Menu

Ignore this thread!

Geometry. 

They have their own equipment, but it walks around. So they borrow mine. :glare:

So yours will start wandering about, too, then?  Methinks yours needs chaining down or locking up!

I pitch fits about orange-handled scissors.  All orange-handled scissors that enter this house are MINE, and if someone else uses them without putting them back or next to the sink for washing my inner two-year-old emerges.  It's the only way I can maintain any semblance of control and make sure I know where to find scissors when I need them.  I'm not particularly fond of orange, but they are easy to spot!

I have no prayer of keeping track of my geometry tools, other than my drafting ones.  When DD15 starts hs geometry next year she will need her own set of tools AND an assigned place in which to keep them.  Something like this https://www.containerstore.com/s/kitchen/cabinet-organizers/undershelf-baskets/12d?productId=10000700 on the underside of the shelf above her desk might be handy.

• Like 2

I can't do my geometry because the boys have borrowed all my equipment.

:confused1:  :confused1:

ETA: Okay.  I see.  Geometry was so long ago I forgot there was "equipment" involved.

Hello, spark.  Welcome.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 1

Depends.  My short person prefers doing most of hers in her head.  I'm not sure whether I'm more  :glare:  or  :huh:  or  :blink: .

Today I was drawing and learning about the altitude of a triangle. So I needed my compass to get the perpendiculars through the vertices. And a straightedge. One boy purloined my compass and the other made off with my ruler. :glare:

• Like 2

I've been told by the writers' group that I have to write a short bio for that cookbook anthology we are working on and hope to release later this year. I'm thinking I may need to step up to the plate and get cracking on a building a website. :scared:

This feels scary, y'all. 

• Like 4

Nachos when you can't have cheese are a bit of a disappointment.

No kidding! What's the point? Then you just have chips. But chips are good with guacamole and homemade pico de gallo. Actually, I'd rather have that than nachos. Especially if the pico de gallo is made fresh with fresh summer tomatoes.
  • Like 4

:glare:

It's still snowing.

Figure out how to ship it to central North Carolina intact and DS will send you great quantities of his allowance. Poor baby is roasting over here. (He's from here, but DNA 'n' all...) It's 76F. We only got four days of Actual Winter, and he and I were out of town for most of it.

• Like 8

The sun is shining here, but the wind is blowing so much pollen around that even I'm sneezing. School is almost done for the day. Then I'm going to plug into some music, write for a few hours, pick a section to submit for critique this week, edit a story for the cookbook, and tackle another chapter in the novel that I'm editing for a fellow writer. I might require another cup of tea for all that. I think I'll make it now.

• Like 4

Figure out how to ship it to central North Carolina intact and DS will send you great quantities of his allowance. Poor baby is roasting over here. (He's from here, but DNA 'n' all...) It's 76F. We only got four days of Actual Winter, and he and I were out of town for most of it.

thinking-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 8

Oh, come on, JJM. You have all that snow in great big piles, free, and you just have to keep it cold for me. I'll have to sweep the whole driveway to get you a little box of pollen.

Oh, I would be more than pleased to share the snow.  It's the trade part that has me concerned...

• Like 3

No kidding! What's the point? Then you just have chips. But chips are good with guacamole and homemade pico de gallo. Actually, I'd rather have that than nachos. Especially if the pico de gallo is made fresh with fresh summer tomatoes.

I want homemade tomatillo salsa.  Or to learn how to make it.  When are tomatillos in season?

• Like 1

Hi, Whitehawk!

• Like 1

I need you all to tell me I'm right.

Hypothetical scenario :closedeyes: :  A log is created for HR to list all of the new hires/terms/promotions/demotions/title changes, so that the people who need this information in order to do certain tasks (create training records, maintain org charts, keep track of policy acknowledgements, resumes, etc.) can access the information at all times, in real time, without having to spend extra time tracking down information.  HR loses its admin at the same time every other department is decreased, putting a strain on everyone.  HR manager decides she no longer has the bandwidth to maintain the log.

