Menu

Ignore this thread!

DD15 was up at 4 AM having had a bad dream that kept recurring.  It doesn't happen often, but once in a while this does happen during allergy season.  Since there are no art classes today I am letting her sleep in.  DD12 was roused and sent to the shower, and told her bed has become over-populated with stuffed animals again.  Maybe I'll wash her sheets today -- that forces a full eviction, with fewer brought back into the bed again once the bed is remade.

It is very humid and hazy this morning.  The weather guy on the morning news promised some rain would hit this morning, after which the humidity will drop (and the temps for the next few days).  I'm waiting.   :toetap05:

There's a mass of birds in one of the trees just over our back fence, but no mockingbirds apparent.  We might get a break from aerial attacks this year, if we are lucky.  We have a small crepe myrtle next to the stump of one willow tree -- we couldn't avoid taking out the main cane of the crepe myrtle (too close to the willow trunk, got cut when taking out the willow).  I keep speaking encouragingly to what remains of the crepe myrtle, hoping it will leaf out and grow well now.

We do have more time for class work today, but if the promised front comes through in time and we have enough afternoon that's nice we will probably go riding bikes for a bit.  There's no escaping the allergens, so we might as well get some outside fun.  Until then I think the girls and I also need to add some more housework into today.

The girls have planned out supper and two birthday cakes for Friday evening -- celebrating both their Grandma's and Daddy's birthdays.  The girls will do the cooking and baking and grilling.  Grandpa and I are allowed to advise and give assistance if truly needed, but Grandma and Daddy are to stay away and not do a thing.  Daddy actually requested a meal cooked by the girls for a birthday present, so they are intent on delivering.  They have planned steak, baked potatoes, salad, biscuits, chocolate mint cake, and lemon cake.  Possibly lemonade, too.

Time to get breakfast and get on with the day.  Happy March!  Happy Lent!  Happy Wednesday!

• Like 4

Good morning!

Lynn may be hunkered down in the basement. The tornado sirens went off during breakfast so we did our Lenten devotion in the basement.

Junie, I hope you can get to the doctor.

Krissi, yay for new fridge? Sorry the fix didn't work. I am so grateful for the fridge we got last summer.

Jeanie for President!

Coffee!

Omigosh, that's right, tornadoes!  How is everyone doing? 

Omigosh, that's right, tornadoes! How is everyone doing?

We're OK. Sounds like a tornado went through about a mile or two north of us - lots of trees down, power out, etc. I wouldn't let dd18 leave for her CC class until the storm line was well past us - it was zipping through here at about 60mph so it didn't last long. 💨

• Like 6

Good morning. I need coffee.

It's lent. I'm going to spend the next 40 days decluttering my house. I tried to read the KonMari book in preparation, but she totally lost me when she started talking about how my socks are unable to rest if I ball them up. I guess I'll have to find some less ridiculous inspiration.

I've decided to do prehistory for our unit study because I have lots of stuff available already. The boys have the rest of this week off so I can plan, and we start on Monday.

Ooh, my coffee is ready! Be right back.

• Like 6

Good Morninig!!

COFFEEEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

I stayed up much too late last night! DH wanted to get the fridge ordered. And it's not going to be delivered till next Thursday.😡😡😡

Aaaack, Susan. I am glad you are safe. Do not drive in treacherous roads. Don't go swimming in the seas.

Lana, that is why I liked her book so much. It was goofy. And it spoke to me. I hold on to so much stuff because of guilt. So the idea of thanking things and letting them go really worked for me. I got rid of 2/3 of my wardrobe.

Lynn, you are a party animal.

Junie, I hope your ankle feels better!

AMJ, ((DD and her bad dreams)). Birthday party sounds yummy!

• Like 6

We're OK. Sounds like a tornado went through about a mile or two north of us - lots of trees down, power out, etc. I wouldn't let dd18 leave for her CC class until the storm line was well past us - it was zipping through here at about 60mph so it didn't last long. 💨

Glad you are okay and your DD stayed put until it passed.  Any impact to anyone you know?  I hope everyone is okay, no one killed.

Good Morninig!!

COFFEEEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

I stayed up much too late last night! DH wanted to get the fridge ordered. And it's not going to be delivered till next Thursday.😡😡😡

Aaaack, Susan. I am glad you are safe. Do not drive in treacherous roads. Don't go swimming in the seas.

Lana, that is why I liked her book so much. It was goofy. And it spoke to me. I hold on to so much stuff because of guilt. So the idea of thanking things and letting them go really worked for me. I got rid of 2/3 of my wardrobe.

Lynn, you are a party animal.

Junie, I hope your ankle feels better!

AMJ, ((DD and her bad dreams)). Birthday party sounds yummy!

I understand the concept of recognizing when an item has served its purpose and being grateful so you can let go. I think personifying my hard-working socks went a little too far.

My power just went out....Dang.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 2

We lost power last night and stuff went sailing out into the woods, but no tornadoes. I'll send the boys out later to retrieve things from the woods. All the critters are fine. Power came back on without problems. I'm pretty tired since the storm woke me up and at times it sounded like the roof was taking a pounding. Looks okay this morning though.

