What's with the ads?

#105901 AMJ

AMJ

Magnificent Matriarch & Elephant ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12232 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:37 PM

Well, it's not quite a silly rule, but it's the way I've set up the time needed to clean. Room and bathroom together are better than say, kitchen and bathroom. I only want to clean 1.5 hours a day, max. So I organized the rooms to fit that time slot. Normally I would do the bathroom and bedroom together on Friday. But this week is short, and I've got to do two days of work in one. So I did Monday's work, and I could either do Friday's work today, or on Wednesday.

So I guess I'll fortify myself with chocolate courage and get it done. Because I want to write like a fiend on Wednesday, so I'll keep that housekeeping day really light.

If you must.  You could also, just this once, give the bathroom a shorter, just-the-surfaces clean to tide you over until next week.

Managing the demands of the day Booya(h)?

Edited by AMJ, 17 July 2017 - 01:41 PM.

• Critterfixer, Openhearted and luuknam like this

#105902 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12232 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:38 PM

Edpo, avert yer eyes!

I decided to make Aug 14th our start date. Can't wait to get back into a routine!!!

I can too make edpo a thing.

It is a much shorter, more efficient, more pithy warning!

• Critterfixer, luuknam and Spudater like this

#105903 ikslo

ikslo

Ninja Elephant Minion with Nunchucks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6730 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:46 PM

Dh's family name was a __ski and it was changed when they came over from Germany in the early 1900's. I believe I traced that side of the family to Torun, Poland (birthplace of Copernicus). FIL called the city Thorn (before WWI it was a part of Prussia/Germany). Not many records could be found, especially since I am not sure of names or even the correct spelling of the names I've been given.

I am having trouble finding info on my family also.  I know a LOT about my mom's side.  My dad's?  Not so much. :(

#105904 ikslo

ikslo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6730 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:47 PM

waving-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

Well?!?  TM needed?

Never mind! Just saw your response.

Edited by ikslo, 17 July 2017 - 01:56 PM.

#105905 luuknam

luuknam

Feeling the Weight of Levity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5189 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:53 PM

Yeah, I did find that interesting -- he supposedly was designing houses for the average American, designed for their needs while having looks and not an outrageous price to build.  But what he designed and built often had problems to address and impractical layouts, and frequently were built on lots that were a bit above what the average American could afford.

He also went seriously over budget, and iirc, almost bankrupted the Martins (who were (multi?)millionaires). The Martins, btw, ignored some of his demands about where to put their furniture, and arranged it in a much more livable way, except when he came to visit (he was a family friend). 

Okay, I looked it up, and Mr Martin lost most of his money when the stock market crashed... that said, FLW also never repaid a $70k loan the Martins had given him. And they had Graycliff built because the Martin House was too dark, and Martin's wife was almost blind. Graycliff's original budget was $16k, which spiraled, thanks to FLW, to $64k. 

Edited by luuknam, 17 July 2017 - 01:55 PM.

• Renai, AMJ and Southern Ivy like this

#105906 luuknam

luuknam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5189 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

FLW did give his biography to the Martins for free, because when it came out, the Martins couldn't afford the $6 it cost. 

• Southern Ivy likes this

#105907 luuknam

luuknam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5189 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

Personally, I would've preferred that he'd repaid the $70k loan.

• Jean in Newcastle, Renai, AMJ and 2 others like this

#105908 ikslo

ikslo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6730 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:58 PM

It was me.

I usually get the TM.  Not necessarily because it's necessary.  Mostly because I'm neurotic.

This one is missing, however.  I am very much afraid that it was loaned and not returned.  I hate it when that happens.

I have the student book and the disk.  I could certainly loan it to you.  I'm not sure, but we might need it back.  Jo has mentioned it to her tutee as a maybe, for fun thing.

You want I should send it to you?

Maybe.  I might want to just give him a trial before purchasing myself.  I will let you know.  But not if Jo decides to tutor, for sure.  I'm thinking I will need the TM.  I'm also thinking I have a lot to order still.  So maybe I start with Greek.  LOL

#105909 ikslo

ikslo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6730 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:00 PM

I'm pretty sure that dh is the culprit.  I think I found the item in dh's stuff.  I'm not happy.  I'm going to have to reimburse the neighbor for at least part of this.  Did I say that I'm NOT HAPPY???  Who just gets into stuff that they didn't order?  Wouldn't you know that you didn't order it? 

PS - it was on backorder so it wasn't easy to get to begin with. 

