Menu

Ignore this thread!

Found out today in Sunday School that a guy I grew up with was found dead by the side of a road out in the country in a neighboring town. There was no signs of foul play, so they're awaiting the autopsy. I had a high school graduating class of 68 people and 10% have died prematurely, two before we even graduated high school.

Oh no! So sad for the family and community! :(

Ketchupped. I finished Stranger Things 2 and Riverdale, we went to a trampoline place and Roy Rogers (DS can eat three whole things there!!) and I gymed. We also did VT. TWD is on later.

Trying to avoid the news. :crying:

OK, all this talk about Stranger Things.... I guess I may have to try it.

But right now I am printing out the kids' schedules for the coming week.

Derek plays at 5:30. The Raiders are in the cellar. But I still love Derek. He's a local boy, was QB for Fresno State (as was his brother David) and they have hilarious commercials together for the local credit union.

• Like 3

I make mine chunky. I just cook it really good until the apples break down. I may put my potato smasher in there a minute, but I like chunks. I think commercial applesauce has water in it because homemade seems so much more substantial.

Ingredients: apples, water, ascorbic acid (vitamin C) for color. On the jars of chunky unsweetened applesauce I have. #teamchunky

• Like 1

OK, all this talk about Stranger Things.... I guess I may have to try it.

But right now I am printing out the kids' schedules for the coming week.

Derek plays at 5:30. The Raiders are in the cellar. But I still love Derek. He's a local boy, was QB for Fresno State (as was his brother David) and they have hilarious commercials together for the local credit union.

Yes, you have to watch it. You and I are those boys. Well, not really, but we were their age in the 80's when the story takes place. You'll like it. :)

• Like 2

Okay. I cleared 10K on my NaNo project, and read both Cadfael books today. Walking dogs and cooking is next, then a little editing and some planning work. Which I should have done earlier today, but I wanted to write instead. :D

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:   Go, Critter, go!

• Like 1

My trees are brown or have lost their leaves. The ground, however, is a carpet of yellow, red, orange, green and rust.

Down here the trees keep their leaves through most of the winter.  Some of them turn a little less green, and a few non-native plants turn red.  Other than that we are pretty much green, green, green.

• Like 1

Found out today in Sunday School that a guy I grew up with was found dead by the side of a road out in the country in a neighboring town. There was no signs of foul play, so they're awaiting the autopsy. I had a high school graduating class of 68 people and 10% have died prematurely, two before we even graduated high school.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Oh, and it was really great to meet up with Ikslo (again!).  And I got to meet her sweet ninja!

It was amazing that we got to meet up.  I was driving hither and yon in Pennsylvania.  I was taking a driving break and called Ikslo to see if we *might* be able to meet up while I was in her state.  She happened to be 5 minutes away.   :party:

And Ikslo's friend thought that I was her sister.  :)

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 1

Ketchupped. I finished Stranger Things 2 and Riverdale, we went to a trampoline place and Roy Rogers (DS can eat three whole things there!!) and I gymed. We also did VT. TWD is on later.

Trying to avoid the news. :crying:

I haven't seen any news all weekend, and our local morning news isn't good about reporting things out of our area unless they are big news somehow.  Did something happen?

I succumbed to the allure of the magic screen on the wall, and Amazon Prime videos.  I found a somewhat dark yet hypnotic show called Fortitude and am now rather hooked.  Can't watch it with the girls in the room however; some full-frontal nudity and an overly strong fondness for one expletive.  I didn't chase DD16 out of the room when she joined me, but I stopped at the end of that episode and told her I won't watch others with either her or her sister present.

Just finished the seventh inning of Baseball. The Dodgers just moved to Los Angeles. The boys have really enjoyed the documentaries, and so have I. They open each installment with a little bit of what was happening in the world at the time, making it kind of a capsular history. And now the boys have a deeper appreciation for Casey at the Bat (our literature selection this week), where it came from, the time it was popular and all that jazz.

• Like 2