Menu

Ignore this thread!

We're going to do some errands on the way to the airport.

Dh is not cooperating with my schedule. But since he's volunteered to make spaghetti sauce for tonight's dinner I am not going to quibble.

My in-the-area brother is being annoying. He's supposed to take over hosting duties tomorrow because of the biopsy but somehow I am hosting my mother, sister AND my brother and wife for tomorrow's dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps call him tomorrow and say the biopsy left you in no state to deal with dinner and tell him it's all on him?  Including clean-up.

• Like 5

Dh is not cooperating with my schedule. But since he's volunteered to make spaghetti sauce for tonight's dinner I am not going to quibble.

My in-the-area brother is being annoying. He's supposed to take over hosting duties tomorrow because of the biopsy but somehow I am hosting my mother, sister AND my brother and wife for tomorrow's dinner.

I vote for AMJ's answer!

• Like 1

Nope nope nope nope.

ETA: Want me to call your brother?

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6

For dinner we are having egg salad, strawberries and blueberries, mixed greens salad, and something else that I can't remember. I think it was potato chips.

I fell asleep for a few minutes and now I feel woosie.

Dd19 has been assigned a new room with all new roommates. She is actually kind of glad because the three new roommates are actually very responsive and within an hour they have all responded and coordinated what items they are each bringing. She tried many times without sucess to get the former roommates to communicate (in a group text that they all agreed to use.)

I may require her to get a signed and notorized statement from her friends that tonight's dinner is the For Sure Absolutely Final Goodbye Get-together. 😭

I have absolutely no idea what to make for dinner. I don't even want to make dinner.

I rarely nap. I always wake up feeling horribly groggy. Unless I started out extremely tired and only slept a maximum of 20 minutes.Then, it does me some good.

Yay for good roommates!

• Like 3

Hmm, it is suddenly and unexpectedly quiet (boys are down the street, girls have a little friend over so they and the kittens are in the bedroom :001_wub:) . And the house is moderately clean. COFFEE???? Yes! And some Latin!!!! And maybe I will read a bit. After the day I had yesterday.... I need a bit of relaxation!!!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

Ds21's car was taken to the shop because the guy at the oil change place said he needed new brakes and could see that the rotors were scratched. The mechanic today said his brakes are perfectly fine but he needs a new this and a fix that and the other thing which will cost 3 times as much as brake work. 🤔 😠 :ack2:

Ds21's car was taken to the shop because the guy at the oil change place said he needed new brakes and could see that the rotors were scratched. The mechanic today said his brakes are perfectly fine but he needs a new this and a fix that and the other thing which will cost 3 times as much as brake work. 🤔 😠 :ack2:

Do not have the work done there.  Take the car elsewhere to have it looked over, requesting a second opinion.  Don't tell the other place what the first place said was wrong, just let the second place make their own determination.

• Like 6

Ugh.

I didn't finish all of my chores this morning, but we ended up finishing our lessons with a little time to spare. I decided to use that time to run the vacuum.

So, I'm vacuuming and the kitten is hopping around like a cracked out boxer prepared to defeat the evil machine in a battle to the death. Captain Mal comes up behind her and tries to pick her up. She freaks out and scratches him.

Now he's screaming. Really, really bawling. I clean his wounds and wrap them up, which helps him calm down a bit. But now we've really got to get going or we're going to be late.

I herd the boys out the door, past the hyper-jump-all-over-us big dogs and out to the car, only to realize the carseats were not reinstalled properly after DH had them. So I buckle them in and get the boys loaded up. We are now 5 mins. late.

On the way into town, they are repaving the highway and we have to stop and wait. We finally make it to speech and Captain Mal has had an accident in his carseat. I am now walking in, 15 mins late, with a toddler covered in piss.

We go in, and I find out we are not 15 mins late. We are actually 23 hrs and 45 mins early. L had sent me the wrong day for the appointment. So the SLP goes to call L. I take Mal to the bathroom to change, only to find out we've already used all the clean undies and shorts in the bag. So I put him in pull-ups and pajama bottoms so I can go talk to the SLP. She says she called L to come help and they can do his appointment today.

This was only about an hour of my day. The rest of it hasn't been much better. Sorry for the novel, but I needed to vent.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Ugh.

I didn't finish all of my chores this morning, but we ended up finishing our lessons with a little time to spare. I decided to use that time to run the vacuum.

