Menu

Ignore this thread!

With what in them?  I'm seriously whining here.  I just finished a rotisserie chicken so I can't get away with that again this week.  I didn't even cook last night.  I have no leftovers. 

Do you have any meat, veg, or beans in the house? Or even eggs + sauce? What I love about rice bowls is that you can scrounge around with whatever ingredients you have.

• Like 1

One snapping turtle is making a really good case for soup tonight. :glare:

What should I make for dinner tonight? 

Hmm, now if the order of these two posts was just reversed....

:scared:

• Like 6

With what in them?  I'm seriously whining here.  I just finished a rotisserie chicken so I can't get away with that again this week.  I didn't even cook last night.  I have no leftovers. 

How about a fend-for-yourself night?

I made GF chicken strips from scratch. My kitchen is kind of a mess, but the big cleaning day for the kitchen is tomorrow. All will be well.

Yesterday was our forage-through-the-wild-pantry evening this week.  Tonight is the third night in less than a week we are having burgers, because that is what I have thawed and my knee won't cooperate for cooking up the burger into something else.  I formed patties, and conscripted DD16 to grill them.

I even have some lettuce, sliced tomato, and sliced onion left over from the burgers two nights ago.

• Like 2

I wonder if the broccoli salad at the Safeway deli is gluten free? 

According to this list* it is not.  If you scroll a ways down it has a list of their gluten free deli items.

*I have no idea how accurate this list is or how old it is.

ETA:  ACK!  I just realized I got a Booyah post 3 1/2 hours ago!  So Sorry!  

Edited by Junie
  • Like 1

On the plus side DH doesn't have to be gone all week next week after all.

My doctor's office just called to ask if I would like to move my appointment from noon:30 to earlier.  I have reshuffled my plan for the day accordingly.

I also just finished typing up all of my BP readings since the last visit, in the format he likes.

I am now grumpy and cutting corners shamelessly on feeding everyone tonight.  Oh, and DD13 bowed out of Aikido tonight.  She's feeling very off kilter.  Between girl issues and a very discernible growth spurt I'm not surprised.  Makes me kind of glad I didn't take them shopping Monday for wedding outfits -- she would have outgrown hers.

• Like 4

I'm super stressed at the moment.  For some reason the laser shows that were showing at the science center for tomorrow when I looked just two days ago aren't showing any more.  And dd is giving me grief over giving up her time at the Y to go to the show.  I am determined to take her to a show.  It is really important that we try to trigger symptoms while she's wearing the monitor even if her social life suffers for one weekend. 

• Like 1

I'm super stressed at the moment.  For some reason the laser shows that were showing at the science center for tomorrow when I looked just two days ago aren't showing any more.  And dd is giving me grief over giving up her time at the Y to go to the show.  I am determined to take her to a show.  It is really important that we try to trigger symptoms while she's wearing the monitor even if her social life suffers for one weekend. 

Ohhhhh. 

I couldn't figure out why the laser light show was so important.  Now I get it.  I would call the science center and find out.  Maybe the shows are sold out?

Also, if the shows aren't available, would an action movie in a theater trigger the response you're trying to get?

:grouphug:

• Like 1

Ohhhhh. 

I couldn't figure out why the laser light show was so important.  Now I get it.  I would call the science center and find out.  Maybe the shows are sold out?

Also, if the shows aren't available, would an action movie in a theater trigger the response you're trying to get?

It appears that the matinees show up on mobile view but not the laptop because the mobile version was not updated from the summer schedule.  :mad:   So I am going to risk energy Russian roulette and we are going to an 8 pm show tomorrow night.  Fortunately the boys were be gone so I don't have to consider feeding them.  The laser show will be Fleetwood Mac.  :001_tt1:

• Like 4

Do you ever feel like you've read everything worth reading? I need a new book, but nothing looks good.

I didn't cook dinner tonight. I heated up a can of soup, but that's it. And I'm already trying to figure out a way to get a cheater meal for tomorrow too.

My house is never clean. I'm okay with it.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Do you ever feel like you've read everything worth reading? I need a new book, but nothing looks good.

I didn't cook dinner tonight. I heated up a can of soup, but that's it. And I'm already trying to figure out a way to get a cheater meal for tomorrow too.

What book genres do you like?

Not that I've read everything worth reading, but it's a lot harder for me to immerse myself in a book these days. I don't know if it's the fact that half of my mind is engaged in something else whenever I have time to rest.

We will be eating leftovers for the next three days.

Parts of my house are clean because I cleaned them yesterday. Other parts will be clean tomorrow after I clean them. For a little bit.

I'm tired. I ought to go shower and get to bed, but I want to finish the read through on this chapter one more time before I sleep.

• Like 2

What book genres do you like?

