Menu

Ignore this thread!

Our one toilet clogged 5 minutes after dh left. I can't find the plunger. Vinegar/baking soda/hot water made it worse. Thank God I remembered to turn the water off or it would have overflowed. Dh is at a class and can't come home. Did I mention this is our only toilet? We've been peeing in the bathtub all day.

Trying to decide whether it's worse to have to run to the store with a feverish kid to buy an extra plunger or run the risk of having to poop on the potty chair.

Do you have any cleaning gloves?  Maybe you could bail a little bit and then "manually" try to break things up?  (I know that sounds rather desperate, but it sounds like you might be desperate.   :scared: ).  Hope you've already got it fixed!

Since this morning pretty much was not my idea of fun, I started to think about ITT Island Retreat.  Truth.

So here's what I shall forever think of when I think of ITT Island Retreat:  Necker Island.

Warning:  Do not go Google it unless you want to be jealous of the fact that yes, there are people who can actually afford this.  When Critter finishes her book and becomes a squillionaire, or I win the lottery :), we can all get together on Necker Island.  Okay?

Well, that place is okay, I guess, but on OUR island the staff will be MUCH better trained.  I mean really -- they ought to know better than to hang a hammock that close to the pool, or over a hard paved surface.  Just one slip of the balance and an occupant can fall out, bang his or her head on the pavement, and slide right into the pool!

Rodrigo is already on his way to see what other slip-ups are on Necker Island.  No one go there until he gives the green light, okay?  He'll straighten them out.

• Like 2

Dh texted me location of plunger. Fixed it. In the middle of cleanup 2yo comes in with poop running all the way down his leg into boots. Threw away boots. Cleaned up poopy son. Cleaned up poopy bathroom.

Very poopy day so far.

Good call.  

Hope the rest of your day is poop-free!  

• Like 1

Our one toilet clogged 5 minutes after dh left. I can't find the plunger. Vinegar/baking soda/hot water made it worse. Thank God I remembered to turn the water off or it would have overflowed. Dh is at a class and can't come home. Did I mention this is our only toilet? We've been peeing in the bathtub all day.

Trying to decide whether it's worse to have to run to the store with a feverish kid to buy an extra plunger or run the risk of having to poop on the potty chair.

Deploy the potty chair, since you have it.  You can always run to the store if you feel free or desperate enough to do so, but in the meantime the potty chair can stand in.

Shall I order all of us ITT branded camping toilets to keep on hand for future emergencies?

• Like 2

Dh texted me location of plunger. Fixed it. In the middle of cleanup 2yo comes in with poop running all the way down his leg into boots. Threw away boots. Cleaned up poopy son. Cleaned up poopy bathroom.

Very poopy day so far.

Glad you got the plunger.  So sorry for the rest.  

Rocko!  Sven!  Hilda!  Swedish massage for Tater, chicken soup for her family, and double-check all of the plumbing!

• Like 2

I cleared off the kitchen table and collapsed it back to a round 4-seater.  I scrubbed part of the kitchen floor (had bought a deck brush so I don't have to get on hands and knees).  I reorganized a little more of our over-stuffed fridge, and found more ancient bottles of what must be Egyptian mummification fluids -- tossed.

If I can keep others from filling up the table before morning I just might have a bit of work area to start going over the unchecked math DD15 had been cranking out.  My brain is in must-snooze mode, so I must wait until morning now, when my brain will be fresher and more awake.

Maybe I can scrub a little more floor....

Thanks for the hugs everyone. I am alternating between tears, frustration and anger, and denial. My bow and I have been in bed watching Bosch.

Susan, I'm sorry about the bow. Can it be repaired?

It's a tricky issue. The violin shop can make an attempt, but it will likely throw off the weight, flexibility, and balance. That area of the stick is under almost constant strain, so the strength of the repair is also questionable...and it's an expensive repair. So we are thinking it might be better to scrounge up enough money to buy a cheap-but-playable bow rather than scrounge up the money to repair a bow that might not be playable afterwards. Our homeowner's insurance deductable would be about as much as replacement cost, so I don't think we'll go that route.

• Like 2

Since this morning pretty much was not my idea of fun, I started to think about ITT Island Retreat. Truth.

So here's what I shall forever think of when I think of ITT Island Retreat: Necker Island.

