Menu

Ignore this thread!

Jean:  I will clarify my statement.

I think that you should keep the cardiologist, because it appears that she is actually doing the necessary medical work and making progress.  I think you should consider the bazooka as an educational aid, because clearly the doctor needs some serious motivation to enroll in and excel at the ITT Interpersonal Communication Boot Camp.

• Like 9

I'm back and breakfasting. Closed all the windows and am hoping to hold out till late afternoon before turning the AC on. 😡😡☀ï¸ðŸ”¥. And then I'm gonna load up the kids and go visit JJM where it's 77 beautiful degrees!ðŸ’💕

Lana, what kind of engineering degree is your DH going to pursue?? My DH is a mechanical engineer.

• Like 5

And so, y'all remember that Mr. Ellie had a car accident last August. It is still not settled. o_0

There were three cars involved:

Car 1, with V driving, M a passenger.

Car 2, driven by Mr. Ellie

Car 3, driven by someone whose name I don't know; we'll call her D.

Mr. Ellie hit car 1; it was a minor fender-bender. Both he and the other driver pulled over and ahead several feet, and were standing outside of the two vehicles exchanging insurance information and whatnot.

Car 3 came careening around the corner, crashing into Mr. Ellie's car and pushing it into Car 1 and knocking Mr. Ellie and M to the ground. M was hurt and taken by ambulance to the hospital. She died a few days later of her injuries. :crying: Mr. Ellie went to the emergency room later that night and had a CT scan. He has been seeing a chiropractor since September, because whiplash.

V, driver of Car 1, has sued both Mr. Ellie and D. M's survivors have sued Mr. Ellie and D. D has also sued Mr. Ellie, because if he had not caused the first accident, she could have made that corner at 50 mph with no problems (I don't know if she was going that fast, really, but seeing as how she totaled her own car and pushed Mr. Ellie's truck several feet over the curb and up onto the shoulder, she was surely going faster than was safe for the turn). We retained an attorney right away on the advice of the chiropractor, but we are not suing anyone. Insurance, as far as we can tell, is taking care of everything (thank goodness for AAA), but FCOL, this happened almost a year ago, and we want to know why blood-sucking attorneys had to get involved and encourage V and D to sue Mr. Ellie. :cursing:

Mr. Ellie is still pretty twisted about everything, bless his heart. He just wants it to be OVER.

That is all.

• Like 1

And so, y'all remember that Mr. Ellie had a car accident last August. It is still not settled. o_0

Mr. Ellie hit car 1; it was a minor fender-bender. Both he and the other driver pulled over and ahead several feet, and were standing outside of the two vehicles exchanging insurance information and whatnot.

Car 3 came careening around the corner, crashing into Mr. Ellie's car and pushing it into Car 1 and knocking Mr. Ellie and M to the ground. M was hurt and taken by ambulance to the hospital. She died a few days later of her injuries. :crying: Mr. Ellie went to the emergency room later that night and had a CT scan. He has been seeing a chiropractor since September, because whiplash.

V, driver of Car 1, has sued both Mr. Ellie and D. M's survivors have sued Mr. Ellie and D. D has also sued Mr. Ellie, because if he had not caused the first accident, she could have made that corner at 50 mph with no problems (I don't know if she was going that fast, really, but seeing as how she totaled her own car and pushed Mr. Ellie's truck several feet over the curb and up onto the shoulder, she was surely going faster than was safe for the turn). We retained an attorney right away on the advice of the chiropractor, but we are not suing anyone. Insurance, as far as we can tell, is taking care of everything (thank goodness for AAA), but FCOL, this happened almost a year ago, and we want to know why blood-sucking attorneys had to get involved and encourage V and D to sue Mr. Ellie. :cursing:

Mr. Ellie is still pretty twisted about everything, bless his heart. He just wants it to be OVER.

That is all.

:grouphug: , Ellie and Mr. Ellie. :sad:

Oh, Ellie!! I am so sorry!! What is wrong with people?? I cannot understand this litigious society we live in.

Honestly, much of this type of litigation these days is initiated by insurance companies.  The individuals involved frequently have no say in the matter.

• Like 1

Lana, what kind of engineering degree is your DH going to pursue?? My DH is a mechanical engineer.

He wants a mechanical engineer degree, but for his career industrial engineer makes the most sense. He's talking with a counselor today to get more info before he decides what he wants to do. I'm just proud of him because he's been talking about this for years and he's finally taking steps to make it a reality. Our finances have been holding him back.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 3

:grouphug: Ellie and Mr. Ellie :grouphug:

I wondered about how he was doing a few pages back, but I figured no response meant you didn't want to talk about it.  I'm glad that the insurance is handling things for now.  My thoughts are with you and Mr. Ellie.

• Like 2

I just turned down an offer of a brownie at work.  That was dumb, right?  I'm thinking I need to run after my co-worker and snatch the whole platter.

I also walked today at lunch.  Go, me. 

