Menu

Ignore this thread!

The hand/foot eczema I get is primarily between my fingers and on my palms. Apparently, stress and/or allergies get it going. It's nearly always stress for me.

The gluten ones were quite different. They would start as plaques of edema and severe itching--like hives but oh, so much more impossible to ignore. Benedryl was never very effective. So I would scratch. Cue nasty, flat scabs that took forever to heal, and sometimes they would break out with more itching.

These were almost never on my hands. I don't remember ever having any on my arms either.

• Like 1

The 1987 one? It looks like they are making a remake, to be released in 2018.

I have no idea if this is true or not, but someone told me the remake is going to do the gender swap thing. Like, it'll be her house and kids and he'll be the one that's gone overboard...

I don't like it.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dh and I had a long talk about dd's continuing health issues. He wants to come to the ped. cardiologist on Tuesday.

Also - I put dd's skin symptoms in the WebMD symptom tracker - hives that go to blisters that weep and bleed and then turn to scabs that then leave white patches (loss of pigmentation) on her skin. It came up with anthrax. Hmmm. I'm confident that she doesn't have anthrax. (We initially thought that it was a celiac rash but this has started happening after going strictly gluten free. Plus it doesn't look like any of the pictures online of a celiac rash. )

:grouphug:

• Like 1

I have no idea if this is true or not, but someone told me the remake is going to do the gender swap thing. Like, it'll be her house and kids and he'll be the one that's gone overboard...

I don't like it.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Boo.

First they Ruin The Parent Trap, now this.

• Like 4

I've had those itchy, weepy blisters on my hands, too, and entirely due to massive stress. A doctor I saw about it called it eczema, but I'm not sure if it was. The ointment he had prescribed back then helped a little, but it took resolving the sources of the stress to make the blisters stop.

Dd19 had this issue for a long time. It was much much better when she stopped eating gluten and dairy. However, she has been eating pretty "normal" since being at college and said she has not had any problems with her hands, even with all the stress. I am wondering if there is something in our house that she's allergic to.

Boo for the Eczema Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you!

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 7

I did the kitchen.

I'm thinking of giving up grains and dairy completely. I feel so good when I'm fasting (like when I was on Whole30) and then once I eat I go downhill fast. I don't think it's *that* I'm eating, but *what* I'm eating. I've always said that we can't afford to eat that way, but maybe we can afford for me to eat that way. Especially if I only do it once a day.

• Like 2

Baby info.

No news is good new? I hope. He would be 10 weeks early if born today, apparently. This woman is the godmother of our children. Remember when I said I've had two best friends, one moved to Brazil and one to New York. She's in New York.

• Like 7

(((EP, Jean and Mr. Jean)))  I hope he is able to go to her appointment!!

Slache - glad to hear nothing different and to know she's 10 weeks from due date.  Hope they're able to buy her a little more time!

My db and dsil had their 2nd baby a few days ago, a little girl.  (Their first is a boy who turned 1 in August!)  Things are going well, except for a bit of jaundice which they've gone into the doctor to test.  I think she's a little stressed, so I hope they either get good news or send her home with a bili-blanket.  Running into the dr. every day or so for another check is not a good way to have good nursing sessions, as I recall.   :D

• Like 6

I've been a zombie with a cold all week. I did get lots of school planning done today (I think I put in a full 8 hours!), but the one time I got up and tried to do housework I got winded. I hate when colds settle in one's chest. 😩🤧😷

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 3

I've been a zombie with a cold all week. I did get lots of school planning done today (I think I put on a full 8 hours!), but the one time I got up and tried to do housework I got winded. I hate when colds settle in one's chest. 😩🤧😷

Just don't let it invite a friend to keep it company. I'm still coughing.

• Like 2

Just don't let it invite a friend to keep it company. I'm still coughing.

I'm trying hard not to. I definitely think you have it worse than me ( :grouphug: ). I didn't take any meds today which may be why I am noticing my diminished breathing function, but I just hate being drugged up all the time. I tried to go off it at night first and ended up hacking so loudly I relented so as to not keep the boys up.

• Like 3

I'm trying hard not to. I definitely think you have it worse than me ( :grouphug: ). I didn't take any meds today which may be why I am noticing my diminished breathing function, but I just hate being drugged up all the time. I tried to go off it at night first and ended up hacking so loudly I relented so as to not keep the boys up.

It's certainly misery. My neck is sore from coughing. I joked that I would have to have a massage when it's all over just to undo all the knots in my neck, back and shoulders from coughing. Now I'm not sure that's a joke.

• Like 5

Pie on the Mind

I think that I shall never spy,

Dessert as lovely as a pie,

Berry, custard, nut or fruit,

Any one of those would suit.

Topped off with gobs of sweet whipped cream,

Or ice cream, makes a tasty dream,

Of pie,

Sweet pie.

Oh, pie,

I’ll try....

I find it so hard to resist,

And serve it up all on a dish,

Alas, I’ll wait, although it’s tough,

It hasn’t yet set up enough.

Random Musings

• Like 7

Pie on the Mind

Of pie,

Sweet pie.

Oh, pie,

I’ll try....

Random Musings

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

• Like 1

Pie on the Mind

Of pie,

Sweet pie.

Oh, pie,

I’ll try....

Random Musings

💗

• Like 1

(((Critter)))

(((ikslo)))

(((All the Newcastles)))

Quacker’s Querulous Questers

Bingo. 

(shhh.....I had to look up querulous....)

DD16 asked a few years ago to be allowed to do her own, so that Mom would stop calling her to come put (folded and hung) clothes away.  Now she does her laundry, but gets the nagging when she doesn't fold and hang her clothes and put them away.

I had been doing DD13's clothes with mine for exactly the reason you list above.  Then I decided she can fold and hang her own and put them away.  Now I've decided that since there's often enough of my clothes to make up a dark load and enough of hers for a dark load, too, I will do those separately.  DD13 now has an assigned laundry day, and does her laundry then, adding my few whites/lights in with her Aikido whites.  She gets nagging, too, about hanging, folding, and putting her laundry away, plus she gets nagging about getting clothing (and other stuff) off the floor and out from under the wheels of the desk chair in her room.  I'll still grab her stuff to fill up a load if I need to run some clothes of mine, and for paddling clothes or other sloppy endeavors all of the clothing for the occasion gets run together.

I guess by assigning the kids each a day for their laundry I am getting them partially ready for laundromats when they are at college or out on their own.  I can further laundromat lessons when we are on our annual road trip.   :D

My mother started us kids on laundry as soon as we could reach the machines.

My own kids are so dang short.  

Yes!  Thank you, that was exactly the word I was looking for!  DH wasn't able to think of it, either, from the clues I could give.

I only lose my all of my own words.  Everyone else's words I'm good with.   :huh:

• Like 6

Slache, you haz a new outfit - I barely recognized you! Who's that winsome fellow with you?

Him's Babiness! Him's so big! :( I need more.

If anyone is concerned those are my old glasses with the lenses removed. I had to take them out when Mooies realized she couldn't read without glasses and needed them every day at naptime.

• Like 5