Menu

Ignore this thread!

The doctor made no mention of a sprain.  Would that show up on an x-ray?

I think it's arthritis.  I only got it checked because a) I was going to the doctor anyway and b) I didn't get my shoulder checked in December because I thought it was arthritis -- and it was dislocated.

I have no idea if it would show up on an x-ray.  I'm just hoping there's a non-arthritic explanation that will heal and stop hurting, sooner better than later.

• Like 1

I don't think I have done NaNo camp before.  Even half of camp can be better than no camp at all, right?

Any writing is always better than no writing, I think. Camp is so low-stress. I'm not sure if I'm going in a cabin this year or if I'm going to pitch my tent by the waterfall and write solo. 

This is why housework should never occupy more than an hour a day, and if possible, should be delegated to young people with healthy backs and knees. :D

I was vacuuming for less than 5 minutes.  An hour might have killed me!

• Like 2

Any writing is always better than no writing, I think. Camp is so low-stress. I'm not sure if I'm going in a cabin this year or if I'm going to pitch my tent by the waterfall and write solo. 

Ooooo, I like that idea!

Now I need a poster of a waterfall.  Or ancient ruins in a canyon.  Or rock art.  Or a game trail through cryptogamic soil.

• Like 2

I was vacuuming for less than 5 minutes.  An hour might have killed me!

Delegate that sucker, or lobby for hazard pay. I'd say vacuuming for 5 minutes is a 15 minute relaxing session with your feet up, and music of your choice playing softly in the background.

• Like 1

The cashier at the pharmacy overheard Dd and I discussing her logic assignment and almost fell over at the "college level " class. Not that we are doing it at a college level... Local schools don't teach logic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, we get eye blinks when that gets mentioned here, too!  Logic seems to be a college subject, and one most students try to weasel out of.  Which explains a lot about certain local behavior....

• Like 1

Good idea! I love decorating my writing space prior to camp, too.

I don't suppose DH or the kids would appreciate me bringing a mini pj forest into the house....

• Like 2

Ikslo, :grouphug: .  However you must understand that the HR person was probably educated in the local public school.   :hat:

OOOOO, that Junie!  She is SMOKING HOT today!

too-hot-to-handle-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 5

I don't suppose DH or the kids would appreciate me bringing a mini pj forest into the house....

That reminds me--I need to get a board so that I can post all the pictures of the novel's setting that I've shot over the years. And I need to make a special trip down there just to get more pictures.

Junie, is your foot swollen? Soak it in Epsom salts. My feet often swell and hurt and that helps a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is swollen.  This is kind of new to me.  My ankle often hurts, but rarely my foot.

Epsom salts are going on the shopping list.  Thanks.

• Like 3

Ikslo, :grouphug: .  However you must understand that the HR person was probably educated in the local public school.   :hat:

I think they learn it in those HR classes, honestly.  HR is synonymous with dysfunctional, IME.

• Like 4

Duh.  WRITE!

Junie, that is not even a question! Write! Always the right answer.

I want to write, but there is so much other stuff that needs to be done.  (Like school.)

Actually, I'm still in the organizing phase of my book.  I want to write biographies of our ancestors.  I'm still trying to figure out who I have enough information about.  And for some of the people this would involve out-of-state ventures to see where they lived.  It's not something that I can just pull out of my head, IYKWIM.

• Like 3

I'm hungry.

I concur.

Good News!  We have no pollen!

I am sending dh, dd18, and dd10 to live with you until the Bradford Pear stops blooming. They will do chores and sing for their supper. Dh will make breakfast every morning.

Ikslo is right.  Of course.

I concur.

• Like 5

Actually, I'm still in the organizing phase of my book.  I want to write biographies of our ancestors.  I'm still trying to figure out who I have enough information about.  And for some of the people this would involve out-of-state ventures to see where they lived.  It's not something that I can just pull out of my head, IYKWIM.

Writing to plan a book totally counts for camp. Organizing counts.

• Like 1

I am sending dh, dd18, and dd10 to live with you until the Bradford Pear stops blooming. They will do chores and sing for their supper. Dh will make breakfast every morning.

jaw-drop-smiley-emoticon.gif

How is it that those of you will multiple children have them much better trained?

And a husband who cooks?  :svengo:

• Like 4

I concur.

Bradford pears are horrible. They smell horrible, too!
  • Like 2

jaw-drop-smiley-emoticon.gif

How is it that those of you will multiple children have them much better trained?

And a husband who cooks? :svengo:

It's because the first two drive us crazy and then somehow all the ones after them eventually fall in line lest the mother continue in craziness. And the dh eventually understands that the mom's extra half hour of sleep with no frustrations in the messy kitchen makes for a much happier day for everyone. That's the theory.

