#94451 JoJosMom

JoJosMom

NBWG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7293 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:43 AM

Page 24:

Did it work? (and please don't tell me to just keep reading - I tend to notice spelling mistakes a lot more than grammar mistakes, so I may not be able to tell the difference).

Re:  Strunk and White's The Elements of Style

Everyone should have a copy.  It's awesome.

ETA:   Oh!  What an awesome BOOYA!

Edited by JoJosMom, 19 May 2017 - 11:48 AM.

• Jean in Newcastle, Openhearted and Junie like this

#94452 Renai

Renai

Icon Queen and Head Ninja Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11929 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:45 AM

Page 22 seemed prescient:

Of course, it's not like we listen to instructions like that. Though realistically, it might take me a year to catch up. How many points does one get for catching up anyway?

About a billion. Because then the thread will be twice the length it is now.

• KrissiK and JoJosMom like this

#94453 JoJosMom

JoJosMom

NBWG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7293 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:45 AM

Dd11 finished her WWs and now we are officilly done for the year! Woohoo! I got a high five this time. :)

Gloating!  Not attractive.  You and Lynn can fight over the time-out chair. :glare:

(Congratulations, I suppose. To both of you. pouting-face-smiley-emoticon.gif)

• Jean in Newcastle and KrissiK like this

#94454 JoJosMom

JoJosMom

NBWG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7293 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:46 AM

The book assumed I knew basic grammar which I didn't, so no. I have no opinion on the book, but I'm using something else now.

The book is awesome.  You must keep it and re-read it and treasure it forever.

#94455 Slache

Slache

Repaired With Gold

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22347 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:54 AM

My BYOB referral link: http://www.buildyour...17/?lucky=42214

The book is awesome.  You must keep it and re-read it and treasure it forever.

I assumed so. I have no intention of getting rid of it, I'm just not reading it right now.

• JoJosMom likes this

#94456 JoJosMom

JoJosMom

NBWG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7293 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:57 AM

Serious post.

Could you all remember DD in your prayers?   The whole youth group thing is really weighing on her.  She loves working with her Cubbies; it's the highlight of her week.  But Journey and youth group have her so disenchanted that she is considering quitting it all.  Jean had it right; the group is not for discussion but indoctrination.  I found out that in an earlier series, youth group dad/leader played a video series of a debate between a YE proponent and an OE proponent.  But he only played the YE half.  Another time they  we watching what was in DDs mind a great series on defending the faith, but youth group dad abruptly ended it when he found out the author was OE, even though creation was NOT a topic discussed.  She's an unhappy monkey and I am so very upset that her view of the Church is being so damaged. :sad:

• Jean in Newcastle, Another Lynn, Susan in TN and 3 others like this

#94457 Junie

Junie

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6867 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:06 PM

(((JoJo)))

• JoJosMom likes this

#94458 Jean in Newcastle

Jean in Newcastle

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66721 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:10 PM

I want to lose 3 pounds.  I always want to lose 3 pounds.  If I lose 1 pound, I want to lose 3 more pounds.  If I lose those 3 pounds, I will want to lose 3 more pounds.  I figure that losing 3 pounds is doable.  Losing 100 doesn't seem doable.  So this is how I'm approaching it.  (I've actually lost 3 pounds. But the trick is to keep losing  3 more instead of gaining a portion or all of it back.  I'm not sure why I'm putting this out there.  Perhaps so that the cheerleaders among you might get out your pom-poms?  I'm ignoring my doctor who told me to stop walking because of my knees right now because the only reason I lost those 3 pounds (despite being lower carb and gluten free and dairy free) is because I'm walking over my step goal most days.  And Slache, don't tell me to Zumba because Zumba would make me cry right now - cuz owie knees.  Dh says that losing weight will help my knees because they won't have to be lifting 100 extra pounds anymore.  I knew that. 

• Another Lynn, JoJosMom, Openhearted and 1 other like this

#94459 KrissiK

KrissiK

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13943 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:17 PM

Oh, JJM. I am sorry!! And you know, they must not be that "sold" on their viewpoint if it can not, in their minds, stand up to questioning or critique. You are right, it is indoctrination by narrow minded people. It's not apologetics.

Edited by KrissiK, 19 May 2017 - 12:19 PM.