Fantasy, adventure, mystery, thriller type stuff. I'm not opposed to some good historical fiction or even YA stuff. But for some reason, everything on Overdrive seems poorly written and not engaging. I need engaging. This is my escape from reality.

Fantasy, adventure, mystery, thriller type stuff. I'm not opposed to some good historical fiction or even YA stuff. But for some reason, everything on Overdrive seems poorly written and not engaging. I need engaging. This is my escape from reality.

Cadfael mysteries by Ellis Peters.

The Cat Who mysteries by Lillian Jackson Braun

• Like 2

I woke up from my nap yesterday with the beginnings of a cold. It's hitting full force today.

Currently:

diffusing Thieves like the plague is at the door

eating soup with enough garlic to kill a vampire

using SinuOregano (a sinus spray with oregano oil - it makes you wish you were dead)

What else can I do to kill this thing? With my teaching job, I really can't cancel and I really need this to be short lived.

**Basically, if I don't kill this thing, it's going to drop to my chest and turn into bronchitis. Happens all the time and there is no time for that. So, I need to have that not happen.

It was Bourbon that finally killed mine. :leaving:

• Like 6

This is not a suggestion, Slache but a sharing of what I do for dishes during bad chronic illness times.  It takes me 15 minutes to unload and load the dishwasher.  I can do anything for 5 minutes.  So 3 5 minute sessions.  (It takes less time if the kids help).

Yeah, my back is the problem. I don't have that much housework to do but if we take all of mine and pile it on top of Matt we've got a problem.

• Like 1

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Does the ENB need to suddenly break into her room in the middle of the night and start stomping around?  I'm sure that will trigger something....

• Like 1

Authors I like, in case you'd care to give any of them a try:

Terry Pratchett

Jasper Fforde (try The Big Over Easy)

Martha Grimes

Tony Hillerman (his daughter Anne Hillerman is continuing some of his characters)

J. A. Jance

and of course, anything Charles Dickens, Robert Louis Stevenson, or Kipling!

Oh, and I can't remember the authors names, but try to find:

The Ship That Flew

A Patchwork Child

Silly me, don't forget Emily Dickenson!  James Herriot is good, too.

Edited by AMJ

Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time series.

Isak Dinesen's Out of Africa.

I resisted reading Maya Angelou for many a year.  Turns out I was right to do so.  When I finally got around to reading I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings I was able to handle it.  Back when Mom gave me her books I wouldn't have been able to handle it.  Good book, but very tough to read.

James Michener is another good read.  I'm forgetting the author again (Colleen McCullough?), but the First Man of Rome books are good.

There are also some mysteries set in ancient Rome.  I can't recall the author or the main character's names, but the books were enjoyable.

David and Leigh Eddings are a husband and wife pair that authored a bunch of books.  Two series of theirs I especially enjoyed were the Belgariad series (starts with Pawn of Prophecy) and the Mallorian series (takes up where the Belgariad series leaves off).

Any birthday gift ideas for a 7 year old boy?

Mine only wants Lego, superheroes, and Lego superheroes. His interests haven't changed in....well, ever. Although, I think I can add Sonic the Hedgehog to that list now.

Does he have an awesome train set? Art supplies? A remote-controlled car? 

And I need breakfast birthday party ideas.

A stack of donuts instead of cake. Or a big stack of pancakes, and you can hollow out the middle and put in sprinkles or candy or something else edible and confetti-like. Streamers across his door and fill the room with balloons while he's sleeping. Or a trail of balloons with a little surprise in each one. I love birthdays.

• Like 4

Paige. Oh KALE no.

I find never getting out of pjs and sporting a haggard, distracted look gives relatives a more realistic idea of my post partum capabilities.

You already know what you are making for Thanksgiving. Milk. For the baby. Everyone else can figure out the other stuff.

:001_wub:

We used to fit 40-50 people in my grandma’s house at Thanksgiving. We always grabbed dinner and dessert at the same time bc it was such a chore to weave your way back through the crowd. The first homeschool potluck I went to I unthinkingly did the same. The organizer made some rather huffy comments in her “welcoming address†about how SOME people had already started on dessert. Ok then, didn’t realize other families don’t do that. Also last homeschool potluck.

:laugh:

It appears that the matinees show up on mobile view but not the laptop because the mobile version was not updated from the summer schedule.  :mad:   So I am going to risk energy Russian roulette and we are going to an 8 pm show tomorrow night.  Fortunately the boys were be gone so I don't have to consider feeding them.  The laser show will be Fleetwood Mac.  :001_tt1:

:thumbup1:

Yeah, my back is the problem. I don't have that much housework to do but if we take all of mine and pile it on top of Matt we've got a problem.

• Like 1