So, I'm vacuuming and the kitten is hopping around like a cracked out boxer prepared to defeat the evil machine in a battle to the death. Captain Mal comes up behind her and tries to pick her up. She freaks out and scratches him.

Now he's screaming. Really, really bawling. I clean his wounds and wrap them up, which helps him calm down a bit. But now we've really got to get going or we're going to be late.

I herd the boys out the door, past the hyper-jump-all-over-us big dogs and out to the car, only to realize the carseats were not reinstalled properly after DH had them. So I buckle them in and get the boys loaded up. We are now 5 mins. late.

On the way into town, they are repaving the highway and we have to stop and wait. We finally make it to speech and Captain Mal has had an accident in his carseat. I am now walking in, 15 mins late, with a toddler covered in piss.

We go in, and I find out we are not 15 mins late. We are actually 23 hrs and 45 mins early. L had sent me the wrong day for the appointment. So the SLP goes to call L. I take Mal to the bathroom to change, only to find out we've already used all the clean undies and shorts in the bag. So I put him in pull-ups and pajama bottoms so I can go talk to the SLP. She says she called L to come help and they can do his appointment today.

This was only about an hour of my day. The rest of it hasn't been much better. Sorry for the novel, but I needed to vent.

I am laugh-crying with you. We had a similar incident recently involving carseats, vomit and scouting.  May tonight be better.

• Like 4

I am laugh-crying with you. We had a similar incident recently involving carseats, vomit and scouting. May tonight be better.

I didn't even mention the 40 minute drive to karate in a car that smelled like baked urine.

We're meeting DH for Chinese food after karate. I like Chinese food. Lo mein is one of my very favorite things ever.

• Like 5

((Lana)). At least they took responsibility for the mistake and still worked with him.

I really love our speech therapist. Unfortunately, scheduling errors are becoming a regular thing. I think she may have something personal going on, but I don't want to ask. I hope it works itself out soon because I really don't want to find a different therapist.

• Like 3

Ugh.

Oh Lana!!! You need the VIP room at the ITT Island for making it through a day like that.
  • Like 7

Nope nope nope nope.

ETA: Want me to call your brother?

:001_wub:

Susan and I need to live in the same time and be Ninja Super Heroines together.

More and more I suspect that this brother has undiagnosed Aspergers (or ASD 1 as they say nowadays). My Aspie son is his mini me.

Dang it.  Jean is being rational and adult again and depriving me of yet another opportunity to express myself.

Ugh.

I'm trying to figure out what I could blow up to make this better. :confused:

:grouphug: while I think about it.

Well, I guess that's not quite bazooka worthy. Sorry JJM.

pouting-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 8

:grouphug:  all around... Jean, Lana, Tech Support.

I'm exhausted.  I'm going to bed.  The schedule for the next three days is a bit insane, so if you don't hear from me I'll be back eventually.  Or I'll drive-by, ketch-up, and leave again.  

Jean, hope you have a great visit with family and every thing goes smoothly for Event's Planner.  

• Like 5

I think it's a combination of allergies and the AC. It never happens during the winter and it's been getting significantly worse lately and the only cause I can think of is the smoke. I'm just glad it's an external cause and not an internal one.

Does the AC's filter need to be replaced?

• Like 3

He's sold his house and is in a state of disarray. I will manage just fine once I stop griping. Grilled salmon, shrimp and asparagus. No pizza.

Yum!  What say I come over and help you cook that?   :drool5:

• Like 4

More and more I suspect that this brother has undiagnosed Aspergers (or ASD 1 as they say nowadays). My Aspie son is his mini me.

My Dad and my Sis each have voiced their suspicions that they themselves might be Aspie.  I need to learn more about it.  Each time they raised the topic other things kept interrupting, so I'm not sure what they are basing their suspicions upon.  I'm good whether they are or aren't, but I would like to know more.

DD13 wants to study ASL this year.   :001_wub:

A niece figuring out some of life's hard lessons called me this evening for my opinion and advice.   :001_wub:  :001_wub:

• Like 5

Ugh.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

I was quite enjoying the description of the kitten until Captain Mal tried to pick her up.  I'm sorry the day got so rough, but glad they took care of you today instead of making you come back tomorrow.

• Like 3

:grouphug: :grouphug:

I was quite enjoying the description of the kitten until Captain Mal tried to pick her up. I'm sorry the day got so rough, but glad they took care of you today instead of making you come back tomorrow.

It was really cute and funny. That's why he wanted to pick her up. He loves that silly kitty. He calls her his little lioness.

• Like 6