Menu

Ignore this thread!

ahh, just found it.

So, I guess I'll type up a letter and send it off.

ETA: Lovely, there are conflicting statements on the website. Gotta love Missouri. :huh:

Hmm, since you started the registration and they know she exists, I'd probably just send in the intent form.

• Like 3

ahh, just found it. 

ETA: Lovely, there are conflicting statements on the website. Gotta love Missouri.  :huh:

I don't see anything about what age compulsory education begins. I absolutely would not send a notice of intent in for K unless I have to. I think most states require kids to begin by the school year that they would enter as 6yr olds or 1st grade. Sometimes filing the letter of intent obligates you to do things or puts you under regulations that you can't escape from easily if you change your mind. 

DDs teacher sent me a note and said she's going to move them apart and will talk to the other kid. She's taking it more seriously than I expected. I hope DD doesn't get upset and that the boy doesn't get in too much trouble. I only wanted one of them to be moved to another seat. Since I was not there, I don't really know the whole story and this is the first time she's complained about this boy. DD usually gets along with everyone. 

School is hard! Homeschool is hard! It doesn't matter what you choose, neither is an easier path. 

• Like 5

ahh, just found it. 

ETA: Lovely, there are conflicting statements on the website. Gotta love Missouri.  :huh:

According to HSLDA, compulsory school age is *7*. But notice the caveat; I don't know if your previous experience with the school counts as having your child enrolled...

• Like 3

I'm up. Weapon X wants ice cream for breakfast.

☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕

ðŸ¦ðŸ¦ðŸ¦ðŸ¦ðŸ¦ðŸ¦ðŸ¦ðŸ¦ðŸ¦ðŸ¦

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Why not? 😀

• Like 1

I don't see anything about what age compulsory education begins. I absolutely would not send a notice of intent in for K unless I have to. I think most states require kids to begin by the school year that they would enter as 6yr olds or 1st grade. Sometimes filing the letter of intent obligates you to do things or puts you under regulations that you can't escape from easily if you change your mind. 

Missouri compulsory age is 7. 

Missouri doesn't regulate homeschooling. It's pretty easy to homeschool here. They "require" you to do portfolios, but never check them unless there's a complaint filed with DHS. 

• Like 1

Krissi and Lana are going for the coffee marathon. Could be fun!

☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

We are done with our first day of summer lessons. I feel like a scrambled egg. Now I need to put away laundry. And do more emails.

• Like 3

According to HSLDA, compulsory school age is *7*. But notice the caveat; I don't know if your previous experience with the school counts as having your child enrolled...

HSLDA makes it a lot nicer to read than Missouri's DESE site. Yeah, I'm not sure. Since they have birth certificate and social on file, I think I should probably go ahead and just do the letter. Better safe than sorry, I guess. 

• Like 4

HSLDA makes it a lot nicer to read than Missouri's DESE site. Yeah, I'm not sure. Since they have birth certificate and social on file, I think I should probably go ahead and just do the letter. Better safe than sorry, I guess. 

Personally, I'm more of a "Better to ask forgiveness than to ask for permission" kind of a gal. ;)

• Like 3

Educational Post!

Reported!

My kids were surprisingly enthusiastic about the short creative writing assignment. They had to write (in cursive) anywhere from 3 sentences (dd8) to 3 paragraphs (dd14). They could choose any one of about 40 writing prompts. Ds12 went into a bit of a distressed panic until I told him the prompt that said "Today for lunch..." *could* be his description of what he wished he could make for lunch, and he jumped into that with gusto (Italian sub sandwich). :D

• Like 7

DDs teacher sent me a note and said she's going to move them apart and will talk to the other kid. She's taking it more seriously than I expected. I hope DD doesn't get upset and that the boy doesn't get in too much trouble. I only wanted one of them to be moved to another seat. Since I was not there, I don't really know the whole story and this is the first time she's complained about this boy. DD usually gets along with everyone. 

School is hard! Homeschool is hard! It doesn't matter what you choose, neither is an easier path. 

The boy might (maybe) be trying to get her (DD's) undivided attention.

If the teacher moves both kids she can't be seen as playing favorites -- a real problem with some parents, even if it's not true.

I'm glad the teacher is taking this seriously.  Smaller occurrences can build into bigger ones later on if left unchecked, and then parents start asking why something wasn't done sooner.  Kids go through awkward phases, and this boy might or might not be going through one.  By talking with him she can get a feel for what's going on with him.