• JoJosMom, Openhearted and ikslo like this

#94460 KrissiK

KrissiK

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13943 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:17 PM

((Jeannie)) trying to lose weight sucks!! It's hard and no fun and it just sucks!!

Edited by KrissiK, 19 May 2017 - 12:18 PM.

• Jean in Newcastle, Susan in TN and Openhearted like this

#94461 luuknam

luuknam

Think before you arithmetic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:27 PM

:iagree: Yes, this. This is very important.

Okay then! Done!

#94462 Jean in Newcastle

Jean in Newcastle

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66721 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:28 PM

Fielding calls about MIL who apparently still isn't doing well.  Trying to get the right messages to the right people who can evaluate the situation and make the right decisions.  It doesn't help that dh (who is a nurse and is the best person to figure this out) is off site for work.

• Susan in TN likes this

#94463 AMJ

AMJ

Magnificent Matriarch & Elephant ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14979 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:29 PM

Remember our squash bug plague a couple of years ago? I must have eradicated them - one bug in soapy water at a time - because only three appeared last year. I'm wondering what it will be like this year. I was super vigilant, and picked off any semblance of squash or potato bug or eggs from each plant. It's a good thing I have a small garden. We haven't had the same luck with grasshoppers though. 

Yeah, the great plague of locusts I was expecting (from some unusually loud grasshopper song earlier this spring) hasn't materialized yet, but there are definitely more of them out there this year.

#94464 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14979 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:31 PM

I hate geese. I think we should institute some kind of public holiday where we place snares all over the public parks and then roast them all in a giant bonfire for the city's poor.

I have always like to watch the Canadian geese fly over our farm in MN when I was a teen.

I lost all love for the critters when they took over all of the city parks in my college town in CO.

• Susan in TN likes this

#94465 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14979 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:33 PM

So.... here's the deal. I have shoulder length hair. It's really been getting on my nerves lately. And I have a "Cut & Color" tomorrow. I've very tempted to go with a chin length bob. I may be going through a mid-life crisis. But if I hate it, it will eventually grow out.

My hair has grown down to mid-sternum.  I may get tired soon and go get it cut back to collarbone or a little higher.  I just need that ability to ponytail it at the mid- to upper back of my skull.

• KrissiK likes this

#94466 Critterfixer

Critterfixer

Mr. Mom-Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12645 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:34 PM

Hmm, do tell. I just do the snatch-and-drop. (snatch them off the plant and drop them into soapy water.

I don't like to touch them because they stink and it gets stuck on my fingers. I cut them in half with scissors, and squash any eggs I find.

#94467 JoJosMom

JoJosMom

NBWG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7293 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:34 PM

I want to lose 3 pounds.  I always want to lose 3 pounds.  If I lose 1 pound, I want to lose 3 more pounds.  If I lose those 3 pounds, I will want to lose 3 more pounds.  I figure that losing 3 pounds is doable.  Losing 100 doesn't seem doable.  So this is how I'm approaching it.  (I've actually lost 3 pounds. But the trick is to keep losing  3 more instead of gaining a portion or all of it back.  I'm not sure why I'm putting this out there.  Perhaps so that the cheerleaders among you might get out your pom-poms?  I'm ignoring my doctor who told me to stop walking because of my knees right now because the only reason I lost those 3 pounds (despite being lower carb and gluten free and dairy free) is because I'm walking over my step goal most days.  And Slache, don't tell me to Zumba because Zumba would make me cry right now - cuz owie knees.  Dh says that losing weight will help my knees because they won't have to be lifting 100 extra pounds anymore.  I knew that. 

I think this is an awesome approach.  I will steal it.

• Jean in Newcastle likes this

#94468 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14979 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

See, I was thinking of cervixes when I wrote that...where is your brain?  :mellow:

Yup, I was still thinking cervixes (cervices?), too.  I think food helped clear my brain.  I can't remember the things I almost typed, but they were grossly hilarious.

• ikslo likes this

#94469 Another Lynn

Another Lynn

From the land of Lynn's Learning Lockdown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9895 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:36 PM

(((Jo)))

Jean, Jean, she'll be lean!   :hurray:

If Jean can't do it, no one can!   :hurray:

(Sorry, I was never a cheerleader).  What about swimming?  Can you swim at the Y to get exercise without hurting your knees?

