Menu

Ignore this thread!

I have a cold. I'm coughing and trying to throw up from the gagging.

I also have a sick chicken. She also has a cough and sounds like she wants to throw up from gagging, but she sounds happier than I do. She also hates her medicine.

I still have four puppies (now all healthy, shiny and happy) who have all my sick pens occupied. A new large crate for the puppies to sleep in at night is being procured so that the chicken gets a proper sized sick pen where she can have a roost if she likes.

I have to take a sick cat for some radiographs this morning, get insulin for my diabetic cat.

And there's school if I get done with all that and still live.

A nap is probably a better choice.

And the old cat stole my spot and is giving me dirty looks for not opening the blackout curtain. I steal her sunshine.

I think that's all for now. :001_smile:

ETA: I could probably make a good country-western song out of all that...

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 7

I discovered this morning that the girls' bathroom bathmat had disappeared from the dryer.  Honestly, I went to pull the girls' towels out of the dryer so I could dry the kitchen towels, and the bathmat was not there.  I checked that dryer 5 times and started questioning family to see if anyone else took it out.  

Then a thought occurred to me, and I opened my dryer full of kitchen towels just to check one more time -- this time I looked UP.  There it was, lining the drum of the dryer.  It turns out that foam thing is just the right length to get stuck between two of the three ribs inside the drum, and being a foam-filled mat it's stiff enough to not fall down as the drum turns.

Tumble dry low my eye.

• Like 4

I was feeling a bit miffed about tomorrow's dance recital.  I received rather belatedly info stating that DD will have to remain backstage the entire duration of the recital, except for when she and her class will be onstage.  It also looks like I will not be sitting in the audience the full time, either, even though I'm not one of the official volunteers for the recital (I volunteered for the dress rehearsal).  That means I paid $30 too much for tickets.

But huzzah, two of my nephews are coming along with their uncle's family to visit at ILs' house this weekend, so now I have the two tickets we would have been lacking!  (Assigned seats)  DH is now wondering what about me, and I told him there were still some seats open for last-minute purchase.  If I think I'm going to get to sit and watch the show I'll just buy one of those, even though it means I won't be sitting with the group (I'll be sitting in a back row).

I'm still miffed at this dance studio.  I ordered a pair of tights for DD through them because they were "going to get a special price".  Those tights cost me $20+.  I decided I wanted a back-up pair of tights for DD, perhaps in the next size up, and went to a local dance apparel shop to see if they had any.  They had same brand, same fabric, stirrup, and they had same brand, different fabric but same color, same foot -- I bought one of each.  Those two pair of tights, in a larger size, cost me $35.  This studio has been taking every chance to get money out of the dancers' parents, and now I suspect their "special price" was artificially inflated for their own benefit.  It might not have been, but I find it suspect.

• Like 3

Dh is going to the doctor today, finally.

Ds21 has put in an official request for a nurse to call him within 24 hours to see if he has had a ttg test done.

We have an Old Lady Party this afternoon which I am quite worried that I will forget about.

Performance #2 tonight.

• Like 7

I have a cold. I'm coughing and trying to throw up from the gagging.

I also have a sick chicken. She also has a cough and sounds like she wants to throw up from gagging, but she sounds happier than I do. She also hates her medicine.

I still have four puppies (now all healthy, shiny and happy) who have all my sick pens occupied. A new large crate for the puppies to sleep in at night is being procured so that the chicken gets a proper sized sick pen where she can have a roost if she likes.

I have to take a sick cat for some radiographs this morning, get insulin for my diabetic cat.

And there's school if I get done with all that and still live.

A nap is probably a better choice.

And the old cat stole my spot and is giving me dirty looks for not opening the blackout curtain. I steal her sunshine.

I think that's all for now. :001_smile:

ETA: I could probably make a good country-western song out of all that...

Do we have staff that are trained in animal care? Who can make more sick crates and pick up cat medicine and handle a sick chicken?

(((Critter)))

• Like 1

What's going on, Slachey?

I'm just tired. I've been tired for months. I was pregnant, that was hard, had a newborn, that was hard, then my uterine bleeding thing, that was hard, then the infection, that was hard, then the PPD, that's still hard, then my cervix tried to escape, that was horrifying. I just want my body back. I want to work out and sleep well and not hurt all the time. I'm tired. And I'm worried about my mom. I still think about her every day. John prays for her every day. Mary doesn't remember her. I'm tired.
  • Like 3

((Critter)) you need the bunny slippers and I'll send Hank over to take care of the animals so you can get some rest.

Susan, I know how you feel about being afraid you're going to forget something. I'm like that all the time. The Old Lady Parties always sound like fun.

AMJ, a Fafsa on the dance studio. I do hope the recital turns out all, though. And I'm glad you found the bath mat. Nothing like thinking you're losing your mind,

Lana, yay for the baby!!

• Like 3

This thing is just absolute happiness to me. I need it. I'm going to renew my driver's license today and they will ask my weight. I will just dance like the unicorn instead of answering. :D

One word....lie.

Gasp, did I just say that?? I am an extremely honest person. But I don't think my drivers license has ever had my correct weight. Usually I just state my goal weight.

