Menu

Ignore this thread!

I have signed one up for a summer camp he requested.  I have addressed graduation announcements/graduation/retirement party invitations.  I have made a phone call to get access code for OYAN.  

Seems like I've done more than that.... but bummer, I don't know what it was.   :o

• Like 3

Our last out-of-town visitors have departed. Happy laundry day to me.

We're working out the air conditioning details. It's going to be involved (e.g., replacing duct work in the attic, removing an old humidifier from the crawlspace...). Good thing we're happy driving old cars! :)

• Like 7

I finished ALL 4 math sessions this morning, and ALL 4 reading/phonics sessions too, AND did morning meeting.... which got us to lunch at 1:30.

Yay me! This never happens.

I really need to find out how 8fill pulled off her 1-on-1 approach and still did anything else in life. Like cooking. And peeing.

**shhh...she's not really human...she's a demon...**

• Like 3

Oops. Sorry... 8FillTheHeart is a longtime poster here on the boards. She talks a lot about her methods hsing her 8 children. And has published some curriculum now based on that. But she does tons of 1-on-1.

Ah, ok, I thought that was who you were talking about, but I had no idea she did a lot of 1-on-1. I try to do that with my kids and it takes forever and wears me out. Today, we actually all worked together, no 1-on-1, and it went much more quickly and easily, although it was more "class-roomish" with everyone working at the desks, instead of at the couch with me individually.
  • Like 4

Our last out-of-town visitors have departed. Happy laundry day to me.

We're working out the air conditioning details. It's going to be involved (e.g., replacing duct work in the attic, removing an old humidifier from the crawlspace...). Good thing we're happy driving old cars! :)

I'm so sorry.  The three weeks we were without a/c last year nearly killed me.  My advice: buy a window unit if you don't already have one so that you can at least sleep.  What they tell you will take three days ends up dragging on for weeks---delays in ordering, problems scheduling installation, and other hiccups along the way.

• Like 2

Ah well, if there were no above average homeschool moms who would inspire us and write cool curricula? If every homeschool mom was like me conventions would just be a bunch of us lying around in yoga pants eating brownies telling each other, "It's ok."

You say that like it's a bad thing. ???

• Like 7

Ah well, if there were no above average homeschool moms who would inspire us and write cool curricula? If every homeschool mom was like me conventions would just be a bunch of us lying around in yoga pants eating brownies telling each other, "It's ok."

I want to go to that convention.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 8

I love this. This made me laugh out loud.

It's still making me laugh.

And it kind of makes me want to cry, too.

I need some COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

• Like 4

Yup. I have plain, triple chocolate, turtle, mint, and chocolate frosted brownies. Also: brownie kebabs (alternating with strawberries and brownie bites).

Why do you people do this to me???

Now I really need some COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

• Like 5

I cooked dinner. Steak, green beans and scalloped potatoes. It was delicious. The boys just picked at it, and I don't even care. I deserved a good meal.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

I wouldn't have picked at it. I would have wolfed it down. Especially if the green beans had sautéed mushrooms and bacon.
  • Like 6

You forgot to teach the kids!

Oh no!   :willy_nilly:   :leaving:

Getting lonely? Enjoying talking to yourself? Did we just not get your point that you weren't teaching your children, and they're going to grow up neglected and lead a life a crime? Or what?

• Like 3

I think ds has recovered. He has consumed cheerios, toast, and coconut water and says he is feeling "not so weak".

The rest of us went to an Old Lady Party. One of the birthday lady turned 97 yesterday. Another lady there will turn 101 next month. We picked up dh from work and stopped by a display/sale of Dr. Suess art at a local gallery. Dinner was turkey/cranberry wraps and rice. It smells like perfume in my room and I have to get out before I lose my sanity.

• Like 5

ITT draws the line at cannibalism. No Eating Spuds!

I don't think so. I eat my children all the time. This was discussed back around pages 736 or so. In fact, I remember quite a few cannibals on ITT. We just promised to not eat one another.

• Like 2

I don't think so. I eat my children all the time. This was discussed back around pages 736 or so. In fact, I remember quite a few cannibals on ITT. We just promised to not eat one another.

But she's a potato. :( I really, really like potatoes.

• Like 1

I think I might be dying of death. I'm so tired I thought I ought to slap myself to stay awake while driving home. I am in bed now and promise to stay there until tomorrow when I have to get up early again. Yawn. Nighty-night.

• Like 5

Saturday/Tuesday: Shepherd's Pie

Sunday/Wednesday: Pulled Pork Carnitas w/GF Wraps

Monday/Thursday: Tuna Cakes w/ Callaloo

Breakfast: Sausage, eggs, sweet potato hash and warm lemon water.

2nd Breakfast: Green smoothies

Lunch: Spinach salad

Combine that with daily 2 mile walks and some yoga and I'll be thin by Friday. Right?

• Like 2

Saturday/Tuesday: Shepherd's Pie

Sunday/Wednesday: Pulled Pork Carnitas w/GF Wraps

Monday/Thursday: Tuna Cakes w/ Callaloo

Breakfast: Sausage, eggs, sweet potato hash and warm lemon water.

2nd Breakfast: Green smoothies

Lunch: Spinach salad

Combine that with daily 2 mile walks and some yoga and I'll be thin by Friday. Right?

If you go only with what's in bold you could be thin by Thursday.

• Like 4

We had dinner. Now I want a brownie. Quick -- someone create a brownie avatar!

I had ice cream after dinner. As a dessert, it is relatively low-carb. 12 g per 1/2 cup. There are 14 grams of carbs in 1 brownie. I did good today. I weighed myself on Monday morning and I'd gained 5 lbs, since the beginning of the year.😩 but, I've been sticking to the plan all week, so hopefully next Monday I will see some change. Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2