Menu

Ignore this thread!

Perhaps?!?!? Why, without question! 

Absolutely.  If you can't, Critter will grab you a second pair of bunnies.

I teach sleep in a very short flannel robe too.  With a long fuzzy robe over top.  

:hurray:  :hurray:

I would wear my short flannel robes a lot more often if the weather down here would just cooperate.  I only get to wear them a few times each winter.

• Like 1

We are having a frustrating morning.  Yesterday DD13 was dragging quite a bit from girl issues, and DD16 was feeling uncoordinated, and my knee was uncooperative.  We did no Zumba, no ballet, no Aikido.  Unfortunately the kids have gotten sucked into a TV show I thought they wouldn't like, so they kept me company while I put my knee up and lounged on the couch.  We forgot about all of the things and did none of the things after class time.

Now this morning my knee is still misbehaving, and all three of us are dealing with yesterday's leftover necessaries.  *sigh*

I may also have to have a word with DH about what is effective and what is not.  He gets home and goes and does his own thing out in the garage, working with large and noisy stuff, and then he tells DD16 that until she gets with him over TWO math lessons she can't have any electronic entertainment.  He wants HER to drive her math, coming to him when she has stuff for him to check or needs help with something, and yet she is unclear on whether he is available when he's running things out in the garage.

DD13 has loaded up the rest of last night's dishes, and is now scrubbing the pots and pans people have left while my knee has been uncooperative.   :001_wub:   DD16 is getting her shower now.  She had to wait her turn so she might run out of hot water, but she and I struggled through the confusing and very tiny print instructions for her alarm clock and got the alarms set and tested.   :001_wub:   It's a hand-me-down clock from DH, and he didn't help her set it up at all, figuring he'd just hand her the instructions and call it good.  

• Like 2

No. Words. :svengo:

I know, right? Growing up, I wouldn't even throw on a jacket when I went to go break up ice in the horse's water tank in the morning (back in ye olden days before my parents bought a tank heater). 

Personally, I find that I do want a jacket now when it gets down into the low 50s.  I've become wimpy.  (But I've been living in 100F weather since April.)

• Like 2

I don't know how cold it was here this morning. Not cold enough for frost yet, but my breath was freezing and the dogs were extra frisky, and the young cat is trying to cross rooms using furniture only because she has issues with cold toes. My favorite cat would never have left the covers until somebody made a fire. I have a feeling that this young one has similar sentiments this morning.

Time for caffeine and a spot of editing to start the day.

• Like 4

Church bonfire potluck - what kind of side dish would you bring? (Something in addition to pie.)

Mashed potatoes

Green bean casserole (cut down on the liquid and you can crockpot it, bring the crispy onions to sprinkle on after dishing out a serving)

wild rice casserole (my personal favorite!)

waldorf salad

potato salad

"finger salad" -- raw veggies, olives, pickles, maybe some dip

• Like 1

Good Morning.

I went to bed early and then didn't get to sleep until nearly 3 a.m.   :glare:

I bought chocolate Lucky Charms at the grocery store yesterday since I recently found out that they are *probably* gluten free.  Now the dc want my cereal.  But the dc can't have my cereal because some of them are allergic to Red #40.  I bought one box to give myself a treat (marshmallows!) and it is going to turn into a fiasco.

I can't believe it's Wednesday already.  I think I missed something.

My random musings aren't as poetic as CritterFixer's.  :)

• Like 4

I bought chocolate Lucky Charms at the grocery store yesterday since I recently found out that they are *probably* gluten free. Now the dc want my cereal. But the dc can't have my cereal because some of them are allergic to Red #40. I bought one box to give myself a treat (marshmallows!) and it is going to turn into a fiasco.

:)

This sounds exactly like something that would happen at my house.😩😩

Sorry about the insomnia!!💤😩

And this is a Hugs for Junie Booya/h!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

Good Morning.

I bought chocolate Lucky Charms at the grocery store yesterday since I recently found out that they are *probably* gluten free.  Now the dc want my cereal.  But the dc can't have my cereal because some of them are allergic to Red #40.  I bought one box to give myself a treat (marshmallows!) and it is going to turn into a fiasco.

I can't believe it's Wednesday,

Monday jumped me first,

Tuesday was a whirlwind,

And Thursday I'll be cursed,

To forget it's only Friday,

But Saturday's the worst,

That day I'll think it's Sunday,

And get my bubble burst.

ETA: Random Musings

(aka I need breakfast and more caffeine before I poet)

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 7

Good Morning.

Duct tape.  Because my other solution would be overkill.  So to speak.

• Like 6

I can't believe it's Wednesday,

Monday jumped me first,

Tuesday was a whirlwind,

To forget it's only Friday,

But Saturday's the worst,

That day I'll think it's Sunday,

And get my bubble burst.

ETA: Random Musings

(aka I need breakfast and more caffeine before I poet)

I'd switch up Saturday and Sunday, for me.  Because I hate Sundays (knowing I have to go back to work the next day) and always wish it was Saturday:

To know it's not yet Friday,

But Sunday's the worst,

That day I'll think it's Saturday,

And get my bubble burst.

• Like 1

Good Morning.

Hide in the bathroom to eat it.  Or a closet.  A closet would be better because eating in the bathroom is :ack2:

• Like 4

Slache, I think you have convinced me to try quinoa. I am proud of myself for remembering how to spell it.

Also, I think all y'all have convinced me that I would like having a kitteh. (Can't happen because of allergies, but still...)

http://damndelicious.net/2014/04/09/one-pan-mexican-quinoa/

https://www.theendlessmeal.com/autumn-quinoa-salad/

Church bonfire potluck - what kind of side dish would you bring? (Something in addition to pie.)

Something healthy like roasted vegetables and herbs.

• Like 2