• Like 4

Why?

I have no idea. I suppose it's because I always feel like I can stand to lose a pound or 20 and there it is, staring me in the face in my drivers license for everyone to see. And it's none of the government's business anyway how much I weight. They're too intrusive as it is. They have my picture, leave me alone already.
  • Like 6

I'm just tired. I've been tired for months. I was pregnant, that was hard, had a newborn, that was hard, then my uterine bleeding thing, that was hard, then the infection, that was hard, then the PPD, that's still hard, then my cervix tried to escape, that was horrifying. I just want my body back. I want to work out and sleep well and not hurt all the time. I'm tired. And I'm worried about my mom. I still think about her every day. John prays for her every day. Mary doesn't remember her. I'm tired.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:   

Slache needs some staff at her place.  pronto.  Because when you feel like that you should at least get a little pampering.  

• Like 5

And I need a couple staff people helping me get ready for party tomorrow.  Dh has been a huge help, but I need more.  And I need staff who can read my mind and put things where they go because I can't work and communicate sensibly at the same time.  Do we have any staff who can read minds?   :D

• Like 6

And I need a couple staff people helping me get ready for party tomorrow. Dh has been a huge help, but I need more. And I need staff who can read my mind and put things where they go because I can't work and communicate sensibly at the same time. Do we have any staff who can read minds? :D

I'll send Lucille and Myrna over, stat. They are amazing. You can just put your feet up with a cold beverage and let them work their magic.

And that is a "Party Magic" Booya/h!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 6

Dh is going to the doctor today, finally.

Ds21 has put in an official request for a nurse to call him within 24 hours to see if he has had a ttg test done.

We have an Old Lady Party this afternoon which I am quite worried that I will forget about.

Performance #2 tonight.

I am quite amazed that you can do an Old Lady Party and a performance in the same day/night.  That would be WAY too much socializing and communicating and doing stuff for me all in one day.  That's when I think there might be something wrong with me.  Remember when Tex was diagnosing us (with disclaimers, of course) for free?

Well, no need in crying over undiagnosed weirdness.  I've got to get back to work on the house.  See you during the afternoon break.   :)

• Like 5

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Slache needs some staff at her place. pronto. Because when you feel like that you should at least get a little pampering.

I'll send my kittens over for her to watch for a while. They are hilarious. Cooper is attacking a Nerf gun dart and Cleo is doing her best Halloween cat impression. Then Cleo attacks Cooper and they are both rolling around on the patio.
  • Like 5

:grouphug:

• Like 1

Dh: I don't know if I should go to the doctor.

Me: Is it better?

Dh: I was only dizzy twice yesterday. And it could just be ___ or ____ or _____.

Me: Go to the doctor.

Dh: Maybe I'll go next week.

Me, preparing the Laser Glare: Go now and be done with it.

Dh: OK.

• Like 8

(((AMJ))) that stinks!

Thanks.  It will all be over with by bedtime tomorrow.

I gave myself a treat -- I went clothes shopping for ME after my blood draw this morning.  I realized I had only 6 pair of the pants I wear through the hot weather, which isn't enough to go a week between doing my own laundry.  I also hadn't bought myself any new crops in years, waiting for myself to lose more weight.  As it is I did buy the next size smaller to what I already had -- it just wasn't two or more sizes smaller.  I'm good with that.

I bought 4 pair of crops, 3 t-shirts because mine are nearly all getting rather tired-looking, and a couple of skirts.  I actually have skirts that fit now!  I will have to look into shoes to see if I have any dressy ones I can handle with my current knees (the mid heels will have to go), but shoe shopping will have to wait for another pay period.

I spent more and bought more than I intended, but I always have trouble finding clothes that fit and look decent on me.  When I actually find some I pretty much have to buy them then -- I can't count on them still being there later.

• Like 4

Do we have staff that are trained in animal care? Who can make more sick crates and pick up cat medicine and handle a sick chicken?

(((Critter)))

Dr. John D. is happy to join our staff and is eagerly awaiting meeting his patients.

• Like 4

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 2

One word....lie.

Gasp, did I just say that?? I am an extremely honest person. But I don't think my drivers license has ever had my correct weight. Usually I just state my goal weight.

If I lied, I would say 150lbs and I'm pretty sure that the double chin in my picture gives away that I am not, in fact, 150lbs. HAHAHA 

Ok, random - is my tiny town just special? Today, she gave me an official piece of paper with my picture. It's my 30 day "temporary license" and my real license will come in the mail. 

I'm sure this happened when we first moved here, but everywhere else, I've always received the real license the same day. 

What do you get when you get a renewed license? 

• Like 2

If I lied, I would say 150lbs and I'm pretty sure that the double chin in my picture gives away that I am not, in fact, 150lbs. HAHAHA

Ok, random - is my tiny town just special? Today, she gave me an official piece of paper with my picture. It's my 30 day "temporary license" and my real license will come in the mail.

I'm sure this happened when we first moved here, but everywhere else, I've always received the real license the same day.

What do you get when you get a renewed license?

We get a temporary one until the real one comes in to mail.

• Like 3