I would be unhappy, too.

#105910 ikslo

ikslo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6730 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:04 PM

Edpo

Love this!  I'm using it.

• Spudater likes this

#105911 ikslo

ikslo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6730 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:06 PM

Yeah, I did find that interesting -- he supposedly was designing houses for the average American, designed for their needs while having looks and not an outrageous price to build.  But what he designed and built often had problems to address and impractical layouts, and frequently were built on lots that were a bit above what the average American could afford.  He talked a good talk and might have believed it, but follow-through didn't quite live up to the ideal, even when it could have.

He had some good ideas that intrigue me, but I'm not exactly a fan.

I don't like any of his stuff.  I don't get the attraction.

ETA:

And now that I have seen luuknam's posts I don't care for him, either. 

Edited by ikslo, 17 July 2017 - 02:09 PM.

• Another Lynn and Renai like this

#105912 ikslo

ikslo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6730 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:10 PM

Power has gone off twice at work, and there is a flash flood warning.  I lost some work. :(

#105913 ikslo

ikslo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6730 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:12 PM

My triglycerides are low.  Really low.  I saw my numbers online, but my doctor has not called me.  I think that means I should ignore it...

#105914 luuknam

luuknam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5189 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:40 PM

My triglycerides are low.  Really low.  I saw my numbers online, but my doctor has not called me.  I think that means I should ignore it...

My doctor lectures me on what to eat and what not to eat every.single.time. Summary: eat less animal stuff, including less shrimp. For the record, I'm not a big fan of meat or shrimp, so I eat less of that than the average American (though I do like dairy, which I know is bad too).

Oh, wait. Mine are high. I think. I don't know. My good stuff is low and my bad stuff is high. Same for my dad. There is a large genetic component to that. 

• AMJ likes this

#105915 Susan in TN

Susan in TN

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12858 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:52 PM

The neighbor boy starts football practice today and he is beside himself with excitement. Dds are feeding him lollipops. He's been over playing capture the animal most of the day and even stayed for story time. He runs home every so often to make sure he has all his equipment. :D
  • Another Lynn, myblessings4, AMJ and 2 others like this

#105916 ikslo

ikslo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6730 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:54 PM

My doctor lectures me on what to eat and what not to eat every.single.time. Summary: eat less animal stuff, including less shrimp. For the record, I'm not a big fan of meat or shrimp, so I eat less of that than the average American (though I do like dairy, which I know is bad too).

Oh, wait. Mine are high. I think. I don't know. My good stuff is low and my bad stuff is high. Same for my dad. There is a large genetic component to that. 

All of my other numbers are good.  Normal range.  Triglycerides should be less than 200 150 mg/dL (I was looking at the wrong number).  Mine's 35.  I think my doctor should be suggesting thyroid function tests, especially since my sister just had surgery on her thyroid (and it was communicated to him at my physical).  But maybe my other numbers are so good he's not worried?  I dunno.

I have not heard from the doctor's office re: my blood panel.  All I got was a generic email saying the results were posted.  So it is possible he just hasn't reviewed them yet and I'll get a call.

Edited by ikslo, 17 July 2017 - 03:01 PM.

• Openhearted and luuknam like this

#105917 Spudater

Spudater

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1619 posts

Love this! I'm using it.

😏 Eeeeeeexcellent....
  • AMJ and ikslo like this

#105918 Susan in TN

Susan in TN

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12858 posts

I have not seen a doctor for a general check-up since dd8 was born. I am pretty sure my numbers are all perfectly fine and good.
  • Another Lynn, Paige, Openhearted and 1 other like this

#105919 ikslo

ikslo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6730 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:55 PM

I have not seen a doctor for a general check-up since dd8 was born. I am pretty sure my numbers are all perfectly fine and good.

I feel fine.  I'm sure it's nothing. :D

Edited by ikslo, 17 July 2017 - 02:55 PM.

• Susan in TN, Openhearted and luuknam like this

#105920 Critterfixer

Critterfixer

Mr. Mom-Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10467 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:24 PM

I did my room and the bathroom. During said cleaning spree, I discovered that my grocery list (made Saturday afternoon when I was on the verge of collapse) was woefully inadequate, and certain essentials were missing. Like paper towels. Not good. So I went to the store with the boys and we bought the essentials, splurged on the kinds of yogurt they wanted (pomegranate and blackberry) and I bought sunflowers for myself. :001_smile:

My sheets are all clean, but I can't put them on yet because an old cat is taking an afternoon nap on my bed.

