Menu

Ignore this thread!

So we are mostly taking the day off tomorrow except for music practice and some things dd14 needs to do for tutorial and music lesson and children's choir in the afternoon. Dh has the day off and wants me to help him find some shoes for his birthday after he goes into the office to do some work while it's quiet.

Oh, and for his 50th birthday, ds22 is coming home and we will pick up dd19 at the university and then head to a state park near her school that has some hiking trails and canoes and kayaks and peddleboats to rent. We'll have a picnic lunch and then have dinner somewhere in the university town - probably Cracker Barrel. Because bacon.

Here's a fun song to learn this week:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pfGWTiNN83E

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Susan's DH!!!!  Happy 5-0!

:party:  :party:

• Like 1

Well, isn't that a co-inky-dink! Today is my DH's 50th birthday. We went out for dinner (with the kids) at our favorite Mexican restaurant. I made him a berry pie for dessert last night.

Happy Birthday, Krissi's DH!!!!  Happy 5-0!!!! 

:party:  :party:

• Like 1

It's raining, it's pouring, and I don't really remember how this rhyme goes. Broccoli is at camp. Celery is rambling about how peaceful and quiet it is here without Broccoli. For him (no, really, he added the "for him" part himself). DW was telling me last night that Broccoli is over his peak tantrumminess. I told her I'm going to need more time to believe that, but he has been doing better the last few days. Still, it'll be nice to have guaranteed no tantrums until 4pm. 

• Like 4

It's raining, it's pouring, and I don't really remember how this rhyme goes. Broccoli is at camp. Celery is rambling about how peaceful and quiet it is here without Broccoli. For him (no, really, he added the "for him" part himself). DW was telling me last night that Broccoli is over his peak tantrumminess. I told her I'm going to need more time to believe that, but he has been doing better the last few days. Still, it'll be nice to have guaranteed no tantrums until 4pm.

It's raining

It's pouring

The old man is snoring

He fell out of bed

And bumped his head

And couldn't get up in the morning!!

• Like 1

I think I'm going to try to talk DH into a trip to the mountains soon. None of us like long drives, but I want to go somewhere & we've never been.

If you have the time and can plan accordingly you can see what short stops (a couple hours or so) along the way might be tempting.  That could cut up the long-driviness of the trip.

I hope you get a fun and enjoyable trip!

• Like 1

Good morning. Tomorrow will be at least a half day off for the pediatric cardiologist. All our "vacations " revolve around doctor appointments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:   Fingers crossed for the next round of let's-figure-this-all-out.

• Like 3

I scrubbed and washed the outside of Bunny, my truck.  She is a happier Bunny, now that those pesky dead bugs are out of her nose and whiskers.  I have had a good workout yesterday, paddling for a few hours, and another one today, reaching and scrubbing and hosing and toweling.  I'm bushed.  I got DD13 to move laundry for me while I took another shower and got into clean clothes.

Now I need to think about lunch and supper.  I'm so wobbly I would rather just order delivery from a restaurant, but I have a fridge and freezer stuffed with food so we really should eat some of that.

Okay, first a drink of water and dealing with a dinging dryer, then figure out lunch.  I have the next 3 things to do figured out.  Ready, set, go.

Go.

Ahem, Self, you actually have to get out of the chair in order to go.  Rolly chairs don't go up stairs well.  Go, on, get UP.  Good girl.  Now go.

• Like 2

The doctor wants my baby delivered in the next day or two because he hasn't grown much. Nothing seems wrong- fluid is good, activity level is good, placenta looks like it's getting blood...but he hasn't grown much since last month and he was small last month. 

I'm ambivalent. On the one hand, I'm pretty sure everything is normal and I just make small babies. ALL my kids have been SGA and I'm a small person. He's estimated to be bigger than DD who was born around this time. Inductions can by no fun. And I have stuff to do this week: I have an IEP meeting, puppy's last week of her doggy class, and my washer to be delivered!

On the other hand, I'm tired of being pregnant, cranky, and happy to kick him out, and I am an older mom this time, so maybe something is wrong. Baby is smaller than DS; maybe I should compare boy to boy. The doctor even said she thinks everything is probably fine, but that with my age and thyroid, and because I've been sick, she doesn't want to take any chances. 

