Menu

Ignore this thread!

I've been working on the kitchen.  I put all the food away that normally sits out.  I put away medium size appliances (crock pot, etc.).  I wiped counter tops that hadn't seen a rag in a while.  And some of the fronts.  I put drinks in the fridge which resulted in only a partial fridge clean out (whew!).  I loaded the d/w after dd unloaded it.  I still have the paper trap counter top to hit and the stuff by the back door.  Oh, and the roller skates.  Tomorrow, cat food and dog food can go to the basement.  

I get a break now.  

• Like 3

But, but, but...it's gonna save y'all tons of money! They promise! You'll have wads of cash to spend on the new bullet train! :laugh:

La-la-la-La I can't hear you!!!

They've started building the track for that $%* thing in Fresno. It is such a joke. It's just just piece of track, way up in the sky, coming from nowhere and going nowhere. It's just this piece, which I think is symbolic of the whole entire project. I really want to get out of this state before the whole thing just comes crashing down around us.

And I think after the spider story, we have elimated Texas as a possible place to relocate.😵😵

• Like 3

That's a lotta post padding, fwend.

You're welcome! I figured that was the least I could do, what with having to disappear for another 47 hours.

Also, I've heard of Cape Cod (multiple times), though I thought it was maybe in Maine? However, I get to use being foreign as an excuse for that and all sorts of other things. It's really handy being foreign and not having English as my native language, though most people don't seem to want to cut me much slack on either point. The downside of actually learning English and being literate & educated... if my English sucked, people would cut me a lot more slack, even though that's absolutely not fair (on the bright side, nobody has ever told me to go back to my own country, which they might be more likely to do if my English sucked).

• Like 1

I haven't read any of this thread, but you ppl do not listen.  It says ignore this thread!  LOL

Took Sparkly only 180 pages to find out people hadn't been ignoring this thread. Which is pretty amazing imo. Of course, I liked her post, hoping to rope her back in.

You don't have to read the whole thread. In fact don't. You'll lose all respect for me.

That assumes that one had any respect for you to begin with.  :leaving:

I'm FEBSLWAOSOABA. That would be fat everything but slowly losing weight and sort of a BA.

Nobody has commented on the extraneous 'O'? What's the extraneous 'O' stand for, huh?

• Like 1

Took Sparkly only 180 pages to find out people hadn't been ignoring this thread. Which is pretty amazing imo. Of course, I liked her post, hoping to rope her back in.

That assumes that one had any respect for you to begin with.  :leaving:

Nobody has commented on the extraneous 'O'? What's the extraneous 'O' stand for, huh?

Use your imagination. ;)

• Like 2

Page 184:

I'm one of those people who can listen to a song over and over again. I'm told only people with low IQs can do that.

Do muscle relaxers make you stupid? I'm having a very hard time with duolingo.

No... see previous post.  :leaving:

I'm right there with you though - some songs I can listen to over and over and over and over etc again - just ask my mom and how annoying that is. My brother can do it too, and he tested as gifted also (and also autistic, which might be the more relevant piece of info wrt to listening to the same song over and over again).

It's kind of funny - people sometimes think I'm really smart (true as verified by more than one official IQ test), or that I'm low IQ or something (not helped by some very rare selective mutism). I think not many people believe I'm average (at least they're correct about that). 

ETA: forgot to ask - what timeline song?

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 1

Page 184:

No... see previous post.  :leaving:

I'm right there with you though - some songs I can listen to over and over and over and over etc again - just ask my mom and how annoying that is. My brother can do it too, and he tested as gifted also (and also autistic, which might be the more relevant piece of info wrt to listening to the same song over and over again).

It's kind of funny - people sometimes think I'm really smart (true as verified by more than one official IQ test), or that I'm low IQ or something (not helped by some very rare selective mutism). I think not many people believe I'm average (at least they're correct about that). 

ETA: forgot to ask - what timeline song?

:lol:

Classical Conversations. The song is VERY Christian.

Jean, take a walk.  Now!

AMJ, go paddling this weekend with the family!

ikslo, get back to work!

:iagree:

It's an obstacle course with a series of questions throughout.

Wait, nobody warned me about *this*. Why didn't y'all tell me I had to get in shape as well as read all the posts? 

At least I've still got some time to work on that. :svengo:

• Like 2

At some point I've got to sit down and think about the fall schedule. I think I'll put on some Vivaldi and do that next week sometime. 

ETA: It's a musical motivation Booyah! (Although perhaps, given my current mood, I should go epic and hope for the best?)

I need to do this, too. Between my online class teaching schedule (not figured out), VHG teaching schedule, homeschool, and setting aside days to substitute, I think it will be a bit full.