• Like 4

I have revised my political speech.  It is longer than I expected.  If I am going to keep it at this length (and I want to) then I will need to give it as a representative of our citizen's group because groups get a longer time limit than individuals.  So I guess I need to submit it to the group chairpeople for consideration.  I hope that they approve it.  I think (very modestly) that it is a good speech. 

• Like 6

I made spaghetti. I have 2 donation bags and 3 trash bags ready to leave my life. Pretty good little head start on my de cluttering project. I've mostly planned our unit study; tomorrow I will finish and print stuff out. Friday I will obtain necessary library books.

iTired.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I want to write, but there is so much other stuff that needs to be done.  (Like school.)

Some of what I write is autobiographical, some is somewhat biographical, some musings, some whatever.  I am trying to make sense of something that involves generations, and the bulk of the work necessary will have to wait until my kids are done homeschooling so I can immerse myself to the necessary level.

I don't want to wait that long to write, though.  I've wanted to write since I was an adolescent or kid (somewhere in there), though back then no one but my high school English teacher ever gave the remotest inkling that it would be possible for a girl to write, much less a good idea for a girl to write, much less me personally.

So I write from time to time, whatever I have it in me to write.  I'm not doing the deliberately crafted writing yet -- that waits until I can give myself large blocks of time to learn it and practice it, to be mindful about it.  I am instead simply letting the words flow.

Part of what is buried in those boxes of papers of mine are old writings of mine, and to be honest, this is what I am hunting for when I go through the boxes.  There are other treasures, too, but I want my old writings.  They were written for the later me, mostly, and not only do I find them to be enlightening in their own ways, but they bring back snippets of long-buried memories.  They are a window into the past for my current self to look through with the perspective I have now.  What is in me that is demanding being written is taking decades to get written, because it is taking decades for me to find the understanding and the words.  It is a process, and part of life.

I encourage you to go ahead and just write when you can, even if it isn't the project you plan on writing.  Let the words flow, then date the pages and put them where you will find them again.  You don't have to wait to write just because you don't have the time and resources you need for your project.  Certain steps may require postponement, but go ahead and write.  Notes count. 

And sometimes it just helps the brain in the mulling process to jot some stuff down from time to time, even if it is totally unrelated.

WRITE.

• Like 4

Right under my post count!

We must all be well-behaved, then, because I don't think I have ever seen such numbers beneath any of our post counts.

Hooray for us!   :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

Hey, I have a warning points number!  It's 0, but it's there!  When did that show up?

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 1

Oh, sweet!  Mentally putting "look at NaNo" on the to-do list.

Yay!

ETA:  Just 100 posts away from 85,000 in the thread!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 1

It's because the first two drive us crazy and then somehow all the ones after them eventually fall in line lest the mother continue in craziness. And the dh eventually understands that the mom's extra half hour of sleep with no frustrations in the messy kitchen makes for a much happier day for everyone. That's the theory.

It's a good therory.  I like it.

And I'm leaving that typo because I'm tired of correcting my typos this evening.

Therory boyoya(h)!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 4

I have revised my political speech.  It is longer than I expected.  If I am going to keep it at this length (and I want to) then I will need to give it as a representative of our citizen's group because groups get a longer time limit than individuals.  So I guess I need to submit it to the group chairpeople for consideration.  I hope that they approve it.  I think (very modestly) that it is a good speech. 

Yay, go for it!  Go, Jeannie, go!

I nearly typed goo for it....

• Like 3

Just thought you all might like to know I quite dramatically, with flair, fell down the steps on my face as I was leaving work today. Well, actually I fell on me laptop backpack/pocketbook/lunchbag/sweatshirt, and my knee. It was slow motion all the way, so I had time to twist everything on my left side in front of me to cushion the impact. Alas, while my stunning good looks have been preserved :LOL:, my right knee is going to sport a sizable bruise. I think my left ankle will recover by morning. It only smarted for a bit. However, my left ankle was badly sprained in a fall down stairs as we were moving about 6 years ago, so I am crossing my fingers that I did not re-injure it. We shall see.

#clumsy

#noonesawme

• Like 4

Just thought you all might like to know that my banana bread has reached the status of currency at DS's school! How 'bout that?

That's good banana bread!

Just thought you all might like to know I quite dramatically, with flair, fell down the steps on my face as I was leaving work today. Well, actually I fell on me laptop backpack/pocketbook/lunchbag/sweatshirt, and my knee. It was slow motion all the way, so I had time to twist everything on my left side in front of me to cushion the impact. Alas, while my stunning good looks have been preserved :lol:, my right knee is going to sport a sizable bruise. I think my left ankle will recover by morning. It only smarted for a bit. However, my left ankle was badly sprained in a fall down stairs as we were moving about 6 years ago, so I am crossing my fingers that I did not re-injure it. We shall see.

#clumsy

#noonesawme

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Okay, everyone!  Start searching the internet.  SOMEONE saw that and filmed it, I'm sure.

• Like 3