Menu

Ignore this thread!

I mopped the kitchen floor so critter doesn't have to clean.

Oh, how nice of you! I decided just to sweep. That way it looks like I care. :laugh:

I have one of those kitchen floors that hides dirt. I picked dirt colored grout and it's slate with so many different colors in it that we could import a variety of soils in on our shoes and nobody could ever tell. 

• Like 2

President -- Jean in Newcastle

Vice President

Secretary of State -- Ellie

Secretary of the Treasury

Secretary of Defense -- JoJosMom

Attorney General

Secretary of the Interior

Secretary of Agriculture -- KrissiK

Secretary of Commerce -- Slache

Secretary of Labor -- myblessings4

Secretary of Health and Human Services -- prairiewindmomma

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development -- AMJ

Secretary of Transportation -- AnotherLynn

Secretary of Energy -- Slache

Secretary of Education -- Susan Wise Bauer

Secretary of Veterans Affairs -- AnotherLynn

Secretary of Homeland Security

Secretary of Music -- Susan in TN

Secretary of Literature and Poetry -- Critterfixer

CIA Director -- Renaissance (aka Renai)

I nominate Dawn for Vice President and Heather as Secretary of Encouragement and Whitehawk for Homeland Security.

• Like 4

ETA: I hate mopping the kitchen. We have one of those floors that hides dirt well. Unfortunately, that means it never actually looks clean to me either.

I cleaned two bathrooms and vacuumed for you Critter!!
  • Like 4

Also Psst.  but I don't think that I'm eligible for being president.  I wasn't born in the USA.  Though I am a naturalized citizen. 

What if we were to annex Japan or wherever? Would that work?

What should Ikslo do?

AG?

• Like 3

I nominate Dawn for Vice President and Heather as Secretary of Encouragement and Whitehawk for Homeland Security.

whitehawk said she wanted to be Secretary of the Interior. 

Dd15 says that Homeland Security is a group position for the ENB!!  I like the way she thinks.

yesssss!  

Secretary of Cyber Security.

excellent choice!!
  • Like 2

I just weeded through 27 pages of Spanish children's books and found exactly 0 books with immersion reading. I am so peeved.

On our Kindle, La Vispera de Navidad highlights each word. I haven't looked for others yet.

• Like 1

Pain pain? I don't suppose you can break a bone without knowing it, can you? (((Mr. Renai)))

(Has he had a previous injury there?)

No previous injury, and the pain started when he hadn't done anything so we don't think anything is broken. Just touching it will cause pain, but also periodically he says there is a pulsating pain on the back of the wrist (nothing on palm side. I'm thinking something with the tendons. We bought a tiny bottle of ibuprofen (the girls can't have it), so we'll see if it makes a difference. He's taken two, one hour apart.

I remember being on a pirate ship in Legoland that went through some dark tunnel. Let me see if I can find it. Okay, it was actually a cave (I was 7 iirc):

https://www.legoland.dk/en/the-park/areas/pirate-land/rides/pirate-boats/

For the record, that's like the only thing I remember about Legoland. Other things I remember from that vacation is collecting jellyfish on the beach and making pretend soup out of them (there were a LOT), and playing Yatzy, which is Danish for Yahtzee. 

• Like 1

ETA: I hate mopping the kitchen. We have one of those floors that hides dirt well. Unfortunately, that means it never actually looks clean to me either.

I was just thinking yesterday as I mopped that my kitchen floor doesn't hide anything.  Which means it never looks clean.

• Like 3

I suggested that dh and dd do a dissection today and there was open rebellion. "It's Independence Day!  We don't have to do anything!" 

Broccoli begged me to let him work on the soldier story (Battle Cry) we started yesterday. So I had both kids do the setting worksheets today, because I'm mean (Celery didn't want to, but did it without complaint once he got started). I still need to go look them over though. 

I contemplated responding to that guy to politely remind him to stay polite and on-topic, but Nextdoor will show my name and street to him (because he is in MY neighborhood), and I live on a short street (one block cul-de-sac).  Quite frankly there are some people about I would expect retaliation from, and with my name and street out there I could be too easy to find.

That's weird. Ours will show name and neighborhood, NOT street.  :huh:

I think Renaissance should be Director of the CIA since she knows everything that goes on and has a mind like a steel trap!!

:rofl:  Perimenopause is turning the steel trap into jello. At least I remember HOW to find the answers to (almost) everything.

• Like 4

My son is making blackberry syrup to add to his lemonade. I told him he has to clean up after himself, but is welcome to help himself to blackberries, sugar and the stove.

. How do you get your kids to do stuff like that?? Mine are all sitting around watching "Liv & Maddie". And that's all they are doing. And I just keep thinking, "well, at least they aren't fighting...."
  • Like 3

My son is making blackberry syrup to add to his lemonade. I told him he has to clean up after himself, but is welcome to help himself to blackberries, sugar and the stove.

You truly seem like an awesome mother. I was thinking earlier about what kind of mother I want to be, the things I want to do with my kids and I thought of you.
  • Like 4

The kids are running around the house saying STALL-ALL, STALL-ALL while holding paper airplanes. They watched a bunch of Air Disasters on Netflix before they went to camp (Netflix no longer has that show, it was only available until July 1st). Apparently, in the cockpit, there's a slight delay between the left and the right speaker with the stall warning, so it sounds like stall-all. 

• Like 2

. How do you get your kids to do stuff like that?? Mine are all sitting around watching "Liv & Maddie". And that's all they are doing. And I just keep thinking, "well, at least they aren't fighting...." 

I make it sound like I'm just persuaded.

<Boy> Can I make blackberry syrup.

<Me> Typety-type-type...I don't know, are you sure you want to make it?

<Boy> Yeah.

<Me> Well, okay. But you've got to clean up after yourself, you know. Sure you want to do that?

<Boy>Yeah.

<Me> Typety-type-type...well, okay then. If you're sure you can handle it....

<Boy> Oh, boy! I get to make blackberry syrup!

<Me> Typety-type-type.... :D  (Next time ask me about mopping....)

• Like 5

You truly seem like an awesome mother. I was thinking earlier about what kind of mother I want to be, the things I want to do with my kids and I thought of you. 

Oh, thanks! I try. I certainly have my nasty moments. I was a regular harpy this morning and had to be calmed down with hot tea and hard work, though. :laugh:

• Like 3

The city fireworks have moved from one of the high schools to one of the parks by a mall. The Kiwanis Club (I think), who does it every year, have turned it into a whole event. Apparently, there will be a bouncy house, food, and other festivities happening starting at 6pm, then fireworks at 9pm. I'm debating taking Gymnast to the before-fireworks activities, or just find a good spot way away from traffic to watch the show.

• Like 2

I'm asking my 91 year old mom about going to the movie theaters during the Great Depression.  She's telling me about how much she loved to watch Shirley Temple movies but how she wasn't cute any more once she grew up.  ;)

We finished listening to Full of Beans recently, which mentions kids going to the movies and watching Shirley Temple. It was enjoyable to listen to, though not sure what a 91yo would think... I mean, it'd be odd to play a kids' book to just a grown-up. 

• Like 1