I really want that brownie. :crying:

• Like 9

I just turned down an offer of a brownie at work. That was dumb, right? I'm thinking I need to run after my co-worker and snatch the whole platter.

I also walked today at lunch. Go, me.

You are an awesome possum!! It was not dumb. You are being proactive with your health. Yay!!

I, on the other hand, want to curl up in my bed and sleep off the Benadryl. I've had 2 cups of coffee already, but my allergies are raging.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

PC people: when your computer freezes, am I correct in assuming that the proper response is not pounding on every key and button in hopes that something will happen?

Uh.......... no! Not the proper response. The correct response would be to call your neighbor to send over her 3 year old to fix it for you. 😜 Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

Goodnight, Twinkle-Toes!

I don't know what that means, but I'm offended! I am not a twinkle-toes! I think.

Slache, I don't know what thingy you're talking about, but I suspect it's hoity-toity.   

It was. Apparently it was also $8 a year so it's not happening.

Part of successful doctoring is saying words out loud with the mouth.

:smilielol5:

Good morning! Coffee!

My DH has decided to go to college to get an engineering degree. He has a meeting with the local CC admissions office this morning to find out what he needs to do next. I'm very proud of him. 

Jean, diagnoses are useless if you don't actually know about them. This is a problem that needs to be fixed. 

Susan, did you give DD her probiotics?

I'm going to take a shower before we school. Then I'm gonna learn these kids real good. 

:hurray:

I just turned down an offer of a brownie at work.  That was dumb, right?  I'm thinking I need to run after my co-worker and snatch the whole platter.

You did good.

• Like 2

PC people: when your computer freezes, am I correct in assuming that the proper response is not pounding on every key and button in hopes that something will happen?

No, sweetie.  We've discussed this before.  This is another one of those "Bazooka Moments."

• Like 4

Uh.......... no! Not the proper response. The correct response would be to call your neighbor to send over her 3 year old to fix it for you. 😜

No, sweetie. We've discussed this before. This is another one of those "Bazooka Moments."

I knew you guys would steer me in the right direction! :D

That's What Friends Are For Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you!

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6

:grouphug: :zombiechase: :zombiechase: :zombiechase:

Have you heard the Zombie Song? :laugh: (... If I were a zombie, I'd never eat your brain...)

https://lyricsandliterature2013.wordpress.com/song-analysis/song-10/

Oh wow!! That song is truly amazing. True love at its finest!!

Fortunately, the Benadryl is wearing off, I just have a splitting headache. I think some COFFEE☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ might take care of that. But I need to throw the dishes in the dishwasher before I indulge.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 1

I'm not sure if that's possible. It was very incredibly difficult to get into the Children's hospital system because everyone wants to get in. So now that we've been assigned this particular cardiologist, I'm not sure about rocking the boat to ask for another one. I might ask one if her other doctors about it. But of course they aren't specialized like the cardiologist.

Jean, I would keep the cardiologist, but I would let him/her know that you are not happy about not being properly informed.

Okay, maybe you could go full Mom on him/her, and state quite baldly that you expect to be fully, completely, and PROMPTLY informed of ALL things regarding your DD's condition?  I've run into a doctor or two here and there who figured they wouldn't "stress" the patient or family with "information overload", and figured the patient/family will ask if the need to know more.  They never seem to think that perhaps the patient/family isn't aware they need to ask about something.

• Like 1

Gonna be 77 here today and gorgeous.

Just sayin'.  ;)

It is gorgeous here, but quite windy.  I have had windows open most of the day to air out the house, but not as many as I intended, and the ones that are open aren't open quite as far.

I'm back and breakfasting. Closed all the windows and am hoping to hold out till late afternoon before turning the AC on. 😡😡☀ï¸ðŸ”¥. And then I'm gonna load up the kids and go visit JJM where it's 77 beautiful degrees!ðŸ’💕

So is mine!

• Like 1

That is all.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I'm so sorry this hasn't ended.  What has your lawyer been advising?  And what have the police done about this?  It could be D is trying to push blame elsewhere to duck a vehicular manslaughter charge.

ETA:  Do NOT cave in.  Many times people filing such suits are hoping to make life miserable enough the other side just caves in and gives them what they want.

Edited by AMJ

Rocky is not my favorite bear this morning.  I am way too old to be getting up multiple times during the night with a 60 pound "baby".  And it's not like I can "sleep when the baby sleeps". 

:grouphug:

• Like 1

You are an awesome possum!! It was not dumb. You are being proactive with your health. Yay!!

I, on the other hand, want to curl up in my bed and sleep off the Benadryl. I've had 2 cups of coffee already, but my allergies are raging.

I agree with Krissi.  Good job!

• Like 1

We are skipping story time today due to no one's willingness to be in the same room as ds12. I need to shower and finish laundry and do other piddly things before going to the volunteer dinner.

Okay, many and disparate things.  Gotcha.  I was wondering why YOU had to take a shower when it was DS12 who was clearing the room.  He took a shower, too, right?

• Like 2