• Another Lynn, Renai, Susan in TN and 4 others like this

#105921 Critterfixer

Critterfixer

Mr. Mom-Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10467 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:29 PM

And bathrooms, by definition and building code, ARE separate rooms from bedrooms.

Sadly, mine is not. The double sinks are right out in the bedroom, but the shower and the toilet do have their own (cramped) closet. So basically, if you don't keep the sink space really nice, it looks like you haven't cleaned the room. Not my favorite way to design a house, but it's a creature of its time, this mediocre house. Can't complain about the location and the land, though.

• AMJ likes this

#105922 KrissiK

KrissiK

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12433 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:31 PM

http://crystalbridge...k-lloyd-wright/

Is it sad that I have never been to CB? I've wanted to go, but it never happens. That is NOT DH's scene at all.

I love that house. My favorite house around here is, I would say FLW inspired, since I doubt he would have built a house out in the Boonies where this house is. The front looks almost identical to the one in the picture, and the setting is amazing. It's by a tributary of the Kings River, nestled among huge old-growth oak trees.

#105923 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12232 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:32 PM

I don't like any of his stuff.  I don't get the attraction.

ETA:

And now that I have seen luuknam's posts I don't care for him, either. 

Oh, he was a royal a$$ as a person, which doesn't win any points with me.  I think part of his fame was his success at self-promotion, combined with his sense of proportion (from what I read).  I'm pretty sure pictures just can't do justice to the houses, so I do want to visit some.  However, he was VERY full of himself and acted more like the stereotypical spoiled brat artist than a guy who truly wanted to design a residential work of art for the common man.

Some of what he did speaks to me, but there are so many elements in each that don't.  Since some of what he did really didn't stand up well over time, either, I feel I'd want to see his stuff just to glean the aspects of what I DO like, so I can take them away and incorporate them in something more livable.  

• Renai likes this

#105924 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12232 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:33 PM

Power has gone off twice at work, and there is a flash flood warning.  I lost some work. :(

:sad:   Phooey.

Do stay safe.

• ikslo likes this

#105925 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12232 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:35 PM

All of my other numbers are good.  Normal range.  Triglycerides should be less than 200 150 mg/dL (I was looking at the wrong number).  Mine's 35.  I think my doctor should be suggesting thyroid function tests, especially since my sister just had surgery on her thyroid (and it was communicated to him at my physical).  But maybe my other numbers are so good he's not worried?  I dunno.

I have not heard from the doctor's office re: my blood panel.  All I got was a generic email saying the results were posted.  So it is possible he just hasn't reviewed them yet and I'll get a call.

You can always call his nurse's line to ask about that significantly low number.

I'd also ask flat-out for a baseline thyroid panel, given that you have family history of thyroid trouble.

#105926 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12232 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:37 PM

I did my room and the bathroom. During said cleaning spree, I discovered that my grocery list (made Saturday afternoon when I was on the verge of collapse) was woefully inadequate, and certain essentials were missing. Like paper towels. Not good. So I went to the store with the boys and we bought the essentials, splurged on the kinds of yogurt they wanted (pomegranate and blackberry) and I bought sunflowers for myself. :001_smile:

My sheets are all clean, but I can't put them on yet because an old cat is taking an afternoon nap on my bed.

Those are good yogurt flavors!

My desk is tidied, and I started on the piles on the homeschool table.  My goal is to have the house tidied and clean (or at least the appearance of it) by the time we go on the trip.  We have neighbors coming in to care for the fish, cat, plants, and generally keep an eye on things.

• Critterfixer likes this

#105927 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12232 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:39 PM

Sadly, mine is not. The double sinks are right out in the bedroom, but the shower and the toilet do have their own (cramped) closet. So basically, if you don't keep the sink space really nice, it looks like you haven't cleaned the room. Not my favorite way to design a house, but it's a creature of its time, this mediocre house. Can't complain about the location and the land, though.

I see.  Yeah, sinks used to be put in bedrooms, to replace the old pitcher and washbasin.  At least your toilet and shower are together!  Many older homes had toilets in their own separate spaces, away from sinks and bathing facilities.

• Critterfixer and luuknam like this

#105928 ikslo

ikslo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6730 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:49 PM

You can always call his nurse's line to ask about that significantly low number.

I'd also ask flat-out for a baseline thyroid panel, given that you have family history of thyroid trouble.

I have already emailed him via the online portal to get his take on the low number.  I will suggest the thyroid panel when he responds. 