Oh- and it's my birthday week- I didn't want to have baby on my birthday! And if we schedule it, that means family may be able to make it in time. (And I don't want them in the hospital). Maybe I should just try to do it today since the kids are off school, DH is off work, and there's no time for people to make travel plans. 

• Like 7

Dd6 has been throwing up so we’re doing the bare minimu for the other kids and hoping this is mild food poisoning rather than flu. ðŸ™ðŸ»ðŸ¤žðŸ»

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Lots of fluids if you suspect food poisoning, especially if it's both ends!  My husband got dehydrated quickly when he got food poisoning.  It lasted  over a week and was horrible.  Personally, I would rather have the flu.

((Paige)) hope it all goes well. I wish I lived close to you and could bring your family a meal or something.

I was actually thinking the same thing.  Paige mentioned last week that we are "regional neighbors"; that could mean that she's 2 or 3 hours away, though.   :glare:

• Like 1

I'm sitting in the Raleigh-Durham airport. I think I was supposed to try to meet someone today, but I have forgotten who. :crying: Had to check out of my hotel at 11, but my flight doesn't leave until 6:30. You see my plight. :blink: I get free wifi for 45 minutes at a time. Finished my book (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban) a couple of nights ago, but I brought the Philosopher's Stone because I'm taking notes, sort of my own index. Yes, this is what empty-nester, former-homeschool-moms do when they want to keep busy but aren't smart enough to write books or do blogs or something.

:biggrinjester:

Also, I'm logged into FB on my cell phone but not on this  computer. I thought I knew the password but apparently I do not. #firstworldproblems

On this trip, I met up with a couple of Internet friends (including Junie); acquired copies of my mother's marriage and divorce certs; hugged the necks of a couple of my mother's first cousins (so, my first-cousins-once-removed) with whom she was close when she was alive (their mothers were sisters); found out that a woman I went to school with, whom we have been unable to find for the last 50 years, died a couple of years ago and that her family knows no details at all about her life for the last 40 years; and connected with a high school chum I haven't seen in, oh, 40 years. I also spent time with a sister I haven't seen in almost 40 years (because long sad tragic family story).

It was a good trip. :001_wub:

• Like 10

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Monday!!😩😩😩😩😩

I stepped on the scale this morning. I gained 3.5 lbs. last week. How does that happen?.😩😩😩😩😩 unless AF is coming (but I l have been noticing in the mirror that I am looking chubbier), but she's so hit-and-miss with peri. I haven't seen her since July. I had already decided to start WW with the ap. I ran into a gf of mine yesterday at church, she's a year older than me and had always struggled with her weight. And I tell you, I didn't even recognize her (and I see her at church all the time). She said she was doing WW. So, I decided that since I was burned out on the "Happy Hormones, Slim Belly" thing, I need to try something different.

Booya/h.

I lost about 25lb through WW, but I went to the meetings. I am at goal weight. Yay me. This vacation has been tough; I've had to just go by portion size, as hardly anyone I've spent time with eats anything that isn't heavy carbs hence lotsa points.I'm looking forward to being home and eating more fruits and veggies and fewer fried foods.

• Like 5

We watched The Lion, about a kid who at 5yo accidentally gets on a train to Calcutta (which is over a 1000 miles away), and can't tell anybody there where he's from (he knows his first name and the name of his tiny village, but not what part of India that village is in or w/e). He eventually finds his village 25 years later using Google Earth. Crazy, and makes me very thankful that my kids are old enough to be able to say their full names, spell their address, know DW's phone number, and, of course, that we have a lot more money and technology than India did in 1986.

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 4

They want me to come in tonight at 8pm. If it's favorable, they'll induce right away. If I don't look like I'm ready for anything, they'll do cervidil overnight and then try inducing in the morning. I'm eating a bowl of mango, kiwi, and pineapple to try to help! Wish me luck. Hopefully since it's my 5th, my body will cooperate right away. 

• Like 9

They want me to come in tonight at 8pm. If it's favorable, they'll induce right away. If I don't look like I'm ready for anything, they'll do cervidil overnight and then try inducing in the morning. I'm eating a bowl of mango, kiwi, and pineapple to try to help! Wish me luck. Hopefully since it's my 5th, my body will cooperate right away.

Best wishes and prayers, Paige!!! Yay for another ITT baby!!! We're all going to be Aunties again!! Alex gets a cousin!!
  • Like 6