• Like 2

Despite all of my efforts to prevent a train wreck in a group event situation, said train wreck has occurred. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to save the day or set fire to the wreckage.  ***sigh***

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Shall ENB just come and trample it all into oblivion?

• Like 7

Despite all of my efforts to prevent a train wreck in a group event situation, said train wreck has occurred. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to save the day or set fire to the wreckage.  ***sigh***

Fires are good for roasting marshmallows which are good for s'mores which make every situation happy. 

• Like 13

Happy Wednesday!

I tried ketchupping.  I failed. 

Our "vacation" work week is ongoing.... we are soon to be a 3-bedroom house instead of a 2-bedroom.  (By splitting a room.  Not by adding one.  So not as exciting, but it will help with resale.)

Everybody needs me, so this is just a quick hi and bye!

:sad:  :seeya:

• Like 8

Our state age used to be 8. Then, when I was debating whether or not to start Gymnast or wait (this school year), I re-read the law and they had changed it to age 5.  :glare:

Despite all of my efforts to prevent a train wreck in a group event situation, said train wreck has occurred. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to save the day or set fire to the wreckage. ***sigh***

:grouphug: :grouphug:

Shall ENB just come and trample it all into oblivion?

Fires are good for roasting marshmallows which are good for s'mores which make every situation happy.

I vote flamethrower.

:iagree: When "flamethrower" is an option, always vote flamethrower.

Fire! Fire!

I vote flame-thrower as well!!!

And on a serious note, I'm sorry this is going on!,

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

I spent about 15 minutes detangling dd8's very long hair, which appears to not have been brushed the entire week we were gone. :ack2:

There's something about dds who are 8 and very long hair.  I ended up slathering conditioner in just to get a brush through. We've gone to keeping her hair in a braid, generally.

• Like 6

There's something about dds who are 8 and very long hair.  I ended up slathering conditioner in just to get a brush through. We've gone to keeping her hair in a braid, generally.

Or dds who are 6 with curly hair. Amazing how that can slip right by, especially when the "helping sibling" is really only combing the top you can see.  :glare:  :svengo:

• Like 5

I was in Walgreens the other day buying sanitary pads, and there was a much older lady buying Poise. I felt like asking her if those worked better than what I was buying, or should I just wait until menopause before switching completely over.  :leaving:

• Like 4

I forgot that I'm supposed to be prettified this afternoon at the salon. This is a major undertaking for the stylist. I'm a good puppy and sit still, but apparently there is only so much that can be done for my inner Yorkshire terrier.

• Like 5

My cervix has breached our written contract and I am hereby becoming a boy. I will notify you all of my surgery date and coming out party. Potted plants will not be an acceptable gift.

:nopity: :smash: :willy_nilly:

Seriously? I don't believe you cause no way would your crappy healthcare network decide so quickly.....

(Are you really having surgery? I don't have a potted plant OR your new address...)

• Like 2

Two kids' worth of filing is done.  Two to go, and thankfully they are the younger two, so there's less of it and my memory will be more helpful as far as dating everything.   It doesn't look like I'll get to it right now, though.  Dh could really use the kids not in the house while he hauls drywall, and we need stuff from Target, so....

Errands with all five kids in tow for me.  And none our OUR blue-law stores provide liquor samples.   :zombie:

I'm moving to Texas.

• Like 6

I was cleaning the boys' bathroom because...it smelled like a boys' bathroom. I twisted my back funny and now it hurts, but the urine smell is somewhat diminished. I'm calling it a win.

Anti-Icky-Poo. Good stuff for cat and puppy mistakes, and for boys' bathrooms. And sometimes for boys' clothing.

• Like 2

Also, I hate people who lie to me. We've been waiting to set Weapon X's dental appointment because the dentist needed 50% to schedule, with the remaining 50% to be paid on the date of the service. I called today to schedule and now they want 75% with the remainder to be paid a week prior to service. And I'm mad. 😠

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My cervix has breached our written contract and I am hereby becoming a boy. I will notify you all of my surgery date and coming out party. Potted plants will not be an acceptable gift.

:nopity: :smash: :willy_nilly:

All right, then how about a pot plant?? That's legal here in the Great State of California, you know!
  • Like 2