Booyah!!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 7

I have been reading this cloak and dagger spy novel set on the border of China and North Korea. I got halfway through the book before giving up on it last night. I expected it to be confusing at first but when I was just as confused at the halfway point, I decided to throw in the towel. This probably means that I wouldn’t make a good ðŸ•µï¸ spy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Dd11 is heartbroken because she seems to have lost "Soccer", her beloved sock puppet of 2 days. She's made a math tent for herself with a throw blanket and will only respond in low grunting sobs. Sigh. I think these low pressure systems really mess with her.

I suspect that laughing and snorting out loud is not the appropriate response to this.

I may have a confession to make...

Zero days since last inappropriate incident.

(:D That was my reaction, too.)

I kind of chuckled, too. But in a "that's sweet, poor thing" sort of way. But the Math Tent idea.... That's awesome!!
  • Like 5

I have been reading this cloak and dagger spy novel set on the border of China and North Korea. I got halfway through the book before giving up on it last night. I expected it to be confusing at first but when I was just as confused at the halfway point, I decided to throw in the towel. This probably means that I wouldn’t make a good ðŸ•µï¸ spy.

I love spy biographies, myself. I hate confusing books.
  • Like 4

Ugh. Dh just came in to say that he had a flat tire. He put on the spare but I have to get the tire fixed today.

I 'liked" this, but only in a supportive type of like. Not that I like flat tires. or having to get them fixed.

• Like 2

Ugh. Dh just came in to say that he had a flat tire. He put on the spare but I have to get the tire fixed today.

:grouphug:

Ds at college has a flat tire too.  He texted last night.  I think dh is going to go up Friday to help him get a new one without missing class.  Since dh is able to go, I think this is better than having him drive home on a spare which may or may not be interstate worthy and trying to fix it during Thanksgiving week, which sounds like a chaos inducing task.  

• Like 4

:grouphug:

Ds at college has a flat tire too.  He texted last night.  I think dh is going to go up Friday to help him get a new one without missing class.  Since dh is able to go, I think this is better than having him drive home on a spare which may or may not be interstate worthy and trying to fix it during Thanksgiving week, which sounds like a chaos inducing task.  

Double ugh.  Your dh is a good man. 

• Like 4

Next week is our last art class. We are going to do a still life with a really interesting basket I have and various autumn-themed items, depending on what the teacher and I can find whilst shopping this weekend.

I've asked the boys to draw a picture to give her next week, and I think I'm going to do a horse drawing for her.

• Like 5

Ladies, I could use some help/advice/insight.

Yia Yia is fading fast. DH should be there in a few hours.  My question is wrt DD. IF (and it's an IF) it looks like we will have a couple more days in which meaningful interaction is possible, 1) should I fly DD there tomorrow and 2) do you have suggestions for her as to what to say/how to act?  I know that you can't give me specifics because you don't know her, but and general advice or things to consider would be very appreciated.  She wants to go.

Yia Yia is fading fast. DH should be there in a few hours. My question is wrt DD. IF (and it's an IF) it looks like we will have a couple more days in which meaningful interaction is possible, 1) should I fly DD there tomorrow and 2) do you have suggestions for her as to what to say/how to act? I know that you can't give me specifics because you don't know her, but and general advice or things to consider would be very appreciated. She wants to go.

I will never forgive my mom for not letting me say goodbye to my grandmother. Take her.
  • Like 5

Yia Yia is fading fast. DH should be there in a few hours.  My question is wrt DD. IF (and it's an IF) it looks like we will have a couple more days in which meaningful interaction is possible, 1) should I fly DD there tomorrow and 2) do you have suggestions for her as to what to say/how to act?  I know that you can't give me specifics because you don't know her, but and general advice or things to consider would be very appreciated.  She wants to go.

If she wants to go and it is possible, then I would fly her there.  It can bring her some needed closure.  What to say and do?  When my dad was dying, ds and I sang some hymns to him.  Or you can read something.  We also just spent some time talking about our lives, which sounds a bit weird but it was actually distracting for my dad and comforting in a way for him to just see and be with the grandkids. 

Note:  actual death throes (death rattle, movement even after death etc. can be very disturbing.  It was for me, and I'm an adult. 

Dd also was able to take care of some last minute things for my dad that were really on his mind.  So dd and dh went off to take care of them and being able to physically do something for him helped dd.  And it helped my dad because it was something that was really weighing on his mind and having that taken care of made it easier for him to let go. 

• Like 4