• Like 4

:hurray:

March 1.  It's raining.  Yesterday my garden was all little green nubs.  Today I have dwarf lilies in bloom!  My tulips are about 3 inches tall.  The field near my house went from brown yesterday to a field of green today.

:hurray:

:glare:

It's still snowing.

• Like 1

I understand the concept of recognizing when an item has served its purpose and being grateful so you can let go. I think personifying my hard-working socks went a little too far.

My power just went out....Dang.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

:grouphug:

Hopefully the power outage will be short-lived.

We lost power last night and stuff went sailing out into the woods, but no tornadoes. I'll send the boys out later to retrieve things from the woods. All the critters are fine. Power came back on without problems. I'm pretty tired since the storm woke me up and at times it sounded like the roof was taking a pounding. Looks okay this morning though.

I'm glad you are all fine.  Hopefully no real damage, and all items are easily retrieved.

• Like 2

NO.  Tornadoes are very definitely against the rules.  This must not happen again, Susan. scared-smiley-face.gif

• Like 3

DD15 woke up on her own and showered.  After she gets allergy meds and breakfast we will go out riding.  DD12 has requested outside activity before attempting brain work today, and there is no sign of the promised rain yet.

We will school today, but I think taking advantage of the "found time" from our cancelled art classes to do some other stuff is well in order.

We should also stop to spell the roses.  The DD12 rose bush outside the front window has some big blooms right now.

I have ordered birthday presents for DH.  Thanks to Amazon Prime they will get here before his birthday.  I was waiting until payday (today for the household account) for that shopping.  Yay, Prime!

• Like 2

Oh dear! I'm glad there were no tornadoes and you guys are all right. No swimming in the seas!
  • Like 1

We should also stop to spell the roses. The DD12 rose bush outside the front window has some big blooms right now.

!

Roses! R-O-S-E-S. Roses.

Our roses are starting to leaf out, but I see no buds. I have room for one more bush is my small rose garden. I have Mr. Lincoln, Elle, Nancy Reagan and a white one and a pink one that I cannot remember their names. I think I want another pink one. I'm not overly fond of yellow.

• Like 5

😘 Hello, all! It's been a crazy couple of weeks here--I have missed ITT. I am bowing out of the forums for Lent; see you all in April!

We will miss you!

• Like 2

I have no roses to smell or spell. I have a wild one in the woods, but roses don't do very well here.  It's too humid, and there is not enough wind to blow the bugs away.

For some reason some of our roses are doing quite fine in the HOT exposed front beds of our house (westward-facing front of house).  DD12's rose, especially.

MIL's roses do okay because they are right next to her house where she can tend to them regularly and keep the horses out of them most of the time.

Roses can be really hit or miss down here for the very reasons you stated.

• Like 1

There's a new house going up behind us and to the north. We have been watching the crane put the trusses up on the roof. He almost wacked the neighbor's roof with a load. This is so exciting.

:ohmy:

Can you set up a webcam so we all can watch?   :w00t:

• Like 4

Ok, we need to do school now. Although I might be able to rationalize that watching the crane counts as vocational education. In case any of my kids want to pursue the Home Construction Arts.😜

Also emergency management.  You are watching for the catastrophe that's about to happen, so you can call 911 and give an accurate report for the responders.

• Like 2

I'm trying to get a splinter out of dd9's finger.  I think that I may end up taking her to the doctor.   :glare:

:grouphug:   Poor both of you!  Stubborn splinters are the pits.

I forgot about the problems with my trike.  Walking an adult trike is NOT an easy task.  For the sake of the Pokestop I walked the trike halfway there and all of the way back.  The girls got to ride to their hearts' content so long as they kept where they could see me -- training in proper group behavior (staying in sight of the slowest member in case said slowest member requires assistance).  Yes, sometimes it's the adult in the group who requires monitoring and assistance.

I have reported my latest trike problems to DH so he can determine if he can do anything about it, or we take it to a shop for diagnosis and repair, or we junk it.  It's a lower-end trike and has never been a good fit for me, but had it not become problematic we could likely figure out how to make it fit me better (change handlebars and such).  Must get it fixed before we continue those efforts, however.

I'm bummed and we didn't stay out as long as I intended, but we got a good little workout nonetheless, so I guess it's lunch time.

• Like 1

I can't do my geometry because the boys have borrowed all my equipment.

Um, Like, I think?  What are they doing with it?

It's an uncertain about kids' doings booya(h)!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 2

I have a potted tulip to plant somewhere. I planted one last spring but I can't remember where I put it.

My dream is to scatter lily-of-the-valley bulbs around the swampy forest area on the west side of the house. And maybe find a place to plant some daffoldils.

• Like 4

I would like to see this. 

They move like a little flotilla across the creek, then clatter and clack up the hill to eat all the emerging rye grass over the water line. They used to just stay down in the draw, but they have grown bold of late.

• Like 3