• Jean in Newcastle, Susan in TN, JoJosMom and 2 others like this

#94470 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14979 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:38 PM

I think it's a mullein (I looked up "velvety plants"). But, I've interacted with this plant before, and didn't have any problem. I just had dh look at the sensitive side and he said there's some granitos...little bumps...in that area.

Sounds like an allergic reaction, perhaps to something that had been applied to the plant or the plant's leaves were exposed to.  If it is an allergic reaction it could also be your system was fending off other allergens and this was the one thing too many at the time.  How have the other allergens been where you are?

#94471 Critterfixer

Critterfixer

Mr. Mom-Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12645 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:39 PM

JJM--any more discussion about taking the issues to the elders? 

#94472 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14979 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:39 PM

It's totally okay to quote things out of context right? Because page 26 yielded this gem, if I just cut out the stuff she said before and after it:

Luuknam is a lot of fun!  Hoorah for vignettes from the past!

• Openhearted, ikslo and luuknam like this

#94473 Critterfixer

Critterfixer

Mr. Mom-Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12645 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:41 PM

The hairs on the mullein plant are known to cause dermatitis from time to time, Renai. 

#94474 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14979 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:44 PM

I'm going to have to check out their cookbook and the Veggie Challenge. The Challenge will be at a good time because I was also planning a detox.

In the Fresh20 cookbook they provide 4 weekly menus for each of the 4 seasons, the recipes for the menus, and a few other tidbits of info and advice.  My one beef about the book is the photos.  They are lovely and all over the place (each day's recipe page has a full-page photo on the facing page), but they don't always show the main (most difficult) assembled dish!  Sometimes it's just the sides, sometimes it's something part of the way through.  There are dishes in that book I really wanted a photo of so I would have a better idea in my mind of what is intended.

I think the Veggie Challenge was mentioned in the current issue of Eating Well.  You can also look for an app called VegOut!  There are at least two with very similar names -- the one these folks put out didn't ask me for any special permissions when I went to install it.

#94475 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14979 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:45 PM

I'm going to have to check out their cookbook and the Veggie Challenge. The Challenge will be at a good time because I was also planning a detox.

My lunch today was a stir-fry of 5 different veggies and some tofu.  Cleaning out the fridge!

#94476 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14979 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:46 PM

I think it depends on the brand or type. Because, I remember there was one that was good. I just don't remember what that one was. And I think it was seasoned with red peppers or something. It's a vague, very vague, memory.

Sounds like something that could be quite yummy, if we simply don't think cream cheese and instead think creamy spread.

#94477 Jean in Newcastle

Jean in Newcastle

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66721 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:47 PM

Fielding calls about MIL who apparently still isn't doing well.  Trying to get the right messages to the right people who can evaluate the situation and make the right decisions.  It doesn't help that dh (who is a nurse and is the best person to figure this out) is off site for work.

Quoting myself to say that dh was able to call and the doctor was going off of an old message.  MIL is still doing ok at the moment.  Phew!  I thought that I was going to have to drop everything to take MIL back to the hospital. 

• Another Lynn, Critterfixer, JoJosMom and 2 others like this

#94478 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14979 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:47 PM

You know that's right!

I think AMJ started the tradition. Back around page 50 or so....

(ya'll do realize that most of the time I make up page numbers when I'm referring to something, right?)

AARGGH!  Yup, outta likes yet again.

#94479 luuknam

luuknam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:49 PM

Luuknam is a lot of fun!  Hoorah for vignettes from the past!

Thanks! Page 35:

Treinta cinco. Booya.

You're amazing, Slash.  Gloating in a foreign language-that's a gazillion points right there.

A.MA.ZING.

Whomever gets page 2000 will have to post in 2000 languages.  :biggrinjester:

• JoJosMom likes this

#94480 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14979 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:52 PM

I am so unmotivated today. We haven't done a thing. I just want to write today off, but then I look at th clock and think, "It's still early. We could still get some stuff done."
Maybe after another cup of coffee.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

I'm kind of having a day like that today, too.  I am getting clothing laundry done, but not put away.  I did cook my lunch and I tidied up my tea cabinet, but only because I wanted veggies for lunch and to be able to see what teas I have so I can drink them up instead of just storing them indefinitely.  Oh, and we classed.