The district gave me a choice of positions to work next year, but they are all full-time. I don't think I can work full-time and graduate my kid. And she will graduate next year. 

• Like 4

Thanks. If you stumble across a secular version, let me know, 'k? We do like the history songs by Mr. Nicky on YouTube, but they're not timeline songs. 

It's on youtube if you want to listen to everything after the ancients section you might like it. The quality of the song itself is far superior to the ones on youtube.

Oh, this is cool! The song actually has the singing. Go to 2:30.

• Like 1

Sweet Mother of Pearl! There is a cockroach the size of Texas in my laundry room! Bring out the flame thrower!

You keep saying spider but wasn't it a cockroach?

And that's Jeannie for the win!! It was a cockroach. But to me, if they're big and creepy, they're all the same. "You say cockroach, I say spider...."

• Like 4

And that's Jeannie for the win!! It was a cockroach. But to me, if they're big and creepy, they're all the same. "You say cockroach, I say spider...." 

What's scary? Texas probably has a spider built to deal with that cockroach.

• Like 5

I like that stuff. It's fun. And I've learned to enjoy things even if some of it goes over my head. My education was abysmal; I've not been shy about that, but in my quest for a better, more entertaining, more opportunistic environment for my children I have had fun. The world is so much bigger, yet so much more unified than I ever could have imagined.

When's your birthday?

• Like 1

I'm just the kind of big nerd that read everything I could get my hands on when my oldest was still in diapers. 🤓 But I feel like I'm in a season of life now where I've absorbed what I can and now they do more harm than good and I need to just figure out what's working for us and develop the discipline to actually do it. Also, having been around for a bit I'm a little less naive about what the lives of the homeschooling guru moms usually actually are like...it usually involves more paid help and falling back on workbooks than their most famous stuff would suggest or they burn out and end up sending their kids to school. Not to say there's no phenomenal ones, but...they are phenomenal, and I don't feel any more guilty abot not being them than I feel guilty about the fact thst I'll never run as fast as Usain Bolt.

Or more mediocre schooling than they let on. That's my trick, anyway.

• Like 3

Good news! The Container Store has inexpensive bins that will fit perfectly in the downstairs cabinet! And there is a Container Store right across the street from where Beauty and the Beast is happening. I love it when a plan comes together.

The A Team!

• Like 3

I have to go to (expletive deleted) federal court on the 20th for a stupid (expletive deleted) grand jury summons.  They aren't going to pick me, it's going to require overnight travel, and I'M BUSY THAT WEEK.

pouting-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 3

I think it's time to play some background music for motivation. If that doesn't help, I may break out Southern Ivy's juice boxes. :lol: (j/k)

It's a "maybe I should clean while drunk" booyah!!!

Hmm, Doobie Brothers "China Road" always gets me moving. As does a little Lynyrd Skynyrd.
  • Like 3

I have to go to (expletive deleted) federal court on the 20th for a stupid (expletive deleted) grand jury summons. They aren't going to pick me, it's going to require overnight travel, and I'M BUSY THAT WEEK.

pouting-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

JJM, I'll cautiously mention that you should leave your bazooka at home.

and the flame-thrower. Them Feds don't go for that kinda persuasion!

And I'm not sure what kind of Booya/h this is. I just don't want to get arrested.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

I got the bathroom clean, my bedroom dust mopped, I whipped out the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and scrubbed some walls without grumbling (out loud) and now I need to get the living room tidied up and vacuumed and perhaps throw in another load of laundry. Did I mention I am wearing high heels and a pearl choker and will have a fresh martini ready for my husband when he gets home from a hard day at the office?? Just call me June.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

Thanks. If you stumble across a secular version, let me know, 'k? We do like the history songs by Mr. Nicky on YouTube, but they're not timeline songs.

Remind me about these later. But not now. Right now I'm on vacation.

• Like 1

and the flame-thrower. Them Feds don't go for that kinda persuasion!

And I'm not sure what kind of Booya/h this is. I just don't want to get arrested.

WHAT????

Seriously, people, with all your silly little rules, how the heck do you expect me to get out of jury duty? :confused1:

• Like 4

WHAT????

Seriously, people, with all your silly little rules, how the heck do you expect me to get out of jury duty? :confused1:

Well, all right then, if you must!!

When I come visit you in the clink I'll try to smuggle you a file in a chocolate cake.

• Like 6

And more grand jury annoyance.  They pay for a hotel if it's 60 miles or more, one way.  According to their chart, I'm 55 miles away.  According to Map Quest, it's 61.1.  In either event, driving that morning is a non-starter.  The traffic is ugly and early morning is deer o'clock.

pulling-hair-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 2