• AMJ likes this

#105929 Another Lynn

Another Lynn

Got Coffee?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9026 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:53 PM

Home from swim.  Youngest qualified for Finals (on Wed) in freestyle, backstroke, and butterfly and both relays.  (She came in 3rd in butterfly, but Wednesday's race is the one that counts.  I might be a nervous wreck on Wednesday, but I'll try not to be!)  So fun!  11yo, 14yo, and 18yo get their turn at prelims tomorrow.  

Edited by Another Lynn, 17 July 2017 - 06:07 PM.

• Jean in Newcastle, Susan in TN, Critterfixer and 7 others like this

#105930 luuknam

luuknam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5189 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:22 PM

Picked up kids from camp. They both looked quite happy, even before they saw me. Broccoli said camp was awesome, and Celery said camp was neutral. The camp counselor said that Celery didn't really like the art stuff in the morning, so they tried to let him do something he would enjoy, and that he did enjoy the afternoon. So, all in all, it's fine. Today's art was fairly boring anyway... there should be art later this week which I think he'll like more. 

After that we went to the grocery store, so they liked that (because they get to play on the Wii there - they do not like buying groceries). And now they're playing on their iPads because they didn't have time this morning. 

• Jean in Newcastle, Another Lynn, Susan in TN and 4 others like this

#105931 Susan in TN

Susan in TN

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12858 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:28 PM

Home from swim. Youngest qualified for Finals (on Wed) in freestyle, backstroke, and butterfly and both relays. (She came in 3rd in butterfly, but Wednesday's race is the one that counts. I might be a nervous wreck on Wednesday, but I'll try not to be!) So fun! 11yo, 14yo, and 18yo get there turn at prelims tomorrow.

:hurray: Awesome job!
  • Another Lynn likes this

#105932 Critterfixer

Critterfixer

Mr. Mom-Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10467 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:29 PM

Got a thousand words in on the day. I need another 1500 to get where I need to be in my word count.

• Another Lynn, Susan in TN and AMJ like this

#105933 Critterfixer

Critterfixer

Mr. Mom-Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10467 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:30 PM

Now I'm going to go make hamburgers. It's that kind of day.

ETA: After I make the bed. The old cat has vacated her nest.

Edited by Critterfixer, 17 July 2017 - 04:30 PM.

• Susan in TN and AMJ like this

#105934 KrissiK

KrissiK

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12433 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:30 PM

Home from swim. Youngest qualified for Finals (on Wed) in freestyle, backstroke, and butterfly and both relays. (She came in 3rd in butterfly, but Wednesday's race is the one that counts. I might be a nervous wreck on Wednesday, but I'll try not to be!) So fun! 11yo, 14yo, and 18yo get there turn at prelims tomorrow.

Woohoo!!!!!✨💥🎉
  • Another Lynn likes this

#105935 KrissiK

KrissiK

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12433 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

Latin is done. Henle is so violent. Vehementer.

Edited by KrissiK, 17 July 2017 - 04:42 PM.

• Another Lynn, Susan in TN, Critterfixer and 3 others like this

#105936 KrissiK

KrissiK

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12433 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:43 PM

I would like to take a nap, but I need to sew. Sewing it is.
  • Jean in Newcastle, Susan in TN, Critterfixer and 1 other like this

#105937 prairiewindmomma

prairiewindmomma

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9493 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:55 PM

I quit the gym today (gave my 30 day notice).  I also confronted the gym manager about how the equipment hasn't been cleaned in the 11 months since I joined the gym.  Patrons wipe down what they touch, but the base of the equipment is so covered in dried sweat and dust that I can't take it anymore. 

• Jean in Newcastle, Renai, Susan in TN and 2 others like this

#105938 Critterfixer

Critterfixer

Mr. Mom-Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10467 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:08 PM

I quit the gym today (gave my 30 day notice).  I also confronted the gym manager about how the equipment hasn't been cleaned in the 11 months since I joined the gym.  Patrons wipe down what they touch, but the base of the equipment is so covered in dried sweat and dust that I can't take it anymore. 

:ack2:

• Susan in TN, JoJosMom, prairiewindmomma and 2 others like this

#105939 luuknam

luuknam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5189 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:15 PM

Gross. 

• Susan in TN, JoJosMom and prairiewindmomma like this

#105940 Southern Ivy

Southern Ivy

Mother to the Lorax

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2843 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:25 PM

That's just nasty. 