We are due to got to ILs' house for supper this evening.  My knee is acting up and I'm feeling noised out.  I will likely send DH and the girls and stay home myself to binge-watch Netflix stuff with my knee elevated.

I'm calling it a mental health day.  It's appropriate after the WEIRD dreams I had early this morning before waking up.  They were scary dreams.  *sniffle*

#94481 Renai

Renai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11929 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:54 PM

Serious post.

Could you all remember DD in your prayers?   The whole youth group thing is really weighing on her.  She loves working with her Cubbies; it's the highlight of her week.  But Journey and youth group have her so disenchanted that she is considering quitting it all.  Jean had it right; the group is not for discussion but indoctrination.  I found out that in an earlier series, youth group dad/leader played a video series of a debate between a YE proponent and an OE proponent.  But he only played the YE half.  Another time they  we watching what was in DDs mind a great series on defending the faith, but youth group dad abruptly ended it when he found out the author was OE, even though creation was NOT a topic discussed.  She's an unhappy monkey and I am so very upset that her view of the Church is being so damaged. :sad:

Yes, this is what happened to DAncer.  :grouphug:

ETA: different circumstances, same disillusionment. 

Edited by Renai, 19 May 2017 - 12:55 PM.

#94482 luuknam

luuknam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:57 PM

Oh, hey, page 35 has the first male hula video that's NOT unavailable!

• Susan in TN, JoJosMom, Slache and 1 other like this

#94483 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14979 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:57 PM

Serious post.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

That guy is not the faith.  No one person is the faith.  Why is he even in charge of ANY kids?  Can she quit his group and still have her Cubbies?

• JoJosMom and whitehawk like this

#94484 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14979 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:58 PM

You can do it!  I'll shoot for 3 lbs at a time right along with you.  Rah rah rah for both of us!

• Jean in Newcastle and Openhearted like this

#94485 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14979 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:59 PM

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

#94486 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14979 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:00 PM

I think this is an awesome approach.  I will steal it.

Rah rah rah for the three of us!

#94487 AMJ

AMJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14979 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:01 PM

Quoting myself to say that dh was able to call and the doctor was going off of an old message.  MIL is still doing ok at the moment.  Phew!  I thought that I was going to have to drop everything to take MIL back to the hospital. 

Oh, good!  I hope she continues to improve!

• Jean in Newcastle likes this

#94488 JoJosMom

JoJosMom

NBWG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7293 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:06 PM

JJM--any more discussion about taking the issues to the elders? 

I really want to but the short person is adamantly against.  There are some suggestions that at least a faction of the church favors the current approach.  For example, youth leader has said that he will only present X viewpoint out of respect for the church, implying strongly that any deviation from the church's view is disrespectful on their premises.  I just don't know how official that is.  I do know that one elder does NOT hold that view, but I have no clue about the others.  This is not a church that I do or will attend, so I definitely don't want to rock any boats.  It's their church and they are entitled to their viewpoint.  It's just the absolute crushing of dissent or questions that bothers me.  DD is only there for social reasons, but even that desire is diminishing rapidly.  It's only DD's complete and utter devotion to the Cubbies that's keeping her at this point.

• Openhearted likes this

#94489 Renai

Renai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11929 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:08 PM

Wait... top of page?

ETA:

BOOYA!

Woohoo!!!! Look who's with the Cool Kids now!

booya.png

• JoJosMom, Slache, Openhearted and 1 other like this

#94490 Renai

Renai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11929 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:10 PM

I don't like to touch them because they stink and it gets stuck on my fingers. I cut them in half with scissors, and squash any eggs I find.

That whole goo factor, though, lol! Yes, I did a lot of egg squashing. I must have done a very thorough job the year before. BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I hope I'm not jinxing myself.

• Critterfixer and AMJ like this

#94491 Renai

Renai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11929 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:11 PM

Yup, I was still thinking cervixes (cervices?), too.  I think food helped clear my brain.  I can't remember the things I almost typed, but they were grossly hilarious.

Danggit! We missed AMJ's profound hangry thoughts. :(

• AMJ and ikslo like this

#94492 JoJosMom

JoJosMom

NBWG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7293 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:11 PM

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

That guy is not the faith.  No one person is the faith.  Why is he even in charge of ANY kids?  Can she quit his group and still have her Cubbies?