Here's where I need you all to tell me I'm right.  Because, of course, I am right.  I just need validation.  HR decides to stop maintaining the log - BUT DOES NOT TELL ANYONE THAT SHE IS NO LONGER ENTERING INFORMATION.  Except she is.  Or someone is.  Sporadically.  Enough to give the impression that it is still being maintained.  But the information is piecemeal and there is no rhyme or reason to what is updated and what isn't, so I have no way to know how far back I have to reconstruct information, and her answer is "Just ask me for what you need."  How do I know what I need if you haven't told me.  I know what I need to know because it's on the log!!! 

This is rude and unprofessional, right?  Failing to communicate information, half-a$$ing the rest, and then expecting me to do the legwork to clean up the mess you created?  Um, no. Grrrrrr.  :cursing:  :smash:

Of course, this is all hypothetical. :toetap05:

• Like 3

We're back from the doctor.  The splinter is out and my foot is not broken.

I actually kind of wish that my foot were broken.  Broken bones heal; Rheumatoid Arthritis doesn't.

Maybe you sprained it?  Sprains heal.

Ikslo is always right.

Camp is in April, isn't it?  I can't take part for at least half of April this year.    :sad:

The cool thing about camp is that you can set your word count at whatever works for you. No pressure.

• Like 3

I vacuumed, and sacrificed my knee doing so.  I fell on it when pushing the footrest back down on the sofa after vacuuming under it.

Vacuuming is dangerous.

A hazards of housework booya(h)!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 4

I need you all to tell me I'm right.

Hypothetical scenario :closedeyes: :  A log is created for HR to list all of the new hires/terms/promotions/demotions/title changes, so that the people who need this information in order to do certain tasks (create training records, maintain org charts, keep track of policy acknowledgements, resumes, etc.) can access the information at all times, in real time, without having to spend extra time tracking down information.  HR loses its admin at the same time every other department is decreased, putting a strain on everyone.  HR manager decides she no longer has the bandwidth to maintain the log.

Here's where I need you all to tell me I'm right.  Because, of course, I am right.  I just need validation.  HR decides to stop maintaining the log - BUT DOES NOT TELL ANYONE THAT SHE IS NO LONGER ENTERING INFORMATION.  Except she is.  Or someone is.  Sporadically.  Enough to give the impression that it is still being maintained.  But the information is piecemeal and there is no rhyme or reason to what is updated and what isn't, so I have no way to know how far back I have to reconstruct information, and her answer is "Just ask me for what you need."  How do I know what I need if you haven't told me.  I know what I need to know because it's on the log!!! 

This is rude and unprofessional, right?  Failing to communicate information, half-a$$ing the rest, and then expecting me to do the legwork to clean up the mess you created?  Um, no. Grrrrrr.  :cursing:  :smash:

Of course, this is all hypothetical. :toetap05:

Hypothetically, someone needs to die.

• Like 5

I'm jealous!

Hey, want our mosquitoes?

Oh, we get pollen all right.  We just don't have pollen right now (4 feet of snow on the ground and temps regularly below freezing tending to inhibit plant growth and all.)

And we definitely get bugs of many, many varieties.  (No Zika skeeters, though.  Yay!)

• Like 2

Maybe you sprained it?  Sprains heal.

The doctor made no mention of a sprain.  Would that show up on an x-ray?

I think it's arthritis.  I only got it checked because a) I was going to the doctor anyway and b) I didn't get my shoulder checked in December because I thought it was arthritis -- and it was dislocated.

Ikslo is always right.

The cool thing about camp is that you can set your word count at whatever works for you. No pressure.

I don't think I have done NaNo camp before.  Even half of camp can be better than no camp at all, right?

• Like 1

I vacuumed, and sacrificed my knee doing so.  I fell on it when pushing the footrest back down on the sofa after vacuuming under it.

Vacuuming is dangerous.

A hazards of housework booya(h)!

Thank you for the warning.  I will be sure to avoid this evil "housework" of which you speak.

• Like 9

Oh, we get pollen all right.  We just don't have pollen right now (4 feet of snow on the ground and temps regularly below freezing tending to inhibit plant growth and all.)

And we definitely get bugs of many, many varieties.  (No Zika skeeters, though.  Yay!)

Our mosquitoes want to do a foreign exchange with your mosquitoes.  They said something about trying out new places, new flavors....

• Like 5