Warning: Do not go Google it unless you want to be jealous of the fact that yes, there are people who can actually afford this. When Critter finishes her book and becomes a squillionaire, or I win the lottery :), we can all get together on Necker Island. Okay?

Well, Branson obviously got his inspiration from the ITT Island. You know what they say...imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!
  • Like 3

I always picture ITT island as being magical with magical cornucopias of delicious food that adds no fat to the hips. Even the staff don't have to work hard because there are magical brooms like in the Sorcerers Apprentice (which never break down or take over). The staff is more there for eye candy and to tell the magical tools what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I always picture ITT island as being magical with magical cornucopias of delicious food that adds no fat to the hips. Even the staff don't have to work hard because there are magical brooms like in the Sorcerers Apprentice (which never break down or take over). The staff is more there for eye candy and to tell the magical tools what to do.

No wonder they like to "work" there, it's a vacation for them as well!

• Like 2

I feel so damn good! I'm not great, I'm not fine, I'm not not fine. I'm just good. I forgot what it was like to be normal. I'm tired from doing stuff, not just from being tired all the time. All my recent weight gain is just falling off (sorry). It was really effing annoying working out and eating well and getting fat anyway. My bra was too tight and I didn't have a single pair of pants that didn't make me look the the Michelin man. It was very depressing. I'm semi-human shaped again. It's nice. 

• Like 8

I think that I am going to try to get DD dual enrolled using our state's free money program.  To do so, however, I have to "enroll" her in public school (even though we won't set foot on the campus for anything other than signatures.)

So.  I was filling out some of the enrollment forms.  They asked for "name of high school."  The best I could do was "Homeschool/Town High School."  I still wanted to barf.

But $4K to spend at the CC is worth it, right?  Right?

• Like 6

Marine science and coastal meteorology. You should put a lot of time into it.

Cultural Anthropology - In Depth Studies of Native Practices, Cuisine and Apparel. (Aka people watching and eating clam chowder in a sour dough bowl, topped off by a double scoop of ice cream in a waffle cone) Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

Very poopy day so far.

A FAFSA on poopy days! :group hug:

Well, that place is okay, I guess, but on OUR island the staff will be MUCH better trained. I mean really -- they ought to know better than to hang a hammock that close to the pool, or over a hard paved surface. Just one slip of the balance and an occupant can fall out, bang his or her head on the pavement, and slide right into the pool!

Rodrigo is already on his way to see what other slip-ups are on Necker Island. No one go there until he gives the green light, okay? He'll straighten them out.

If you're going to nitpick you're not invited.

Not me. I want the staff working while I lounge. It's my vacation, not theirs, darnit! :LOL:

• Like 1

Don't forget shopping for t-shirts.

Seriously, though, if you're looking for a quiet, family-friendly beach in the Carolinas, Kure Beach before Memorial Day is really nice. We stayed at the Hidden Treasure Inn.

sounds wonderful. I was picturing Pismo Beach on the Central California coast. As stereotypical California Beach Town as you're going to get.😜
  • Like 2

I hate politics. This one is the neighborhood group- so informational and not political.

See my reply to Susan. ;)

Uh huh! Uh huh!!

Jean for President!!!! Vote ITT!! The only party that Makes Sense!!

Political post!!

Reported!!

• Like 3

I hear children.  :ph34r:

We're trying a new thing today. Walking *before* breakfast. Wish me luck.  :unsure: They will have yogurt before leaving. It's only 1.78 miles.

I've been wanting to walk before breakfast/going to work. Haven't done it yet. I did actually make a good breakfast this morning, though. No one ate it. I was not happy. I ate well though.

• Like 2

I've been wanting to walk before breakfast/going to work. Haven't done it yet. I did actually make a good breakfast this morning, though. No one ate it. I was not happy. I ate well though.

Here it was 7:00 Yogurt, brush teeth, shoes & socks.

7:30 Out the door.

8:30 In the door.

9:00 Eggs, sausages and sweet potatoes.

• Like 3

I feel so darn good! I'm not great, I'm not fine, I'm not not fine. I'm just good. I forgot what it was like to be normal. I'm tired from doing stuff, not just from being tired all the time. All my recent weight gain is just falling off (sorry). It was really effing annoying working out and eating well and getting fat anyway. My bra was too tight and I didn't have a single pair of pants that didn't make me look the the Michelin man. It was very depressing. I'm semi-human shaped again. It's nice. 

Good to hear it!  I hope it continues.

:hurray:  :hurray:

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 1