She could stop youth group but not Awana Journey (he leads both.)  To be students leaders, the kids must be in good standing in Awana (which I totally understand and support.)

And she knows that his is not the only view, it's just that it's the one she's stuck with, IYKWIM?  This is a small area and most of the churches are just as dogmatic.  The only others are radical the other direction with an average age of about a thousand (so no youth groups.)

#94493 Renai

Renai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11929 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:12 PM

Sounds like an allergic reaction, perhaps to something that had been applied to the plant or the plant's leaves were exposed to.  If it is an allergic reaction it could also be your system was fending off other allergens and this was the one thing too many at the time.  How have the other allergens been where you are?

I don't really pay attention to allergen stuff because we haven't dealt with allergies. I don't think they treat the plants on the kids' playgrounds though.

#94494 Renai

Renai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11929 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:13 PM

The hairs on the mullein plant are known to cause dermatitis from time to time, Renai. 

Ok, thanks. This is getting ridiculous. I just washed my face AGAIN. My poor dry skin...

• Critterfixer likes this

#94495 JoJosMom

JoJosMom

NBWG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7293 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:13 PM

Wait... top of page?

ETA:

BOOYA!

This is a most excellent post, luuknam!  May I now formally welcome you into the Cool Kids Club? :coolgleamA:

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

• Slache and luuknam like this

#94496 Renai

Renai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11929 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:14 PM

In the Fresh20 cookbook they provide 4 weekly menus for each of the 4 seasons, the recipes for the menus, and a few other tidbits of info and advice.  My one beef about the book is the photos.  They are lovely and all over the place (each day's recipe page has a full-page photo on the facing page), but they don't always show the main (most difficult) assembled dish!  Sometimes it's just the sides, sometimes it's something part of the way through.  There are dishes in that book I really wanted a photo of so I would have a better idea in my mind of what is intended.

I think the Veggie Challenge was mentioned in the current issue of Eating Well.  You can also look for an app called VegOut!  There are at least two with very similar names -- the one these folks put out didn't ask me for any special permissions when I went to install it.

Cool. I think I'll put it on my To Purchase One Day In The Future list. I have several menus from when I had subscribed to them years ago, so I'm used to no pictures. We've liked several of their recipes, and quite a few are go-tos.

#94497 Renai

Renai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11929 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:14 PM

My lunch today was a stir-fry of 5 different veggies and some tofu.  Cleaning out the fridge!

Argh!

#94498 lanalouwho

lanalouwho

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1713 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:23 PM

I am so unmotivated today. We haven't done a thing. I just want to write today off, but then I look at th clock and think, "It's still early. We could still get some stuff done."
Maybe after another cup of coffee.

Ugh....apparently my lady time is the culprit for my lethargy. I've had the implant (and no lady time) for so long I forgot about this side effect. Today is cancelled. Bring on the Netflix and *Bon-bons.

*I don't actually have nor have I ever had Bon-bons. But I do have a bucket of leftover Easter candy. That's the same, right?

• Jean in Newcastle, Another Lynn, KrissiK and 3 others like this

#94499 Lotsoflittleducklings

Lotsoflittleducklings

Quacker’s Quassical Quackademy of Querulous Questants

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4227 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:30 PM

:lol:

That's page 10, people. Unfortunately, that means I'm still a *little* bit behind. Y'all are welcome to place bets on when I'll be caught up.

Welcome, luuknam!  

There's a test at the end, so take notes and don't skim.  

(I'm happy to cheat for you, though.  Just don't copy off of Slache... she sucks at spelling.)

#isaidsucks

• Jean in Newcastle, Susan in TN, JoJosMom and 3 others like this

#94500 Jean in Newcastle

Jean in Newcastle

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66721 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

MIL is still doing fine but her doctor wants to check her out anyway.  So more phone calls.  Arrgh.  Not the "like" kind of arrgh but the" I'm not getting anything done even though I realize that this is important and no one can plan for this sort of thing" kind of arrgh.  Oh and even though no one wants to talk to me but wants to talk to other people, they all call me and ask me to pass on the messages.  I should be paid as a receptionist.  Actually at one point in my past life I was a receptionist and it was a lot less complicated. 

• Another Lynn, Susan in TN, JoJosMom and 1 other like this