• Susan in TN, JoJosMom, prairiewindmomma and 1 other like this

#105941 Southern Ivy

Southern Ivy

Mother to the Lorax

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2843 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

Dd starts swim lessons tomorrow. She's getting private lessons and they looked for a time where it would be fairly quiet. Having an aquatics director who was a SPED teacher, who has a daughter with Downs, and who has several sensory and autistic swim team members really pays off. He was fantastic and suggested things that I didn't think of. 
Now, let's just hope the kiddo doesn't freak.

• Another Lynn, Renai, Susan in TN and 3 others like this

#105942 Critterfixer

Critterfixer

Mr. Mom-Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10467 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:29 PM

Food is mostly made for the evening. I forgot cream cheese at the grocery store. I was thinking of making a cheesecake sometime this week.

• Susan in TN likes this

#105943 Jean in Newcastle

Jean in Newcastle

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63763 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:34 PM

Hey. I had an absolutely lovely time with my friend. We met at a local landmark at a town a bit to the north of me then walked around their downtown looking for a place to eat. We found a little hole-in-the-wall Turkish place. Good cheap food. Inside was sweltering with the ovens but there were tables outside. We had a great time catching up for a couple of hours. Then we walked back to the cars and sat on a wall and talked some more. Then she went in her purse to get her car keys and no keys. We tried looking in her car. No keys there either. So she said goodbye to me and walked back to the restaurant to see if they had them. Meanwhile, I got in my car but couldn't in good conscience leave without knowing if she had a way home. So I staked out her car. Restaurant didn't have her keys. But by God's grace we checked in a salon next to where we had parked and someone had turned them in. So all's well that ends well. And starts out well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Another Lynn, Renai, Susan in TN and 4 others like this

#105944 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12232 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:56 PM

Dd starts swim lessons tomorrow. She's getting private lessons and they looked for a time where it would be fairly quiet. Having an aquatics director who was a SPED teacher, who has a daughter with Downs, and who has several sensory and autistic swim team members really pays off. He was fantastic and suggested things that I didn't think of. 

Sounds like if she does freak he knows how to handle it!

#105945 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12232 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:59 PM

Hey. I had an absolutely lovely time with my friend. We met at a local landmark at a town a bit to the north of me then walked around their downtown looking for a place to eat. We found a little hole-in-the-wall Turkish place. Good cheap food. Inside was sweltering with the ovens but there were tables outside. We had a great time catching up for a couple of hours. Then we walked back to the cars and sat on a wall and talked some more. Then she went in her purse to get her car keys and no keys. We tried looking in her car. No keys there either. So she said goodbye to me and walked back to the restaurant to see if they had them. Meanwhile, I got in my car but couldn't in good conscience leave without knowing if she had a way home. So I staked out her car. Restaurant didn't have her keys. But by God's grace we checked in a salon next to where we had parked and someone had turned them in. So all's well that ends well. And starts out well.

Hooray for a good day!  And I'm glad you waited.  I wouldn't have been comfortable leaving her there keyless, either.

• Jean in Newcastle likes this

#105946 KrissiK

KrissiK

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12433 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:31 PM

Yay!! I'm so glad you had a good time. A hole-in-the-wall Turkish place. I love that. I am so not like that. I wish I were. When I meet girlfriends it's at Panera. Although my BFF, who I never see, is more like that, so I always let her choose the place.
  • Jean in Newcastle and AMJ like this

#105947 Slache

Slache

μαθηται

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20567 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:40 PM

I need so much wine.
  • Another Lynn, Susan in TN and ikslo like this

#105948 Jean in Newcastle

Jean in Newcastle

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63763 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:42 PM

Yay!! I'm so glad you had a good time. A hole-in-the-wall Turkish place. I love that. I am so not like that. I wish I were. When I meet girlfriends it's at Panera. Although my BFF, who I never see, is more like that, so I always let her choose the place.

I like Panera too..  ;)

• Susan in TN and KrissiK like this

#105949 Susan in TN

Susan in TN

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12858 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:11 PM

That sounds like about the best situation you could hope for!

#105950 Susan in TN

Susan in TN

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12858 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:16 PM

The pulled pork loin gyros were a success, as was the coconut yogurt tzatziki sauce! Everyone wanted seconds. I tasted the tzatziki sauce on it's own and thought it was gross, but it was OK on the food. Don't serve it to your foodie friends or Greek great-aunt.
  • Jean in Newcastle, KrissiK and AMJ like this